フォーラム » FFXI » General » Character of 15 years stuck #savekleyman
Character of 15 years stuck #savekleyman
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 08:45:03  
GMs do have the ability to straight reset mission progress. They have historically done it. Don't ask me to find 13 year old threads showing it.

He would just have to repeat the fight. bfd.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-12 08:45:51  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
GMs do have the ability to straight reset mission progress. They have historically done it. Don't ask me to find 13 year old threads showing it.

He would just have to repeat the fight. bfd.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-12 08:47:14  
Quote:
Wait, a GM said they could reset a missions state? I've been trying to get a mission state reset on the Light bringer mission since November of 2013, and the GMs told me that only the dev team can do that, and they haven't touched my ticket yet, to this day, that the GMs can tell me.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/126562-FFXI-3202-Error

September 2015, so this guy spent almost 2 years unable to get a mission reset.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 08:47:28  
Light the batsignal for that guy that thinks he used to be a GM, or post the GM manual "leak".
 Sylph.Kleymann
サーバ: Sylph
user: kleyman71
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-12 08:51:36  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Been over this already, GMs are refusing to reset him. The obvious reason is that he is in a cutscene and their manual forbids them pulling someone out of a cutscene to prevent issues like this happening.

He needs assistance from someone high enough up to be able to identify and correct any flags on the server so he can process through CoP as intended after being removed.

I will agree this thread is pointless, as the only possible non-SE solution was posted on page 1 and is largely inaccessible. However, we haven't gone 5 posts without some retard who thinks they're cool for knowing windower plugins and tako suggesting they'll fix it. They won't.

Yup. Honestly i appreciate all the suggestions by everyone regardless of being pointless. I also appreciate the support i have gotten by people likeing/sharing my ffxi forum post and tweets in what is likely a futile attempt to gain SE attention for myself and now 5 others in the same situation, (which was the purpose of this thread if you read op.). But in agreement with comeatmebro, this has served its purpose, i have gained many new allies to continue working through this issue by other means - at this point the thread serves no real purpose other than entertainment. Again i thank the helpful people, the suggestions, the community as a whole, even the people throwing out rude comments - i find them ammusing anyway.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 08:52:56  
Trumpy;6515042 said:
anyways one gm said they could reset the mission for him.
So just be persistant and keep sending in them calls. alot of the days my friend got no responses at all.

Like all customer support. What they CAN do, vs what they WILL do is 100% subjective and based solely on laziness.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-12 08:59:07  
They said they could within 3 days(sounds an awful lot like the timeframe it would take to escalate to a superior.. not like clicking a couple things they can do themself) and we never heard back. I was unable to find any evidence of a GM actually resetting a mission line, that's the only thread that seemed relevant.

You're just speculating because you don't want to believe this guy is actually stuck, even though more and more reports of similar circumstances are popping up. I'm not going to say that I'm 100% confident a GM couldn't fix it, but the logic is sound from the point of view of someone who understands how these things work.

It's very unlikely that a barely over minimum wage call center employee has access to flags that require understanding of the code to apply correctly. Mission lines are not quite as simple as you seem to think, and minimum wage employees can barely get your drive through order right most of the time.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-12 09:00:25  
Nice backpedal

Guy needs to call the GMs, period. Nothing we do or say will change his circumstance. /thread

9 Pages of this ***, enough is enough
By Staleyx 2018-04-12 09:37:33  
Where exactly does the character go during a cutscene?
By Tarage 2018-04-12 20:46:19  
https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Sylph/Kleyman

Is this your character? because if so, just *** start over.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-12 21:27:33  
Tarage said: »

Great tip, didnt think of that. Stats arent correct, and being a "grown up" its taken me forever to get where i was.
By Tarage 2018-04-12 23:04:27  
Sylph.Kleymann said: »

Great tip, didnt think of that. Stats arent correct, and being a "grown up" its taken me forever to get where i was.

It's adorable that you think I'm not a "grown up" as well. Hell, I'm buying a house soon. The point is you've been given multiple solutions and you've rejected them, so at this point either start over or stop bitching. Your choice.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2018-04-13 00:09:23  
But have you tried unplugging the modem power cord for 30 seconds yet?
[+]
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-13 05:11:20  
Staleyx said: »
But have you tried unplugging the modem power cord for 30 seconds yet?

With comments like the one above you i dont know if your jokeing....
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-13 06:35:44  

It's adorable that you think I'm not a "grown up" as well. Hell, I'm buying a house soon. The point is you've been given multiple solutions and you've rejected them, so at this point either start over or stop bitching. Your choice.

In all seriousness tarage, congrats on the house - that can be a real challenge in this age depending what country/city you are in. And i get where you are coming from - yes i have started lving up - yes its easy now. But all the story stuff, dynamis farming and other junk i had done which may not seem like a lot to most players,
but for my avaible play time on and off over the years its a lot to me and i really dont want to have to do again, especially in this age of the game if the company i pay for it will fix it.
By kishr 2018-04-13 06:39:19  
When did this character get stuck and did you play for 15yr straight?
If so why you on a cop mission?
How is a lv 78 a 15yr old character?
Can get like a lv 99 in a day if you tried.
How is this a 15 y/o character?
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-13 06:55:20  
kishr said: »
When did this character get stuck and did you play for 15yr straight?
If so why you on a cop mission?
How is a lv 78 a 15yr old character?
Can get like a lv 99 in a day if you tried.
How is this a 15 y/o character?

No i have not played streight since about 2008/9, been, on and off depending school, family, switching back and forth from xiv, etc... Also pre abysea i spent a lot of time helping others get to end game and then running limbus/dynamis shells, rather than working on my own. I am 99, progress from 2016 on isnt showing? And i am trying catch back up with new char, but im afraid with the amount of time i can play, the freakin game will shut down before i catch up on content which was my current primary focus. You may think its silly, but there is a huge nostalgia factor with this character too.
By kishr 2018-04-13 06:58:16  
"Is this your character? because if so, just *** start over."

Couldn't agree more with this guy.
This is a fail thread.
15y/o character isn't lv 78 and on cop.
This smelt like bs from the start.
I used to /yell there's a religious {Dhamel} rapist in {western althea desert}, for a hour 1 night, wound up in jail fast.
They told me to cut the shtt and warped me to hp.
So this is all a bs thread.
So apologize to all the people that tried hard to help you under false pretenses.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-13 07:03:40  
kishr said: »
"Is this your character? because if so, just *** start over."

Couldn't agree more with this guy.
This is a fail thread.
15y/o character isn't lv 78 and on cop.
This smelt like bs from the start.
I used to /yell there's a religious {Duhamel} rapist in {western althea desert}, for a hour 1 night, wound up in jail fast.
They told me to cut the shtt and warped me to hp.
So this is all a bs thread.
So apologize to all the people that tried hard to help you under false pretenses.

Did you look at official ffxi forum before this statment?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-13 07:19:57  
Candlejack said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Nice backpedal

Guy needs to call the GMs, period. Nothing we do or say will change his circumstance. /thread

9 Pages of this ***, enough is enough
*** YOU TOO, BUDDY! THIS IS GOING ON STRAIGHT TILL PAGE 20, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!

Lol - yes please let this thread die. Thanks for help/entertaiment. For the non-beleivers please take 5 seconds to check ffxi official forum to:
1. See that the issue is very real and im not the only one. And
2. That i am indeed not lv 78. And ffxiah data is incorect.

And for bonus points check "comeatmebro"s comments to understand the solution you are likely thinking will not and has not worked.

This is my last reply on this thread.
[+]
By kishr 2018-04-13 07:26:02  
Before you leave the thread change the title to helping a endangered animal or something so it won't end up being pointless after all.
By kishr 2018-04-13 07:32:18  
im afraid the freakin game will shut down

If your "afraid" of a video game shutting down, seek therapy not a gm.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-13 22:39:05  
So this is either some meta-level troll ***right here.

Or there is actually something *** up. ANOTHER person posted they got stuck in a Cutscene on the OF.

That's 5 now?
By Staleyx 2018-04-14 01:15:25  
So yea this dude is stuck af. Taco does nothing. The only thing he can do is send tells. Only other idea I had for him was to maybe try deleting the dat for the cutscene lol. idk man might have to start over. If you did wouldnt take long to get back where you were.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-04-14 02:15:06  
Fwiw, the appropriate menu response is a 5b with the "choices" 0d out.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11