Ambuscade Cape 101?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Ambuscade cape 101?
Ambuscade cape 101?
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2018-06-20 00:52:41  
Making my 1st Ambu cape and dont want to F it up, so here some dumb questions.

* Can you choose the same stat with the Dye and the thread? ie: 20 str from thread and another 10 from dye for 30 max?

*Can you make more than 1 cape for different purposes? If so how do you macro/gear swap the one you want?

With all that, what cape would be the best one? My initial feeling is to make a TP cape with Atk/Acc, DW, Str, -DT, and unsure on Dye stat (if you can duplicate stats or not).

But then again WS damage 10% and a buncha dex/atk also seems good. I guess its a bit of a non issue if you can make multiples though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-06-20 01:16:40  
1) Yes, you are correct about the application of dye. For an example, if you're making a WS cape you might want to boost the attribute for your WS with the dye to make it 30.

2) Yes, you can chose to have multiple capes for 1 job. I don't know how any methods through things like Gearswap work for it. But in game, you can use equipment.sets to chooss which caps you want, even though it has the same name.

3) For my DD/TP sets I tend to do: Dex (acc), acc/attack, STP.
For WS: Attribute for WS, acc/Attack, WS Damage or Crit rate/Dmg or DA (depending on the modifiers of the WS).
- (I.e WS Dmg, Crit rate/Dmg, or WS Dmg for WS set. Or STP/DA for DD set)
-For a example. On Drg, you want to use a DA weaponskill cape on Stardiver as the weponskill factors in multi-hits. But on Camlann's Torment you want weaponskill damage as multi hits do not affect the WS.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-20 01:30:58  
2) //gs export, then either paste the item with its augments into your sets or assign a variable for it and use that

3) Your first cape should be 30 DEX 20 attack/acc 10 WSD
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-06-20 01:30:59  
1. Yes

2. Yes, but only one per job specific cape per month can be purchased. Get a WS related cape first since that's where the majority of your damage will come from. 30 DEX / 20 Atk / 20 Acc / 10 WSD for Rudra's was my first THF cape.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-20 11:53:25  
2) If you want to go the /equipset route, I believe you still actually have to split the capes up between your bags (wardrobes or inventory.) /equipset does not recognize augments, so if you have 2+ in the same bag, then you'll be equipping one from random each time the set is called in a macro, but it does remember which bag the item in the set is supposed to be in.

Last time I checked, this was actually the official dev-approved workaround for the multiple copies / different augments issue. ^^;;
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-20 11:56:22  
Nyarlko said: »
2) If you want to go the /equipset route, I believe you still actually have to split the capes up between your bags (wardrobes or inventory.) /equipset does not recognize augments, so if you have 2+ in the same bag, then you'll be equipping one from random each time the set is called in a macro, but it does remember which bag the item in the set is supposed to be in.

Last time I checked, this was actually the official dev-approved workaround for the multiple copies / different augments issue. ^^;;

This is not true if both are in your inventory (not sure about wardrobes). You can test this by simply using equipset and checking your gear. Make sure that you select the correct cape for the proper equipset, and that their position in your inventory does not change relative to each other.

I have two different BLU capes in my inventory and they correctly swap using equipset macros.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-20 13:11:38  
What Nyarlko said is not accurate.

Just tacking onto this, there is a fundamental difference between using /equip and /equipset. /equip operates under the condition that it will equip that specific item (even if there are duplicates) entirely at random UNLESS you use a number to specify which bag the duplicate is in.

i.e. If you have 3 different capes on BLU, 2 in inventory, 1 in Mog Wardrobe
Using the below macro
/equip "Rosmerta's Cape" back
will result in a randomly selected cape from either your inventory or Wardrobe.

If you use the below macro
/equip "Rosemerta's cape" back 1
This will tell the macro to only select the cape from your Mog Wardrobe. You can use the numbers 0-4 to specify which bag you are selecting the macro to pick from. 0 = inventory, 1 = wardrobe 1, etc etc.

Now what happens when you have 2 of the same cape in the same bag? You would use /equipset instead, as /equip is not built to identify duplicates inside the same bag.

So if you have 10 BLU capes in your inventory, and 10 different BLU macros that uses each cape, you can select the exact cape you want to use for that specific macro and it will lock that cape (or any duplicate/aug item) to that slot so long as you do not remove that piece from the bag you initially selected. All of the capes can be in the same bag, too (I have 4 RNG capes all in wardrobe 3, they always select the right one during macros). This means if you have 2 BLU capes, a ws and melee one, and you remove the melee one and then subsequently put it back into the same bag, the macro is reset and it has no idea which cape to select. Switching them out essentially resets the macro, so it will pick one at random. Every time I bring duplicate capes back into my inventory, I have to reset my macros for each set, so that I'm sure it's choosing the correct cape/augment piece each time.

You can avoid the macro resetting, by always using equipsets, and always put capes and duplicate items in your mog wardrobes and never remove them. This way, you can set your macro once and not have to change it, as long as you don't move the item between bags. If you must use /equip (if you have no more space for /equipset) then make sure you only have 1 of that item in that specific bag, so you can tell the macro where to pull it from.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2018-06-20 14:05:15  
Thanks for all the info on capes and detailed info on how the equip/sets system works. Thats just handy to know for lots of situations.

What do you guys use for the defensive Resin augment? I'm starting to think i can just ignore it entirely on the WS flash cape and save my points (till later anyway), or maybe put some spell interrupt on it and double as a utsu midcast piece. I'd assume just Put -DT on whatever my TP cape would be.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-20 14:20:17  
For most melee I've just been lazy and putting dt-5. For ninja I did mdt-10 since that's the only damage that can hit me when I have shadows up (outside of moves that wipe them anyways). Also did spell interruption rate down for casting cape. Did pet dt for pup and for sam I'm going to make a counter cape for my defensive tanking set to go along with the few other unique counter pieces Sam gets. Geo I did pdt-10 which allows me to hit 50% master and pet dt without Idris. Run I also did pdt-10 for melee set since it normally won't have trouble with magic damage during any set.

For melee jobs, probably dt-5 or resistance to status ailments might be the best option, though I think the latter might be halved vs NMs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.