What's With All The Bots?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What's with all the bots?
What's with all the bots?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-27 20:58:21  
SkyFrog said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Asura.Aoryu said: »
with gil prices so low, how much real money do you make a month? genuinely curious, vague ballpark is fine if you don't mind.
around $14k, lowest month of 2018 has been $11,200 and highest $17,100

Whoa! Are you preying on the gullible here? I'm being sincere here. I don't know how much gil sells for nowadays, but if its price were $2 per million then $17,100 in a month equates to 8.55B gil sold. That's redonkulous!

$2 a mil is for suckers. That's possibly the highest price you'll find it for.

But, yes, it is absolutely praying on the gullible. If you aren't taking their money, someone else is, so it may as well be you.

Remember that weapons cost 250mil (eh, give or take) and that there are 70 of them. on top of 100 +1 gears that cost 50~ mil. A single idiot can consume 50 Billion gil. That doesn't even cover crafting shields, or job points, or accessories, R/E gear at all.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-05-27 20:59:10  
SkyFrog said: »
Asura.Aoryu said: »
with gil prices so low, how much real money do you make a month? genuinely curious, vague ballpark is fine if you don't mind.
around $14k, lowest month of 2018 has been $11,200 and highest $17,100

Whoa! Are you preying on the gullible here? I'm being sincere here. I don't know how much gil sells for nowadays, but if its price were $2 per million then $17,100 in a month equates to 8.55B gil sold. That's redonkulous!

Exactly, lmao. People DO NOT buy that much gil anymore.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-27 21:03:22  
I don't know how to break this to you, but yeah, yeah they do.

Look at any one of the guys from dubai. They've bought in the order of hundreds of billions.

People spent $1,300,000,000 on clash of clans in '16 and $2,300,000,000 in '17.

and you think they don't drop 20k on ffxi in a year? You think those people that pay 300m for Moonbeam capes earn that ***? lawl.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-27 21:04:01  
many things in this game are much more valuable than gil, in particular on smaller servers where mere supply is the question.

People use the term "buying gil" loosely to cover all forms of RMT, including things like Aeonic runs, a nice tidy bundle of 10k riftborn boulders w/o fighting on the AH, 75 apademak horns, pretty much whatever your Gold Card desires.

It would be naive to think of RMT as purely gil trades.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-27 21:12:38  
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
How long before they become sentient?
my ai assistant i have been writing can hold a conversation better than most people.
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-05-27 21:13:33  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I don't know how to break this to you, but yeah, yeah they do.

Look at any one of the guys from dubai. They've bought in the order of hundreds of billions.

People spent $1,300,000,000 on clash of clans in '16

and you think they don't drop 20k on ffxi in a year?

Of course people spend stupid amounts of money on video games. But that, no lol. Gonna take more than a 1099 k form that you can download from irs.gov and fill in with Adobe lol.

I'm sure he does sell gil, no doubt about that, I have plenty of friends that do, big and small scale, but there just isn't that much money in it anymore. ***, some people are sitting on 3B+ because they can't offload it for even .80 cents a mil. So, no. Sorry. You may fool these people but not me, bud. :)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-27 21:18:24  
There are people literally waiting in line to buy.

So your guys are doin it wrong.
[+]
 Asura.Slyshenx
By Asura.Slyshenx 2018-05-27 21:19:24  
Lmao, no.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-05-27 21:41:43  
Who cares exactly how much people are spending on it.

They're not only providing a service, but entertainment too:

By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-27 21:53:55  
Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
How long before they become sentient?
It's already happened!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-28 00:33:31  
Asura.Slyshenx said: »
Gonna take more than a 1099 k form that you can download from irs.gov and fill in with Adobe lol.
This is why it's not worth arguing with you. That's the most practical method of documenting my income that I have, and I posted it in all of the 3 minutes it took to grab it from paypal and block out my personal info. If you choose to assume it was prepared in advance, or photoshopped that quickly, that's your perogative.

It's not like I made a thread saying 'OMG LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY I MADE', someone asked and I can't stop catching flak for answering them. If you don't believe me, cool. I would never identify my customers, as it's bad business, and anything about my financials without SSN/personally identifying information can just be called photoshop. Thus, I can't really prove it and if it makes you feel better to believe I made it up that's fine.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-28 00:41:55  
While I think it's 100% possible for someone to make that kind of money RMTing, I'm not so sure about it being 100% from FFXI. This games player base / economy simply isn't big enough to support that kind of market volume. Remember this is from one person, how many other RMT's are in this market, how much larger would the market have to be to support all of them. It's likely that there are other sources of income included in that list, possibly from other games / consulting hours / ect.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-28 00:45:34  
Asura.Saevel said: »
While I think it's 100% possible for someone to make that kind of money RMTing, I'm not so sure about it being 100% from FFXI. This games player base / economy simply isn't big enough to support that kind of market volume. Remember this is from one person, how many other RMT's are in this market, how much larger would the market have to be to support all of them. It's likely that there are other sources of income included in that list, possibly from other games / consulting hours / ect.
It honestly is pretty much just FFXI items/gil/services. There were a couple small software jobs in there, but I also received a few FFXI payments through western union(and tbh, the WU payments probably outnumber the non-FFXI stuff in my paypal). Nothing from other games.
By Foxfire 2018-05-28 00:46:20  
tbh if i had the time and patience to code bots to do this, i prob would

i'm a lazy sack of ***

and if a passive routine like that could give me a consistent income that i could bank, on top of my actual job? no doubt.

props to you.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-28 00:51:18  
It honestly is pretty much just FFXI items/gil/services. There were a couple small software jobs in there, but I also received a few FFXI payments through western union(and tbh, the WU payments probably outnumber the non-FFXI stuff in my paypal). Nothing from other games.

I'm just trying to think where the demand volume is coming from. We gotta assume that there are at least two other players in the market so that's a solid 15~18 billion gil per month of demand. Not that many whales running around cause almost everything important is time gated to make RMT rather difficult. I can totally see that kind of value being generated with sufficient automation techniques, just not the amount of people buying it in a game with this kind of dwindling population.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-28 00:54:37  
I would never name customers or purchase amounts, as it's not good business practice, but I have a pretty loyal customer base. I've been doing this for over 5 years and always offered the best prices, with reliable delivery dates. I work with several resellers as well. I would not be surprised if upwards of 40% of the market never sees any other seller as a possibility.

There's no reason to go looking for a new supplier if your current guy has been consistant for years and isn't nickel and diming you on everything possible. Good customer service and accepting a lower price when merited goes a long way.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-28 01:04:35  
Oh I'm just talking raw consumer demand, as in total market wide demand on FFXI. I assumed you were probably around 50~60% of the total market going by your figures. It's why I guess there would be other games and services lumped in with that, FFXI is a small market and skills learned here are easily transferred to other larger more lucrative markets. And I hope nobody would be stupid enough to expect you to name buyers and ***, that's just not good business sense. I'm just surprised at the market volume, figured it would be much smaller due to the age and population of this game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-28 01:13:07  
It's the same people that buy and buy over and over again trying to be #1 ranked as if it meant something.

14 billion only gets you ~25% of all dem shinies. Means you've got a single customer for multiple months, and more than one guy is trying to be #1.

No one is ever done spending gil, there's always some new thing you could buy if you were so inclined.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-28 02:24:53  
While I think it's 100% possible for someone to make that kind of money RMTing, I'm not so sure about it being 100% from FFXI

The crux behind it "can be":
"Incremental Sale"
"Pity Buying/Selling"

However; I'm a bit surprised these transactions weren't in cryptocurrency ....
By Draylo 2018-05-28 03:20:41  
I can't believe people still follow every boast that he claims. He would have to be the sole provider of gil/items in FFXI for that to be even remotely true. Buying a house off a dead server of 300 people? I mean come on. Why do you still gloat on these forums Thornyy? There is no way you are making that kind of money solely off this game in this year. If that were the case, you would use that botting power for games with higher populations than this one lol. I'm in no way jealous because at this time I make more than the earnings you claim, I just find it incredibly unbelievable.

Why would you even report your earnings 100% if you were making all that under the table? Very fishy and unbelievable. You've been doing this for "over 5 years" but I recall your boasts being the same longer than that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-05-28 03:26:38  
Draylo said: »
I can't believe people still follow every boast that he claims. He would have to be the sole provider of gil/items in FFXI for that to be even remotely true. Buying a house off a dead server of 300 people? I mean come on. Why do you still gloat on these forums Thornyy? There is no way you are making that kind of money solely off this game in this year. If that were the case, you would use that botting power for games with higher populations than this one lol. I'm in no way jealous because at this time I make more than the earnings you claim, I just find it incredibly unbelievable.

Why would you even report your earnings 100% if you were making all that under the table? Very fishy and unbelievable. You've been doing this for "over 5 years" but I recall your boasts being the same longer than that.

I just bought a house with what I sold my gil for!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By geigei 2018-05-28 03:37:58  
The salt is...salty.
By pchan 2018-05-28 04:19:05  
People still buy gil ? Even after I released my super awesome addon ? So i'm going to give you all a tip : get 18 chars, at least 1 pld and 4 smn, enter incursion at the lowest level and thundersparks 50+ mobs. You gain 7k exp with any number of characters contrary to others zones. This gives you 200M per GAIN EXP or 4 hours.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-28 04:30:05  
Meh, I don't make 15k a month, but I only half *** it. I could see 15k a month easily from doing delve 24/7 and/or vagary. Salvage is chump change and thats 5k a month.

And the buyers are there. lol. I sell an Idris every single week. I don't know where or why there are still people that want Idrii but it is what it is. (I ask buyers what they're getting sometimes)

I can tell you right now, I personally know "people" that buy from thorny... and the amount makes me go "damn". and "Why?".

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2018-05-28 04:34:52  
Hey Eiryl no one cares bud. You need a hug? Need a daddy?
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-28 06:10:55  
This is the most pathetic, soul-crushing thread in the history of this site... and that's really saying something.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-28 06:19:24  
Draylo said: »

Back in 2006 Bro was mercing 0pitcal hats for like 10 M gil ! True story !