StatueStatus Tracking Dynamis Statue Color

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » StatueStatus tracking Dynamis statue color
StatueStatus tracking Dynamis statue color
By Sammeh 2018-05-07 07:10:08  
I wrote an addon for tracking statue status color.

URL here; https://github.com/SammehFFXI/FFXIAddons/tree/master/StatueStatus

This addon displays a TXT box window of statues as you target them to help show color. This will help identify, especially as mobs are facing the other direction, what color their eyes are.

Working as well on an Aurix(Statue) tracker with it. False positives are occurring I haven't had enough time in Dynamis to debug.

The way this works:
Every statue that comes into your memory will be registered in a table.
* All normal statues rotate between Black -> Blue -> Black -> Green (loop).
* Red/Boss statues rotate between Black -> Red
* Aurix statue simply doesn't rotate and stays Black.
I haven't found a way (I don't think it exists, but throwing out there as a possibility) to uniquely identify Aurix other than the absense of it being red/blue/green. So if a mob comes into range(50ish yalms) and it is in its transition to black period , the plugin will incorrectly identify it as Aurix - however as it sees an update to red/blue/green it will track it correctly. This transition is generally going to occur before you 'notice' it being that far away and fighting other mobs etc. However, depending on your speed / etc, you may get some quick false positives at the furthest distances out.

To help mitigate the distance/transition period etc, I make sure that I've seen a mob for at least 15 seconds and is within 30 yalms before a new TXT box will pop up suggesting Aurix has been found, and give a directional / yalm to his statue.

A couple notes:
* Please note this is a WIP and hard to debug due to 3 day dev cycles where you get an hour-90 minutes in a zone that I'd rather "play" than debug.
* If Aurix runs away, it's unknown if a mob you've already tracked with a color change simply stops rotating, or if a new index pops up etc. Because of this, after Aurix has run away, it may be wise to reload the addon (it'd be easy to program this in, just haven't done so).
* Trying to think of ways to help mitigate 'false positives'
* probably more I'm forgetting.

I appreciate feedback/testing/debugging.... it's such a rough cycle to play with this especially when its mostly there.

Quick video here (notice the little txt box in mid/upper right corner w/ color:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-07 11:20:15  
Very cool. :D

As far as eliminating false positives, I think that they all shift at the same time at regular intervals so maybe you can track the timestamp of a known shift and tag any blank statue as Aurix if it's blank in-between the shifts?
 Asura.Kaotik
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-05-07 12:04:15  
Good stuff, it should be fairly simple to run a check for Aurix. I haven't had a chance to look through the addon, but you should be able to just put in a for loop that runs through the table containing all of your mob data. An if statement to identify the black eyed statues (the only ones we care about), followed by a pause (whatever max duration it can be black eyed for, I'm not sure off the top of my head), and then just run another check to determine its status. If it is still black eyed it would be Aurix and you can go from there to determine its position.

It would probably be best to set this up as an addon command, if there's a pause involved you wouldn't want it to happen continuously or it would get bogged up.
By Sammeh 2018-05-07 12:09:03  
Thought about tracking the # of iterations I've seen of that index, then only report if I've seen 2-3 iterations of the incoming mob update status packet.