users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » Clothcraft question
Clothcraft question
 Phoenix.Splatz
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: splatz
By Phoenix.Splatz 2009-10-05 09:45:15  
My Clothcraft was sitting at 82 for just over a year. Recently I decided to take it up again and start crafting things in hope of some nice HQ's at 100.

This morning I decided to try my luck at crafting a Royal cloak. I am 90.6 +1 so I am well over the cap just for synthing a NQ. I get to windy, buy a crystal and get advance synth support. I am always nervous when synthing expenisve things but this time I didnt think twice about it. I go ahead and synth only to crit break it and loose all 3 damascene cloth, gold thread and whatever else you put in there to make it.

I can never seem to win. I must have put in at least 10-11mil over the course of 3 years getting my clothcraft this high. Not once ever have I made a profit nice profit from a synth. What pisses me off is the fact that I see loads of people, even some under the cap, brewing up HQ's over and over again.

My question is does anyone else have the most crappy luck as I do? Am I doing something wrong? I am really thinking twice about putting in another 3-4mil needed to reach 100 now. Skilling up on rainbow capes is killing my bank. Can anyone suggest a semi cheap skill up item to reach 100? I hate this game sometimes and I sometimes think its out to get me when stuff like this happens =/
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-05 09:59:15  
Synthing anything hoping for a HQ to profit is always going to be a risk, even with 100+3, as such, it's generally best not to attempt it until you're at the highest HQ tier possible.

A lot of crafts it's hard to make any real money until you hit, or get very close to 100+3. But, there are ways you can make money HQ'ing lower level gear, or even with some NQ's at higher level in most crafts. You really need to study the recipes available to you and put a lot of planning into what you craft.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-10-05 10:19:04  
Also waiting until your server has Artisan Advantage Kupopower will help cut down on lost materials when you fail.
 Siren.Kimiko
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kimiko
By Siren.Kimiko 2009-10-07 06:25:27  
That and CC is one of the most shitty crafts ever. Expensive materials that cannot be mass produced & virtually no profit synths except for those rare HQ's. If I had a choice to do it all over again, I'd go with Alchemy or Cooking. =(
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2009-10-07 06:48:31  
I got a 2nd charcter with alchemy 100++ all gear & still break beeswax from time to time. if your crafting you have to put up with it all about risk & reward.

ps. clothcraft & leathercraft are the crafts where your majority of profit is gonna come from farming & making your own leather in leathercraft or silk/velvet cloths in clothcraft.
 Remora.Vitaru
サーバ: Remora
user: Vitaru
By Remora.Vitaru 2009-10-07 07:00:18  
CC 97+6 and recently got 0/11 HQ on aristocarat coat on windsday new moon 0% advance support, direction and all that ***. it's totally a risk and a total loss.

If someone told me this before i would'v gotted a relic long ago instead of wasting money in crafting, specially that the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE game system/people allow people to sell NQs on AH less than the item cost.

my advice for you is save your money, spend it in a relic, and join a dynamis LS to help you with that. But it's your choice.

plus what will cost you to get CC from 95-98 is more than all what you have already paid from 1-95. best way is to level THF and farm your materials.
[+]