users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » After windows update today windower taking forever
After windows update today windower taking forever
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-06-22 09:39:16  
Hell all. had to restart my computer as I did not have a choice and there was a windows update. Now upon trying to launch windower it just sticks at the green windower screen with the dots moving across it for like 7 mins then it launches. I am also wondering if this is related to new internet I had installed this am as well. I went from 300mbps to 1 gig but I have 3 separate routers now. One for phone, one for net, one for wife.
By DaneBlood 2018-06-22 09:56:12  
I am amazed you got windower to run on windows 3.11 btu i would advice to update to a newer versions.

I assumed windows 3.11 because no other information is in the post so I have to guess.
Also it might be because you Cyrix cpu is just that slow.
;)
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-06-22 10:10:58  
sorry. Alienware area 51, windows 10, intel i7, dual 1080 vid cards, 64gig ram, uhh nothing hardware has changed only new thing is windows update and new internet.
By Nekseus 2018-06-24 18:11:36  
This probably won't help but have you tried a fresh install of windower to see if it does the same thing? I have experienced this a few times in the past and testing a new install of windower then merging my old data worked before. Idk why it worked but it did.

The other times I've experienced this it just eventually stopped happening. Presumably a minority issue later resolved. It's not uncommon for windower issues to arise for a small group of players after a windows update.

If your using the release version then give the dev build a shot instead or vice versa.

Sorry I don't have any better advice to give. I hope you resolve the issue, good luck.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nekseus 2018-06-24 18:28:21  
Yeah that is a good point. Perhaps better access your network configurations.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-06-24 18:48:53  
Caerda said: »
We had a Windows 10 update at work that crippled our systems. Couldn't print to any of our printers, it completed deleted the printer drivers and we couldn't install new ones. Made our systems slower and we had to end up buying all new pcs. Windows 10 is a huge hunk of ***.

Your IT staff are morons if their solution to a Windows update was to buy new PCs.

As for OP: try a system restore to before the update and try again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-06-24 18:59:44  
Jetackuu said: »
Your IT staff are morons if their solution to a Windows update was to buy new PCs.

I want THAT job! "John, the copie...meh, I'll order another one."

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-06-24 19:09:05  
Bahamut.Negan said: »

I want THAT job! "John, the copie...meh, I'll order another one."
Right?

I mean I know people who'd order new printers when they star really acting up, but typically they'd be 8~ years old anyway.
By Nekseus 2018-06-24 19:36:40  
Caerda said: »
Sounds more like a processing/cpu issue. Network config shouldn't affect windower opening up like that.

Well considering the initial process of Windower(Those dots passing to the right) is it checking for updates, it is more than likely some sort of connection issue. I might be wrong though.

As for OP: try a system restore to before the update and try again.

They must have Geek Squad for IT or something. xD

Windows 10 system restore seems much better than predecessors. MS has even been teaching new techs to bury the old wipe and format days and yet I'm guilty of still doing it annually. >.<
By Jetackuu 2018-06-24 20:39:03  
Nekseus said: »
old wipe and format
Yeah, quite frankly nothing will overwrite that for me.

Nothing like a good reimage, and it's fast (if your environment isn't ***).
By Nekseus 2018-06-25 00:50:21  
(if your environment isn't ***).

Me in my environment...