フォーラム » Windower » Support » Macro palate #1 randomly gets deleted
Macro palate #1 randomly gets deleted
 Asura.Kazaki
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2018-06-10 14:06:31  
Hey,

Had this problem a few times now and I'm not entirely sure what's triggering it.

I thought at first it might potentially be Gearswap, I'm using Kinematics which I think a lot of people use so I don't think it's that? I wasn't aware there was a way to delete entire palates at a time.

This happens during gameplay, so no logging in/out. One moment I have macros and the next time I swap to that job they're gone...

Anyone else having this issue?
 Asura.Whitesorrow
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Whitesorrow 2018-06-10 14:35:19  
I've had this happen a few times on my Summoner Gearswap.
Basically if an avatar is out and I switch to certain zones or cities before releasing, I'll get a nil value (Failed to concatenate) which points to the flow lua. That's as far as I've gotten with it atm, I'll repost if it happens again and I figure it out.
By Boshi 2018-06-10 14:46:04  
one time i copy deleted one single macro and the entire macro line deleted
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-06-10 14:55:54  
This happened to me a few times as well. I’ve noticed that it happens when I change something in my lua and reload it. Whichever macro page I was on before reloading would get erased.

I think it might have been something going pear-shaped when the GS reloads? My fixes for this are to

1) always move to a blank page before reloading gs after any changes

2) keep a copy of the entire macro page but placed somewhere else

3) Save all of my macros to the server every couple of months or so just in case anything else decides to get weird lol.

I haven’t personally had any issues ever since doing step 1 but I still like to be cautious until whatever’s causing this is stopped. It’s a real pain resetting macros.. especially when you’re in the middle of Ambusc or something
[+]
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-06-11 07:52:23  
I had something like this happen last month, except i only lost the title to every single macro book, and in some, half of my macros were gone, where in others, i was only missing a page or two.

settings were also lost. at the time, i hadnt started using gearswap yet. only mentioning it here, as i've only known one other person that had this happen, who as well, didnt use GS, and havent seen a post anywhere else.