BRD TP & Mordant Rime WS Setups?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD TP & Mordant Rime WS setups?
BRD TP & Mordant Rime WS setups?
By KyLouie16 2018-04-29 13:24:30  
So my brd has all the instruments, and I just got 75 carn the other day. About 6 months back I ran an ambuscade with an extremely decked out bard that surprisingly was putting out some very decent damage numbers.

I was curious what people were using these days as equipment sets for TP and Mordant Rime. I'm not sure of the guides I looked through like "you spoony" or "military parade" are still optimal or not.

I plan on getting aeneas for offhand, but what are the best pieces of equipment to use for tp set? Also when I was looking at the "military parade" guide pertaining to mordant rime the setup was using a lot of str and attack. I thought that mordant rime had a 70% CHR and 30% DEX modifiers? Is using STR a more viable option because it increases your attack?

To conclude if anyone that responds, if you could possibly post optimal equipment sets or describe the general stats to aim for with mordant rime I would greatly appreciate it. I know what to type of things to try to obtain for my tp set (double attack, STP, etc.) but i'm a little confused as how to optimize mordant rime.

Thanks everyone!

Tayana/Asura
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-04-29 13:35:13  
This post is pending moderation.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-04-29 16:45:50  
KyLouie16 said: »
I was curious what people were using these days as equipment sets for TP and Mordant Rime. I'm not sure of the guides I looked through like "you spoony" or "military parade" are still optimal or not.
I recall Sechs talking about TP and Mordant Rime sets in the last 2 or 3 pages of the Military Parade guide not long ago.

I plan on getting aeneas for offhand
Please, don't...

Also when I was looking at the "military parade" guide pertaining to mordant rime the setup was using a lot of str and attack. I thought that mordant rime had a 70% CHR and 30% DEX modifiers? Is using STR a more viable option because it increases your attack?
Maybe. That's why people use spreadsheets. Just keep in your mind that BRD is very, very attack starved.

describe the general stats to aim for with mordant rime I would greatly appreciate it. I know what to type of things to try to obtain for my tp set (double attack, STP, etc.) but i'm a little confused as how to optimize mordant rime.
Mordant Rime has a fixed fTP of 5.0, it's a 2-hits and TP doesn't mirror. In theory, the best way to gear it would be stacking CHR, WSD+ and DEX. Multihits don't make many a difference but aren't totally irrelevant.

However, I think the best way to optimize Mordant Rime is using Rudra's Storm instead. Because MR has a few problems:

1) BRD lacks pieces that have CHR (a very awkward modifier for physical WSs), accuracy and to a lesser extent attack. Sometime ago I tried to put a MR set and I was forced to make lots of concessions just to reach close to my TP set's accuracy.

2) Ayanmo pieces have abundant DEX and accuracy, they are amazing for both TPing and RS. And RS is brokenly powerful, especially with Aeneas on main hand.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-29 17:18:23  
I plan on getting aeneas for offhand
Don't, Aeneas is an awful offhand.
It's an excellent mainhand though.
In the majority of situations mainhanding Aeneas will produce better results than mainhanding Carnwenhan, sad but true.
Carns still holds an edge for those few situations where you can exploit AM3.
Keep in mind that with AM3 up, to maximize the efficiency, you need a different TP set compared to what you'd use with AM3 down or with Aeneas.

Concerning your Mordant Rime gearing questions, you can probably find some answer in the last page of the Military Parade thread.
I posted some report there about optimal gear for Mordant Rime.
Yes, attack definitely matters whenever you're far from being attack capped.

For your TP options it kinda depends how much you want to optimize your gear. If you don't wanna bother with optimizations that will require a lot of effort and produce minimal results, just go with Ayanmo+2, can't go wrong with that.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-29 17:22:16  
Also Alex kinda nailed it on Mordant.
You can build up several powerful Mordant Rime setups focusing on CHR, but you gonna miss the required Accuracy alas.
The main two sets for this are AF+3 and Relic+3.
The former has no acc at all except for the set bonus.
The latter has acc, but it's not as high as other pieces (see Ayanmo for instance)

You can mix and match of course, which is what I suggest in the already mentioned thread on the current last page of the Military Parade thread.

Relic Body +3, of course, is a winner for kinda any WS no matter which, atm. The stats are just way too good for a WS.

Also, the Volte set dropping in Bastok, surprisingly enough, has several interesting options for BRD, both for TP and WS.
Again, I explore some of the possibilities in the same post I already mentioned.
Good luck getting those pieces for BRD though. Kinda on the same boat as Ashera Harness (which is another pretty awesome piece for BRD)
By KyLouie16 2018-04-29 17:44:19  
Thank you so much for the replies everyone!

I'm a blu main with tizona/almace, and I'm very familiar with optimizing tp sets to acommodate AM3 before/after.

I was thinking of aeneas offhand because of the stp and tp bonus features (also the higher skill stats). If not aeneas what is an optimal offhand option when mainhanding carn, thwashtar?

I had read in the military parade guide that mordant rime wasn't all that powerful of a choice versus rudras storm, but with a fully upgrade carn it was a different story. Would a more optimal strategy be to mainhand carn and us mordant for achieving AM3 then swapping to rudras spam? I do something exactly the same on blu where I get AM3 from tizona then cdc spam.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-04-29 18:08:52  
If not aeneas what is an optimal offhand option when mainhanding carn, thwashtar?
Taming Sari is an excellent offhand, even without perfect augs.
If you want something fast there's Terniong Dagger +1.
Twashtar is a fantastic offhand, but I think it shines more with Aeneas mh, spamming Rudra.

Quote:
I had read in the military parade guide that mordant rime wasn't all that powerful of a choice versus rudras storm, but with a fully upgrade carn it was a different story.
That's how things used to be, but they changed a lot.
Mostly because Aeneas now exists and because new gear (favoring Rudra more than Mordant) got released.

Carn with AM3 is still a beast. Thing is, in the majority of situation the amount of DPS you lose by farming TP up to 3k (necessary for AM3) is more than the DPS you gain by riding on AM3 for 180 seconds.

It pains me wholeheartedly to say so because I'm totally biased for Carns, but in the majority of situations going for AM3 is just not efficient, and Mainhanding Aeneas and spamming Rudra will produce better results.
There are of course a handful of exceptions, and on those Carn still shines.
I play BRD a lot and honestly it doesn't happen very frequently, alas.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-04-29 18:41:26  
CdC is very different from RS or MR. CdC benefits greatly from Mythic AM3 because of its TP mirroring property. Neither MR or RS do the same.

Also, aeonic's TP Bonus only works on main hand and it's ridiculous for RS due to its steep TP scaling before 2000 TP. For Rudra's spam, the only Carn's advantage is its increased TP gain.

I like Blurred Dagger +1 for Aeneas' offhand. But I can't say if it's better than other options.
[+]
By KyLouie16 2018-05-11 02:04:19  
I'm curious on equipment sets for rudras storm if anyone has any recommendations about stat priority or equipment suggestions.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-05-11 05:50:49  
DEX and WSD+.

Ayanmo +2 pieces and Jokushu Haidate have massive DEX. Bihu body +3 has WSD +10%. Lustratio +1 pieces can be used too, with DEX augments and taking advantage of the set bonus. Bihu +3 pieces have lots of attack, something BRD lacks a lot. DON'T use Fotia gorget/belt. Make a Linos with DEX +8 and WSD +3% augments.
[+]