フォーラム » FFXI » General » Is Asura a good place? Looking to transfer
Is Asura a good place? Looking to transfer
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-16 11:04:31  
fonewear said: »
Ok so you built every REMA weapon then what reason do you have to play the game again

Cause I like murdering pixels in new and creative ways, preferably with a team that does likewise. I'm not a goal orientated person.

Seriously that's it.

It's the reason I play WAR so much, not because I "love the job" but because the huge variety of weapons I can wield to inflict that death on those pixels. I've been CPing every job to 2100 as a side project, recently finished BST using only /NIN Mistral Axe / Ruinator / Cloud Splitter melee method with an Aeonic axe. Now moving into NIN, when that's one I'll do melee COR and maybe later BRD or something.

FFXI isn't even the only MMO I play and far from the only game I play. I have several single player RPGs, lately it's been FFXII Zodiac on steam and a heavily modified Final Fantasy I on GBA emulator.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-16 11:06:50  
DirectX said: »
Cerberus, Phoenix and Leviathan should merge into one.
Bahamut, Shiva and Sylph into another.

Whatever it takes to reach numbers past 1000 active logins during prime time. Under that there simply isn't enough people to go around which results in everyone using bots for support which just further isolates the remaining population and cause's people to jump ship faster.
By zaxtiss 2018-05-16 11:08:47  
DO NOT ask for a merge... gunna piss off the people that stay on the small servers we like the small server.
if you want a big server go to asura but please don't say we need a merge cause we don't.
By Afania 2018-05-16 11:20:17  
Asura.Saevel said: »

You want to know what kills a server? It's when a handful of super players start acting as a gateway to all endgame activity. They normally do this by hoovering up all the super supports like four song GH BRDs and Idris GEO's (back when that meant something). Small groups will grow themselves and help some of their people get these amazing support items only to see them get siphoned off to join super shells. They would join those super shells because it was far faster and easier to get gear and gils then waiting around for the rest of their lowly group to catch up. This was the norm until about three or so years ago when all super weapons became relatively easy to get, and it's still something that happens. See how long an Idris GEO or REMA BRD will stick around a group of seven people struggling to do Ambuscade runs, kill WoC or reisen NM's.

The problem that you described isn't just server problem. It's more of a job market problem that exist for long long time before server size shrink below 1000. The situation gets worse with content lock out.

To prove my point, Try to make a brand new Omen group on Asura. While You may still get geo you may have hard time getting rema brd. That's because there aren't enough brd in the job market and those with one are already in a group and either capped on drops or unable to attend 2 groups due to lock out.

There are like 2 to 3 jobs that can tank, 15 jobs that can dd, 3 jobs that can heal. All these roles are interchangeable and there aren't huge performance difference if you use different jobs for that role.

Only brd can do what brd does and only geo can do geo jobs. Both jobs are not interchangeable with anything else. This problem exists on every server.

Also to respond your point 1:
A big endgame ls isn't necessary hell for all of new or returning player. An established endgame ls with extremely top end core group can clear 18 man alliance content at ratio of (just estimate, may not be completely accurate) 60% very experienced hardcore player, 35% less experienced casual and 5% brand new player. As long as pros takes more important job role and new players take support role like cor, the alliance performance won't be hindered much.

Like wise, in a 6 man ambu VD there's usually room to take 1 brand new player on certain job as long as the other 5 are top end too. Ive done it many times.

You can view it as internship irl. Big companies offer internship for students because they have enough seniors in the company to carry them. In return they get potential recruit after they graduate.

On small servers established big groups tend to keep a few spot in pt for "intern" new players so the big group won't shrink after old play finish everything and quit. I almost always see brand new players that's still working on RoV in my Endgame ls every couple months, which replaces old player that quits. they can take the easy job role like cor in events and get clears.

And a new player that gets a spot in established event ls will progress much, much faster than PUG Endgame content with 6 players that's equally new. There's huge difference between leeching off an efficient VD pt and do N with 6 people still gearing up.

Obviously on a 300 people server it's not possible to carry everybody, so some people will ended up leaving because there aren't enough leech slot for every single person. But saying small servers with big ls has no opportunity is false. The opportunity just exists in different forms and it's up to new people to find them.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-16 11:20:54  
zaxtiss said: »
DO NOT ask for a merge... gunna piss off the people that stay on the small servers we like the small server.
if you want a big server go to asura but please don't say we need a merge cause we don't.

We all know a merge will happen when enough Japanese people demand it...our say in the matter is minimal just white noise.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-05-16 11:26:07  
we like the small server.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 11:33:45  

We all know a merge will happen when enough Japanese people demand it...our say in the matter is minimal just white noise.
Because Japan is ichiban
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-16 11:52:37  
Whatever it takes to reach numbers past 1000 active logins during prime time. Under that there simply isn't enough people to go around which results in everyone using bots for support which just further isolates the remaining population and cause's people to jump ship faster.

Let's be honest... the people who choose to bot support would be doing it no matter if there are 50k people on the server, or 50. A larger population wouldn't suddenly help them to develop a moral compass.

The only thing that would change is the way they'd rationalize it to themselves.
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-05-16 11:53:16  
DO NOT ask for a merge

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 12:01:45  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
DO NOT ask for a merge

Or my daddy :0
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-16 12:17:15  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Let's be honest... the people who choose to bot support would be doing it no matter if there are 50k people on the server, or 50. A larger population wouldn't suddenly help them to develop a moral compass.

The only thing that would change is the way they'd rationalize it to themselves.

Using bots for support doesn't involve a moral compass because there is nothing morally wrong with it.

What happens is a group gets tired of always having to struggle to find a WHM, a COR or a healer and eventually one of the members just says *** it and builds an alt into one of those. They use that account and it makes life much better, no more struggling to find a specific support job when you can fabricate one on demand. This fixes the short term issue of them missing that critical job, long term they simply stop looking for that job and because they already put the effort into building the mule they don't want to put duplicate work building up a newer player to take on that role. Continue on this path, eventually the people running the bots for the group realize their life would be much simpler if they just do everything themselves and that's what happens. They withdraw from the game community into a tiny niche and just solo / low man everything with a bot army.

Having a larger population provides a huge pool of players to pull from and thus alleviating the necessity of using mules for everything.

Afania said: »
To prove my point, Try to make a brand new Omen group on Asura. While You may still get geo you may have hard time getting rema brd. That's because there aren't enough brd in the job market and those with one are already in a group and either capped on drops or unable to attend 2 groups due to lock out.

I can do it in a week if I wanted, I have done that within a week twice already. It's about knowing people and being willing to build people up instead of demanding they have everything right off the bat. On the flip side of that coin, those being built up need to realize they have immense room for improvement and not get thin skinned when people point out stuff they *** up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-05-16 12:17:32  
All servers are good if you like it. Just keep in mind that if you can't make friends on a small server, you won't magically learn how to make friends when you arrive on a larger one.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 12:26:18  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
All servers are good if you like it. Just keep in mind that if you can't make friends on a small server, you won't magically learn how to make friends when you arrive on a larger one.
Valid
 Sylph.Darkside
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-05-16 14:09:48  
Asura is great depending....

If you are trying to farm stuff like colorless souls or empy mats good freaking luck. Do that before you go there.

If you are looking to do endgame content. its solid as hell and tons of pick up groups.
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2018-05-16 14:26:22  
Asura is like the internet. There are a lot of good people there that do their thing, keep to themselves, and are awesome people and players.

Then there's a small fraction of really loud obnoxious *** that do and say really stupid things while waving a #Asura flag in everyone's face that generally give the server a bad name.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-16 14:34:39  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Using bots for support doesn't involve a moral compass because there is nothing morally wrong with it.

What happens is a group gets tired of always having to struggle to find a WHM, a COR or a healer and eventually one of the members just says *** it and builds an alt into one of those. They use that account and it makes life much better, no more struggling to find a specific support job when you can fabricate one on demand. This fixes the short term issue of them missing that critical job, long term they simply stop looking for that job and because they already put the effort into building the mule they don't want to put duplicate work building up a newer player to take on that role. Continue on this path, eventually the people running the bots for the group realize their life would be much simpler if they just do everything themselves and that's what happens. They withdraw from the game community into a tiny niche and just solo / low man everything with a bot army.

Having a larger population provides a huge pool of players to pull from and thus alleviating the necessity of using mules for everything.

Afania said: »

I can do it in a week if I wanted, I have done that within a week twice already. It's about knowing people and being willing to build people up instead of demanding they have everything right off the bat. On the flip side of that coin, those being built up need to realize they have immense room for improvement and not get thin skinned when people point out stuff they *** up.

I refuse to play the game the way people want me to play it.

I've had linkshells in the past want me on WHM 24/7...I'm not doing that ***anymore. Just because you can play 18 jobs doesn't mean you should. My thing is to have 1 job from each type and that is it. 3 jobs you can contribute with.

My advice to anyone joining a ls is never become the WHM. The sole WHM that has to play it for every event no matter the difficulty.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-05-16 14:44:07  
So, Aiiiight(OP), did you get the answer you were looking for?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 14:55:58  
Kodaijin said: »
For the love of god I hope so!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-16 14:58:42  
Pretty sure this guy acknowledged the suggestions back on page 2 and probably made his own decision.
By fonewear 2018-05-16 14:59:29  
Odin.Drakenv said: »

Maybe if we get the page count to at least 10 it will help.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 15:07:14  
Odin.Drakenv said: »

Maybe if we get the page count to at least 10 it will help.
Valid point. Let’s! What do you think guys/gals should he go to Asura?
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-05-16 23:42:13  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Most of the time people asking for RMEA have no idea why they are asking for it, and don't even vet their party members to ensure they have it. I can't tell you how many times I joined as a "master 900 GEO" but my macros were all screwed up and was sitting at 890~ skill for the majority of the event. Nobody noticed. Or the times I joined as Rag DRK, but decided to purposely use an inferior Scythe because drain 3 MB was fun for 9999 HP, and we were steamrolling the Omen anyways. Those same people don't realize that you can literally lockstyle a non AG weapon (say Masamune 80) and use an Umaru, and they would think you're a "REMA SAM" just because your sword is purple. Truly clueless players.

Honestly, half of the idiots asking for RMEA don't know why they are asking, nor do they truly believe its required. They have just heard it shouted so often, they assume it's the standard for content.

the thing is there is nothing wrong with having some standards for ambuscade vol1 normal or any party for that matter, allthough a gimp with sparks gear is more dps then a trust (generally) . In my opinion you are just mad because you haven't collected the minimum requirement of 2100 job points (its not hard lol, ive done it on 3 jobs); Also, there is nothing wrong with how i want to play, if i want to screen and interview players that join my party or not. I put some effort into how I play the game so when I'm asking for 'veteran' players, I'm asking for players that know what there doing and not a thief 90% of the time(thieves often time feed too much tp unless you have a good accuracy/subtle mix and even then..).
If you have collected 2100 job points or collected rema its more likely that you have decent gear to compliment them and that is ideal for a ambuscade vol1 normal party and it is a statement that is my 'opinion' but, this is coming from a player that can play: THF BRD WHM(mains) PLD BLM DNC NIN(fairly geared)
and i have several alts that I can also play on COR WAR SAM RNG WHM NIN..
I am very experienced in the game and I can match up the appropriate level of content with player levels.
In conclusion it is really simple:
Choose one--
do ambuscade vol1 easy if your a novice to average player;
do ambuscade vol1 normal if you are a above average player;
If your tank is good enough for ambuscade vol1 normal he is going to want good melee or faster clears in easy. and thats why i generally do ambuscades later in the month because i get 2 minute queues instead of 30-45min.

thanks for reading
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-16 23:47:08  
I'm not even gonna reply to that babble the way I originally thought about doing, because that wall of text is pure dreck and utter rubbish. Not worth it.

I'll just respectfully bow out and defer to my Willy Wonka voice: GOOD DAY SIR!
[+]
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-05-16 23:51:03  
.Drakenv said: »
Valid point. Let’s! What do you think guys/gals should he go to Asura?

If he wants to; likewise he can probably just work on upgrading artifact/relic gear up to ilvl119+2 and have solid gear sets to work with. Personally, I wouldnt ever change servers from asura because I like it, Im meeting lots of players from other servers too So, I guess I recommend it. It seems to me that we have a lot of people that speak different languages here as well, the American community is immature in my opinion. I like to call them arrogant Americans (I am American too). Just ignore the haters, (haters gonna hate) and be yourself and do what you want to do while enjoying the game. This game is meant to not be done in one night.
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-05-16 23:52:25  
I'm not even gonna reply to that babble the way I originally thought about doing, because that wall of text is pure dreck and utter rubbish. Not worth it.

yeah i see how much effort you put into your posts, and I like how you think your so much better then I am.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-16 23:55:08  
If average players do V1E and Above Average do V1N

You do V2, that should say everything that needs to be said.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Igadget
By Lakshmi.Igadget 2018-05-17 00:04:38  
lolAsura
 Asura.Zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-05-17 00:06:00  
Asura.Zart said: »

well.. the problem with Asura is that people are judgemental and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

ambuscade is a huge part of the game right now in my opinion, so a lot of my opinion here is about ambuscade.

generally I have a casual social LS on asura (twisted fate) where i try to recruit players that want to progress and teach them ambuscade.

with ambuscade vol2 normal is really entry level content that anyone can try. However; the player base generally isn't satisfied doing vol2 normals anymore, (vol1 easy+ got a triple point&triple HP boost)
and I havent really done ambuscade this month so i cant say, most low ilvl novice players should start on vol2 normal to VD for instance and find people to play with.

now the problem with asura is that players will mock you even if your doing vol2 VD, even if you want to for you own reasons Myself, being someone that did pick up groups to get 250 BRD and THF cards on asura. Player quality can be kinda erratic, some people don't care and some people have elitist big head mentality.

The same thing applies for doing ambuscade vol 1. Sometimes I shout for vol1 normal ambuscade looking for players veteran ect.. and I get replies (when i shout for vol1 normal I look for players that are either mastered or they have a mythic/relic/empyrean/aeonic (rema)) and, being a BRD THF WHM that is mastered (and i have twashtar, ghorn, daurdabula and good gears on whm)

Players will send me a reply and be judgemental about what I'm asking for on vol1 normal content, but really your leveling is not finished at level 99 anymore. You need to get mastered to progress the game, (and it basically increases your level past 99)

I dont think thats asking too much for vol1 normal, vol1 easy however can probably be done once you get a few gear sets from ambuscade (fully upgraded) and some ambuscade capes, but again optimum gear sets is best, (as well as being mastered it adds a ton to your accuracy ect..).

so my advice to you if you come to Asura. Realize that your going to get some people sending you a tell sometimes to tell you how to run your party and, its ok to think that they are idiots. (i made a lol?)

My other advice to you, would be to work on getting all the vagary clears Linkshell together, I think its only a matter of time til they make the 119empyrean gear reforged up to +3, and the +1 empyreans gears will be good in niches to help you run ambuscade and collect ambuscade gear for instance. The ambuscade gear quality is a lot better and more easy to obtain then JSE armor and ambuscade also has rings and multiple purpose capes to help your accuracy and other stats.

good luck.

reposting my post, because you quoted me mid edit. Whatever your losing one of the best WHM and BRDs in the game and you act like i need you so much. Like what will I ever do without you, Im losing someone that hates me (lol). Im done but, I also won.
so haters gonna hate
too easy

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-05-17 02:06:45  

Is he trolling?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7