Italian Politics: How Not To Govern

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Italian politics: how not to govern
Italian politics: how not to govern
 Asura.Vienner
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vienner 2018-06-01 05:18:23  
Also, Italy has a huge industry for industrial kitchen equipment for some reason. More then Half my kitchen equip are made in Italy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2018-06-01 05:31:17  
Asura.Vienner said: »
la piovra!
That's one thing I wasn't expecting to be popular in Belgium lol.
 Valefor.Rawry
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Rawry 2018-06-01 08:32:39  
Some interesting facts about the appointed ministers...

Ministry of Healthcare: an anti-vax idiot
Ministry of Labour and social policy: Di Maio(who has never worked in his life)
Ministry of Interior: Salvini, a proud xenophobe(the one who wanted to run over gypsies with caterpillars)
Ministry of Family assistance: a homophobe who's also anti-abortion(di we travel back in time 40 years?)
EU affairs: Savona, outspoken anti-euro

such excellent choices.

At least the other ministries got some more reasonable picks, so..yay?
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-06-01 08:34:25  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
la piovra!
That's one thing I wasn't expecting to be popular in Belgium lol.
It was on national tv a long time ago, one of the best detectiveseries ever made imo.
By fonewear 2018-06-01 08:34:49  
DirectX said: »
When you say recipe, do you mean bread, tomato sauce and cheese? Cus this ain't a recipe! It's a bachelor smashing something edible together!

In England we invented melted cheese on toast which is good with tomato ketchup which while not as good as pizza, we also are world leaders in entertainment, education, research, science, creative industries, etc, etc. What does Italy offer the world?
Italy offers the world some of the best wines, the best cheeses, a healthy lifestyle, fashion, la piovra!, nice cars, delicious italian men, Italy is an important agricultural region in Europe. they gave us roads, the toilet, running water.

You forgot Super Mario !
By fonewear 2018-06-01 08:40:00  
I would argue that Da Vinci Parmesan cheese Ferrari Donatella Master Splinter April O Neil Versace Pizza Speaking with your hands mafia overweight tourists breath taking landscapes....Italy has it all !
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-01 09:16:38  
Valefor.Rawry said: »
Some interesting facts about the appointed ministers...

Ministry of Healthcare: an anti-vax idiot
Ministry of Labour and social policy: Di Maio(who has never worked in his life)
Ministry of Interior: Salvini, a proud xenophobe(the one who wanted to run over gypsies with caterpillars)
Ministry of Family assistance: a homophobe who's also anti-abortion(di we travel back in time 40 years?)
EU affairs: Savona, outspoken anti-euro

such excellent choices....
All would look quite at home in Trump's cabinet.
By fonewear 2018-06-01 09:25:29  
I think Italy should let the Mafia rule the country what's the worse thing that could happen...it would just look like a Soprano's episode....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2018-06-01 09:32:30  
fonewear said: »
I think Italy should let the Mafia rule the country what's the worse thing that could happen...it would just look like a Soprano's episode....
Mafia has ruled the country already for many years. Democratic Christians had close relations to mafia and there was even a very famous tv-broadcasted trial in the 80s. They got judges and prosecutors assassinated(we have a bunch of tv series based on those years)all with the aim of infiltrating the national politics, and infiltrate they did. Even Berlusconi himself is thought to be tied to those events and to have mandated some of those killings, however proofs were never found and he's corruption of all levels of justice during his years of tenure as PM have put everything under the sand.

Mafia infiltration is one of the main reasons why our country is so *** today, other one being the meddling with our politics of the US and USSR between the 50s and 70s.
[+]
Guide Maker
サーバ: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Crystal Neptunia 2018-06-01 09:33:15  
Italy's political history is extremely interesting if anyone likes the subject. Really worth studying.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-06-01 09:36:28  
Crystal Neptunia said: »
Italy's political history is extremely interesting if anyone likes the subject. Really worth studying.

Not as interesting as the Sopranos though...
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2018-06-01 10:10:50  
kinda reminds me of Mexico's politics, where the Government Cartels rule the nation with fear

as soon as some (corrupt) governors loose their seat (term end or re-elections) they are usually seen fleeing the country to avoid getting linched, or worm themselves to a higher seat to keep *** up the nation.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2018-06-01 12:17:22  
Tomorrow we celebrate the 72nd birthday of our republic, but the truth is we haven't been a democracy almost ever. The very referendum that happened on June the 2nd 1946 when we chose republic over monarchy was tampered by the US. I mean it's good we got rid of the Savoy royals, but it was still a heterodirected vote right from the start. Years of being a USvsUSSR battleground, then a lot more of mafia and corruption, then emergency technocrats, tbh we've probably only had the first really democratic government in 2013.
Ok maybe I've been a bit too dramatic, but still...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-01 12:41:46  
Crystal Neptunia said: »
I know somewhat of your political history, but I know your medieval and renaissance history better.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-06-01 13:50:28  
Spain just ditched their President with a vote of no confidence after a corruption scandal.

Take that Seha, Spain totally stealing Italy's thunder!
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-01 15:18:13  
But Spain has automatic sucession. So no voting on failure, no weeks of frantic campagining without a government.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2018-06-02 07:09:32  
Happy bday to Italy as a Republic! Today we mark the day that americans italians decided to abolish monarchy in favour of a republic through vote tampering referendum.
But that day marked also the first time women could vote in Italy!!
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-04 18:33:07  
I think you have a government now.

Is anything better yet?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2018-06-08 09:36:42  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
I think you have a government now.

Is anything better yet?
Well..I'd start with the list above I provided about ministers, that was really not a good start at all.
So far Conte's declarations have been as vague as it gets and pretty much everyone thinks he's just a puppet but Di Maio and Salvini will be the ones really running the show. And that's a problem. Our PM has no power.

And he's going to G7 now. I don't expect him to show up with a spine, but watch him side with Trump on the removal of sanctions on Russia, as that's what Salvini wants.
Merkel will also surely remind him again of our impending doom(germans love to remind us).
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-06-19 13:18:50  
I see some in your new government are yearning for the good old days of fascist rule.

Italian interior minister's Roma census announcement causes outrage
CNN
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2018-09-05 16:49:55  
Actually curious on how Italy is doing now Seha. Has there been any change? Hopefully for the better.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [362 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2019-09-02 17:12:59  
Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
Actually curious on how Italy is doing now Seha. Has there been any change? Hopefully for the better.
Thanks for asking! *says one year later*

All kind of things happened in this political year of M5S-Lega. It was absolute madness.

The government did jackall for our economic growth(the ubi implemented by M5S isn't even a ubi and it's *** useless)and we are as usual the worst country in the EU in that aspect. Meanwhile though Salvini managed to fight with France everyday(which is every italian's dream)and make immigrants suffer abandoning them in the middle of the sea for weeks on end.

But now the two factions had a bout(mostly cause M5S refused to do the economic maneuvers that Lega wanted and was promised)and so the government dissolved and a new alliance has been formed, this time between M5S and PD(centre-left). This is hilarious as M5S members have spent the past 6 years berating PD on a daily basis and portraying them as the greatest evil in our political history, especially cause in 2014 PD did this exact thing with another party in order to keep a broken government going without doing more elections. But hey, gotta keep a hold on that power somehow right??

At this point I have nfc where all this is even going, this is an improvised alliance just to avoid new elections and the two parties have never once talked about common goals. But winging it is the italian way so carry on.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-09-02 17:25:12  
Well, sounds like your doing better than England at least.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-02 20:45:50  
Not to mention us.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-09-07 21:18:14  
Brit politics today eclipse Italian politics SO BAD.

I mean Boris just might have to call a vote of no confidence on himself.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2019-09-08 02:02:50  
Belgium doesnt have a federal government after 100 days of negotiating. We're obviously trying to break our previous record of 541 days.
Everything going as planned.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [72 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-11-18 13:20:00  

All kind of things happened in this political year of M5S-Lega. It was absolute madness.

The government did jackall for our economic growth(the ubi implemented by M5S isn't even a ubi and it's *** useless)and we are as usual the worst country in the EU in that aspect. Meanwhile though Salvini managed to fight with France everyday(which is every italian's dream)and make immigrants suffer abandoning them in the middle of the sea for weeks on end.

But now the two factions had a bout(mostly cause M5S refused to do the economic maneuvers that Lega wanted and was promised)and so the government dissolved and a new alliance has been formed, this time between M5S and PD(centre-left). This is hilarious as M5S members have spent the past 6 years berating PD on a daily basis and portraying them as the greatest evil in our political history, especially cause in 2014 PD did this exact thing with another party in order to keep a broken government going without doing more elections. But hey, gotta keep a hold on that power somehow right??

At this point I have nfc where all this is even going, this is an improvised alliance just to avoid new elections and the two parties have never once talked about common goals. But winging it is the italian way so carry on.
Thank you for response. I do appreciate the summary of the situation. Sorry its not great. =/
By fonewear 2019-11-18 13:36:26  
Italian politics that's a spicy meatball !
By fonewear 2019-11-18 13:37:10  

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2019-11-18 13:42:18  
Don't worry Italy we love you for your olive oil and organized crime and I'm sure you have other good qualities....