users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Omen objective 15k magic damage without burst
Omen objective 15k magic damage without burst
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-04 12:50:59  
Does anyone have a recommended set for this objective on BLM? Does that set require GEO's malaise? Can a GEO solo that objective? If so, what is the recommended gear set?

Thanks ahead of time.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-06-04 13:16:32  
geo can definitely solo that, and if you have a run to use rayke or gambit.. whichever it is, that helps too.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
サーバ: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-06-04 13:19:14  
I know this was not the question that was asked - but just in case it was not obvious, blu can solo this objective easily.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-06-04 13:19:24  
blm can use death to get this w/o geo if struggling gear wise to get the 15k, make sure you have hate via frazzle or sleep before hitting it.

part2 yes a geo can solo this with malaise/acumen
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-04 13:45:18  
GEO should be fine with this if they BOG bubble+malaise/acumen + use cardinal chant (mab face east). You can pop Theurgic Focus for another princely amount of MAB and you should be fine.

NIN can do this as well without even malaise, if they pop Innin, Futae, stand behind, and have a good free nuke set (malevolence x2, high mab elsewhere).

BLU has no issues on this if you have a good MAB set and use BA.

BLM can pop death if needed, but normally any t5-6 works, set depending.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-04 14:00:08  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Does anyone have a recommended set for this objective on BLM? Does that set require GEO's malaise? Can a GEO solo that objective? If so, what is the recommended gear set?

Thanks ahead of time.

Geo can totally solo this objective, just use Malaise+Acumen.
BoG+EA that Malaise even if you need be, kinda depends on your gear.

Blm can do it with Death as it has been said already and, honestly, even with T6 unless your gear is really bad.
I think it's a bit more difficult (i.e. gear-demanding) on SCH, but if you have tier2 weather unlocked and can exploit it together with the day and use Ebullience, you should be able to hit it (depending on gear, again).

I think the hardest canonic mage job to do this objective with is probably RDM. Best combination for RDM is I would say /SCH with correct weather up, gain-Int and whatever else you feel you might need.
Gonna need really good gear for RDM to hit that solo, but it's possible.

Keep in mind there are trusts you can use to ease up the process, like Star Sybil gives a small amount of Mab. Every bit helps!
By Boshi 2018-06-04 14:15:52  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
BLU has no issues on this if you have a good MAB set and use BA.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-06-04 14:18:32  
SCH with weather + ebullience for dmg increase can do it too.
I don't know if anyones mentioned it either, but cehuetzi snow cone give 13 mab and 5 int which helps.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-04 14:26:58  
its +13mab, not 13%
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-06-04 14:54:52  
thank you for correcting me, i fixed it.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-04 15:53:01  
My alt GEO with acumen/malaise (no BoG, no gambit/rayke, no theurgic focus) does 18-19k nukes, so plenty of leeway there. Just sometimes gets messed up by Omen lag not swapping gear, and some of the creatures in there are resistant to certain elements so don't make that mistake.
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-04 16:29:31  
Thanks for your replies everyone.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-06-04 16:51:10  
SMN can do this too!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-05 01:41:21  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
My alt GEO with acumen/malaise (no BoG, no gambit/rayke, no theurgic focus) does 18-19k nukes, so plenty of leeway there. Just sometimes gets messed up by Omen lag not swapping gear, and some of the creatures in there are resistant to certain elements so don't make that mistake.
Your alt GEO has pretty awesome gear tho! :P
I remember like ~1 year ago I was having a hard time hitting 15k solo on GEO without using BoG, but with that it was super easy.
Bet with BoG/EA even a GEO with shitty gear and without Idris can easily hit 15k though :D
 Lakshmi.Darkdoom
user: DarkdoomG
By Lakshmi.Darkdoom 2018-06-05 05:52:26  
I usually get this on SCH with Ebullience/weather, often have malaise or acumen though so that probably contributes.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/359344 that's my t5 set on sch, you can use the same set on blm. Has a ton of room for improvement, so it should be pretty easy for your schs or blms to manage.