users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Erkling's Tabar
Erkling's Tabar
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-08 12:06:04  
What do people think of this thing? Some of the augmented Screenshots look pretty nice to me.

Currently using Iron Ram Pick, and I have a Temperance Axe also. I most definitely will not be getting a Juggernaut for BST, but I'm interested in seeing what luck may provide on the Tabar...
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-08 12:25:06  
Only bst axe you can get with enslow/enpara (I assuming the enpara part) and pet: stuff on it, it's one sexy piece of gear that will really help your pet tank with the right augments.

Probably take you a hell of a lot of tries to get something you really like, but at 10k a pop and plenty of people willing to do these it shouldn't be so bad. Plus you can dual wield them if you're /nin :o enpara and enslow and all sorts of pet enhancements. *drool*
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-08 12:29:47  
i got +3 chr +4 acc ad pet crit hit+1 on mine. isnt there already a regular bst axe with slow on it? also dont forget the znm axe wit pet def and enchantment enfire
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-08 12:33:10  
Btw, it's "Erlking's Tabar".
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-08 12:34:38  
I haven't seen anything worthwhile to be honest. Show me some pictures to change my mind! Until then Maneater/Temperance Axe FTW
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-08 12:39:43  
Maneater/temperance axe will have you tanking, not your pet. If that's what you wanna do then that's up to you, but Erlking's CAN help your pet to hold hate better and live longer, especially if used with the right gear.

@Heimdall, yeah you might be right actually, I just know that my bst friend was pretty damn keen to augment his (after he's finished getting 2 daggers with spellcasting -5% for his brd).
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-08 12:41:17  
Kabrakan's Axe has slow on it (and 3 CHR, and 4 Acc).

It procs about normal rate for effect weapons on normal days, and it procs a lot on Earthday. Also, there is a hidden effect that if a mob already has Slow on it, it procs more often. It's one of the best BST axes for a long time, even though Tungi and some others have better DPS.

My thoughts on the Tabar were the Pet: enhancements mostly, but also some of the other ones. I see SS posted on this site, most of them have +DMG, one has STR, one CHR, almost all have pet effects.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-08 12:41:51  
Blazza said:
Maneater/temperance axe will have you tanking, not your pet. If that's what you wanna do then that's up to you, but Erlking's CAN help your pet to hold hate better and live longer, especially if used with the right gear.

Which is the way I like to play BST. Why do a little damage when you can do a lot? Pull hate? Unlock, turn away, cast utsusmi until pet regains hate and repeat. Or use snarl if its a jug.

If I'm in a situation where I need hate only on my pet like NM hunting, I'll equip PET: gear and not melee like Askar legs, MKE head with -10% damage taken and ACP Body with whatever pet stats I put on it, I cant remember -.-
[+]
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-08 12:44:26  
Also, what Blazza said about wanting to not pull hate off the pet. With jug pets it's not a problem because of Snarl, but with charmed pets, it can become a problem if you're too beastly yourself.

Something with added effect enfeeble/element and pet enhancements would be sweet. If added effect on weapons work the same as Enspells, you get the additional damage from the effect, but not the additional hate from the effect damage. It was precisely because of this I solo'd BST/RDM so much while cranking out FoV (That, and with Phalanx up, Stoneskin would last me enough hits that I could pretty much tank if I wanted to).
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-08 12:48:21  
Depends what you're fighting, there's a lot of ***out there that you don't particularly want to pull hate on at all. But meh, different play styles are different.

@Aramina, I haven't seen that much in the way of pet: enhancements either, so I guess it's hard to say just how good it can be. Would love to see some more though, as well as peoples opinions on them.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-08 12:49:56  
sadly though he bst axe is one the weapons geting aug the least so not full info on it stats.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-08 12:51:42  
But like I said earlier, I haven't seen any pictures of the Tabar with good augments. Post some pictures or link me to some? I am interested in what it CAN do.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-08 13:07:25  
From Wiki:
DMG +3~5
CHR +3~5
STR +2~5
Accuracy +4~8
Additional Effect: Earth Damage +11
Additional Effect: Wind Damage +9
Additional Effect: Water Damage +12
Additional Effect: Ice Damage +18
Additional Effect: Silence +7
Additional Effect: Slow +8
Additional Effect: Flash +7
Pet: Accuracy +1-5 Ranged Accuracy +1-5
Pet: Attack +1-5 Ranged Attack +1-5
Pet: Critical hit rate +1~2
(bold parts edited according to screenshots on here)

Any three on that list, only one additional effect at a time of course and I'm GUESSING from screenies that it's also only one pet enhancement at a time. DMG/STR+5 and acc+8 would stack up against Maneater pretty damn well, and something like acc/ensomething/pet attack would be pretty decent. Depends what the ensomething is too I guess.

The enblind I had on an erlking's blade lasted a pretty decent amount of time I think, although proc rate was pretty shitty (+13 I think). So if you're fighting something quite tough you could always carry this and kabrakans and swap once the additional effect procs. Obviously I'm thinking more along the lines of pet survival than doing fast damage, but there's a few interesting options there.
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-08 13:32:01  
One of the SS on this site has:
+4 DMG
+5 STR
+6 Accuracy

Which would put it up there pretty well with anything short of Relic. Certainly it would end up being something of a hybrid of Maneater and Woodville, and at 10k for the base axe, that's hot.

Also, you still have the potential for boosted pet ability.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-08 13:37:56  
Guttler
DMG: 53 Delay: 280 Attack +20
"Onslaught"
Additional effect: "Choke"

Maneater
DMG: 43 Delay: 276
Latent effect: DMG: 49
Hidden Effect of Attack +18 and Accuracy +5 while this latent effect is active.

Erlking's tabar
(Axe) All Races
DMG: 41 Delay: 288 Main hand: DMG: 45

---

+4 DMG
+5 STR
+6 Accuracy

That would put it pretty close to the same as Maneater, short on attack but more STR. I find that I use Primal Rend more often than Rampage anymore so not sure if it would be any better or not.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-08 13:40:50  
You can get +5 DMG and +8 Acc on the Tabar as well.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-08 14:02:02  
on of Primal Rend mods is chr so being able get chr and acc on this axe wis great
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-10-08 14:03:26  
Tbest said:
You can get +5 DMG and +8 Acc on the Tabar as well.

How many attempts would it take =/ Not trying to be a downer on it but the fact remains that random augments suck.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-08 14:52:47  
1 o 100 who knows with it being random.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-08 14:55:14  
Yeah but there's no limits on how many times you can try, and you'll pretty much always do 5 runs at a time (whole party hands weapon in to fairy, then does the battle 5 times to use up all options).
 Leviathan.Kryptik
サーバ: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-10-08 15:43:12
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I wanna see some Pet Damage Taken: -%.... then I wud get it until then imma stick with Lion Tamer