Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-16 14:48:00  
Cerberus.Resetti said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Considering the damage that a modern ranger could put out, some of us consider it a "heavy DD" too. In that regard, its incredibly important that any RNG who does content in old zones regularly (UNMs, Master Trials come to mind) having an Annihilator cannot be stressed enough. More important than a Fomalhaut (although you'll use Chrono Bullets for everything of course), way more important than an Armageddon.

These days ways to specialize weapons is the flavour du jour. Yes, there is a "best", but there are situations that dictate other attributes besides DPS at times. If you find yourself just loving a job, being relatively good at it (in the minds of others), and have the gear, multiple RMEAs WILL get used in differing situations.
With multiple REMs I agree 100 percent. Only guns I’m missing is DP and form. But after researching for rng chrono bullets for the win.

Gogo DP and Gastra! I’m rootin for ya Drakenv!!!
Thank you Taru taru :)
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-07-16 15:46:02  
The most useful rema is the one that keeps you playing <3
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-16 16:02:14  
I've gotta say I fall back on my Anni a helluva lot. Its far from niche. Not to mention the ability to have a physical weaponskill capable of respectable Darkness skillchains on RNG is just wonderful.
[+]
By Zeota 2018-07-16 16:39:47  
Love my apoc! It's saved my hide a number of times farming omen cards, and in ambuscade!
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-16 17:28:42  
Zeota said: »
Love my apoc! It's saved my hide a number of times farming omen cards, and in ambuscade!

Probably one of the most underratted rema in game imo, among anni and ukon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-16 17:54:22  
Afania said: »

In my opinion, the recommendations on weapons vary differently depending on if you single-box or multi-box. Yes, in party/alliance setups the best is the best, regardless of your playing situation, but a single boxer gets a hell of a lot more out of some of the more hybrid style or defensive style RMEAs out there, such as Apoc, Ukon, Tizona.

So if you ask someone who runs around with a pocket BRD for their BLU and never need worry about MP if Tizona is a good choice, you'll get a very different answer versus someone who is running with trusts. Or a DRK with alts who's always at haste cap versus one randomly getting haste II from King of Hearts when he feels like it, and god knows what songs from Ulmia.

Just saying the situations a single boxer finds themselves in change how they use some of these toys. Personally as a single boxing BLM I find great use out of my Claustrum for events like Nyzul to keep up refresh aftermath since that's how I farm tokens for mythics. So please, anyone reading threads like this considering their choices, consider how'd you use them.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-07-16 19:02:09  
Afania said: »

I won’t look at Ukon til Ukko’s Fury is fixed... but moving on... I absolutely love my Tizona/Alsace Combo for BLU and It’s still your dominant DD option on literally everything EXCEPT a full-on Zerg (Full-On Zerg, you would use Tizona/Raetic+1/NQ)

Of course there might be situations where you’d prefer to use Sequence and Savage Blade instead of CDC Spam but in my experience thus far, when I’m on BLU I’m usually CDCing.

For THF, Aeneas/Twashtar is just plain brutal (I know you said to keep Aeonics out but I felt it worth a mention)

WAR does absolutely silly things with Chango... 2k+ Upheaval > King’s Justice > Upheaval for a quick Radiance and a very nice chunk out of whatever you just hit with it. Fair-Warning though, Dnot use this against Omen Bosses xD. As for REM, the Mythic at this current stage of the game is kinda dead? Bravura is a nifty Utility weapon offering extra umph to Hybrid sets and the undisputed highest Acc of any weapon for WAR (and all jobs if the Add effect lands decently) so if SE releases a new NM that we play hell trying to hit, Bravura will be a good choice.

As for Greatswords, please do not make Ragnarok. Right now, it’s beaten by a Raetic NQ pretty handily as well as some other Greatswords that are pretty easily farmed from UNM. Of course, make whatever you want but it WILL be a waste of resources at the present moment.

So far I have Tizona, Alsace, Chango, Ragnarok(Only use for Lock style at the moment), Aeneas, Twashtar, aw well as Aegis but that’s PLD stuff.
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-16 19:22:00  
We can't forget the best REMA
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-07-16 19:34:18  
Asura.Topace said: »

I saw a whm today with EMP club. Those are kinda rare.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-16 20:54:11  
fonewear said: »

I saw a whm today with EMP club. Those are kinda rare.

Kind of rare, but pretty dope. My ls whm has one, and it's great. AND.. you never see a whm glow red, so cool points +1
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2018-07-17 15:39:25  
eh, of my gun collection Annihilator has definitely seen the least use, but I love my crit/camouflage build and Armageddon. one of these days I will get around to finishing Gastra to complete the marksmanship collection.

hybrid and Ukonvasara? are you sure you're not confusing it with Bravura?
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-17 18:36:17  
fillerbunny9 said: »
hybrid and Ukonvasara? are you sure you're not confusing it with Bravura?

Ukon is more of a weapon for amnesia, or when you start with 3000 tp and fight last longer than 2 min but ends in 3 min.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-07-17 18:56:06  
Kikokuuuuu
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-17 19:20:48  
Thought about building an Armageddon I see it gets so much ***.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-07-17 19:39:05  
I actually almost did armageddon over death penalty, seems super cool for shooting! I melee most of the time so I figured it would be a little wasted
By fonewear 2018-07-17 20:04:09  
Thought about building an Armageddon I see it gets so much ***.

I did Armageddon I enjoy it.

Then again I did REMA for ranger...and not everyone is that into ranger.

Now you not my secret I'm a mithra !

Edit highlighted wrong one here you go:

https://ibb.co/gfgLEJ
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-17 20:19:38  
Death penalty is certainly more useful for cor, although if you dont have aeonic, your pov may change a bit....
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-17 20:25:03  
DP and the way the math works on magical weaponskills like Leaden Salute is just freaking broken these days. I love my Arma, its' without a doubt my favorite ranged weapon, but no way I'd consider it before a Death Penalty. The ability to be a support job in an event like dynamis and just oneshot statues left and right is just invaluable, and post wave1 boss oneshotting with Arma becomes harder.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-03 00:55:04  
fonewear said: »
The clear answer is every weapon so you can be red white and blue !

If it was me I'd do mythic first because that to me takes a considerable time.

Easier to do other weapons before mythic.

If you're referring to AG, do Ergons not count?
By Foxfire 2018-09-03 01:47:22  
ergons are mythics, technically.

also, nice necro.
[+]
 Odin.Horu
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-09-03 04:21:28  
I see a few comments saying raetic is better than ragnarok, is this correct? I was under the assumption the +14% base crit rate (And +10% crit from aftermath) for melee attacks plus the random 2.5x dmg and the +27 attack/acc from the GS skill and the magic dmg for skillchains would even out or beat Raetic, or does the +22/23dmg and the mp->second attack/stp really make that much of a difference?

I don't have a ragnarok but have always considered it so I figured I'd ask
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-03 06:00:05  
Odin.Horu said: »
I see a few comments saying raetic is better than ragnarok, is this correct? I was under the assumption the +14% base crit rate (And +10% crit from aftermath) for melee attacks plus the random 2.5x dmg and the +27 attack/acc from the GS skill and the magic dmg for skillchains would even out or beat Raetic, or does the +22/23dmg and the mp->second attack/stp really make that much of a difference?

I don't have a ragnarok but have always considered it so I figured I'd ask

Unfortunately Ragnarok has been in a very bad place for quite some time now. To put it plainly, Ragnarok sucks right now and is handily outperformed by several cheaper options such as Montante +1, Raetic Algol and NQ (Both In AND Out of Escha) and yeah,probably the SU5 but it's a complete waste of money right now paying 400-500m for any weapon lol.

*Edit* this is RUN only so not even relevant.

The Crit Rate + and Occ. Triple Damage are great for White Damage but the Game's current meta is around 90% WS Damage so.. those could be doubled and still not matter =(

The Accuracy is wonderful but most targets that need said Accuracy will have the gap closed by buffs. And even then, you can achieve nearly the same Acc with Raetic/+1 So unless something comes out with EXTREME EVASION, this wont be useful.

And Finally, the weapon is just too damn light =( The BIGGEST problem with this weapon is it's 430 Delay, placing it comfortably in a very poor STP Calculation. Which drastically hurts your WS Frequency. This can be countered with SAM Rolls, but those same rolls will make Montante, and Raetic that much more powerful than Ragnarok =<

It's just poor design on SE's part is all. Now if they simply made it's Delay 450, that'd automatically make this weapon a great deal better. And I myself am a Rag Owner, fully AG'd (I feel I have to say that because some people are die-hard Rag-Defenders) It's just not good right now. SE might beef it up with the "Augments" gotta wait and see.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Horu
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-09-03 06:55:07  
I guess I'll reconsider getting a ragnarok until its been patch
 Leviathan.Sidra
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-09-03 08:53:47  
[
So if you ask someone who runs around with a pocket BRD for their BLU and never need worry about MP if Tizona is a good choice, you'll get a very different answer versus someone who is running with trusts. Or a DRK with alts who's always at haste cap versus one randomly getting haste II from King of Hearts when he feels like it, and god knows what songs from Ulmia.

Offtopic, but #bringbackcornelia.
[+]
By kishr 2018-09-03 08:57:54  
First I'll do is max guttler. For certain.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-09-03 09:00:11  
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/22060/claustrum
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/22064/hvergelmir
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/22063/nirvana
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21147/khatvanga
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/22096/draumstafir
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/25503/smn-collar-2

My body is ready.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-09-03 09:29:42  
Leviathan.Sidra said: »
[

Offtopic, but #bringbackcornelia.

Yes please, I very dearly miss that Trust =<

I have alts that I keep with me (#Legion) but I still liked how much more flexible my setups could be with her around.