users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Fishing Skill Up Notes in 2018
Fishing Skill Up Notes in 2018
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-07-10 19:52:56  
Didn't see any updated skill up guides so I thought I should put some of my notes from skilling up the last couple of weeks.

First thing you should do is buy a Lu Shang Rod. I didn't get the torque or belt and skilled up just fine, so you can skip those until level capped. Just the level 1 fishing gear is good enough.

Activate this quest https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Thanks_for_All_the_Fish to +1 the rod.
Can probably sell the rod at the end if you don't want to get a +1

Activate the Fishing Tenacity quests for Endurance. You need to activate the subsequent one (until 8) after you finish the previous one. if possible get a Pelican Ring (from login points if they appear).

Camp in Nashmau until level 99, use Fisherman's Feast with Pelican Ring.
https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/109359-FISHING-What-you-need-to-know-(hidden-gems-from-the-fishing-thread)

You only need 1-2 stacks of Fisherman's Feast from AH as the Endurance RoE quests also rewards them.

Edit: Getting Sanction with double food duration will increase the food effect duration. There is a NPC at the north exit that gives the buff.

Start doing Aquatic Depopulation Team after you exhausted your fishing stamina for the day, aiming for the Seagull Ring. Look at the talk pages to see how you can increase the rare items drop. Get a Puffin Ring (from AH) to help speed up big fish catches since they give more points.

After 99, I was floundering not sure what to catch, going on the occasional fishing cruise (Titanictus, Rugyu Titan) or Cave Cherax. It's pretty annoying to spend the effort to fight the fish only for the line to snap.

Then I found the Giant Chirai. It is a big fish with nice stamina bar to clear the RoE endurance quests and it NEVER breaks the line. It caps at 110+ so you can fish it until level capped.
There is no annoying interruptions with the boat and loosing your Pelican Ring buff.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Felgarr 2018-07-10 20:52:02  
Thanks for the helpful and constructive thread, Arakon. I wanted to start up fishing again and wasn't sure changed. Much appreciated.

Caerda, yes, ok...botting exists...but to maximize rewards and descrease skilling up time, knowing about Fisherman's Feast/Pelican Ring and which RoEs to activate is helpful.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2018-07-10 20:55:30  
I think at this point in the game, most ppl are just doing it for completeness of craft skills than for any profit.

Seeing a skill up message is a welcome sight after capping all the combat, magic and craft skills.
[+]