フォーラム » FFXI » General » Need 2 more mog wardrobe
Need 2 more mog wardrobe
First Page 2
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-02 11:48:32  
I’m full geared in all 4 and satchels sack. I want to gear RUN since getting epo after idris. I’ll do a dumb quest for them SE gods hear me!!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2018-04-02 13:38:24  
Facts
By Bergan 2018-04-02 14:23:39  
What they need to do is make things like REMA, any abjuration gear storable with the porter moogle. You can store artifact weapons, but not Idris, Gjallarhorn, Verethragna, etc. Or storing your Shura set is cool, but not Rao or Amalric.. I guess there’d have to be limits on how many pieces of the 99/ilvl 119 gear that would be able to be stored, but it would still help out with inventory issues.
 Asura.Ivlilla
サーバ: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-04-02 14:26:53  
Bergan said: »
What they need to do is make things like REMA, any abjuration gear storable with the porter moogle. You can store artifact weapons, but not Idris, Gjallarhorn, Verethragna, etc. Or storing your Shura set is cool, but not Rao or Amalric.. I guess there’d have to be limits on how many pieces of the 99/ilvl 119 gear that would be able to be stored, but it would still help out with inventory issues.

IIRC, you cannot store anything with augments. 'Base' items only hold the static values of items, while augments are dynamic values and exist on the specific instance of the object. By storing only "this is item #whatever", it saves space, since, iirc, what items are saved on the actual slips themselves are stored as 'hidden' not-quite-augment data on the slips.

[edit]This is also the reason that you can only store so many items on a slip: there's a finite amount of data they can cram into that part dynamic part of an instance of an item. iirc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2018-04-02 14:28:59  
Candlejack said: »
Didn't SE give us two more Wardrobes not long ago? Seriously, mate. Spend the extra $4, it's worth it.

All four of mine are filled, and stuff is spilling out into my inventory.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-02 14:31:20  
Candlejack said: »
Didn't SE give us two more Wardrobes not long ago? Seriously, mate. Spend the extra $4, it's worth it.
Oh I did in all 4 main accounts I need 2 more so I’ll have 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-04-02 14:43:47  
Everyone has this problem. You will have to join the 79/80 crew and decide which one of your capacity rings, random meds, or ammo you will toss whenever you need extra space.

Honestly you should organize your gear like this:

Most frequently played jobs, ambu capes, really high end gear: Mog Wardrobe 1-4
Items that span across multiple jobs - inventory
Quick access gear you will need if you change jobs: Case, Sack, Satchel
auxiliary ***you rarely play as (like DRG, MNK, PUP, etc) - Can put anywhere
***you never use but wont toss - Storage
Ambu gear you aren't actively using on your main jobs - to porter moogles

Might take you a few trips to the porter and moving stuff around, but it will improve how many times you have to move stuff around. I'm still capped at 79/80 most of the time, but at least I can swap jobs and pretty much be 100% geared right away.

If you're gonna play RUN, I'd prioritize those items over something like war or drk.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-02 15:01:49  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Everyone has this problem. You will have to join the 79/80 crew and decide which one of your capacity rings, random meds, or ammo you will toss whenever you need extra space.

Honestly you should organize your gear like this:

Most frequently played jobs, ambu capes, really high end gear: Mog Wardrobe 1-4
Items that span across multiple jobs - inventory
Quick access gear you will need if you change jobs: Case, Sack, Satchel
auxiliary ***you rarely play as (like DRG, MNK, PUP, etc) - Can put anywhere
***you never use but wont toss - Storage
Ambu gear you aren't actively using on your main jobs - to porter moogles

Might take you a few trips to the porter and moving stuff around, but it will improve how many times you have to move stuff around. I'm still capped at 79/80 most of the time, but at least I can swap jobs and pretty much be 100% geared right away.

If you're gonna play RUN, I'd prioritize those items over something like war or drk.
I like being qqdrk ; ;
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-04-02 15:46:11  
I don't see why SE doesn't add more wardrobes. It is a landmine of more money for them. Everyone I talk to in game seems to have bought the 3, 4 wardrobes; SE stands to only make more gil off of it if they would grant more wardrobes.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-02 15:48:12  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
I don't see why SE doesn't add more wardrobes. It is a landmine of more money for them. Everyone I talk to in game seems to have bought the 3, 4 wardrobes; SE stands to only make more gil off of it if they would grant more wardrobes.
Yes then I can put more gears in my wardrobes
By Sidiov 2018-04-02 15:57:42  
with ps2 limitations gone, they should look into expanding each storage to 99 cap rather than 80, imo i'd be happier about that than more wardrobes.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-02 15:59:02  
Sidiov said: »
with ps2 limitations gone, they should look into expanding each storage to 99 cap rather than 80, imo i'd be happier about that than more wardrobes.
THE WARDROBES Speak to meeeee tho.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-04-02 15:59:40  
I'm literally at a point where I can't even play certain jobs due to a lack of inventory space.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-02 16:00:21  
I'm literally at a point where I can't even play certain jobs due to a lack of inventory space.
The truth you speak!
By Sidiov 2018-04-02 16:03:55  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
+19 to each slot would be 95 use-able items and 133 more in unreachable storage. Plus with the required data type change, I bet it would make the whole inv loading more efficient, becuase if they add 2 more wardrobes, itll take 45 mins to load your gear on each zone...
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-04-02 16:03:59  
I'd happily pay $2 more for 2 more wardrobes.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-02 16:05:30  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
+19 to each slot would be 95 use-able items and 133 more in unreachable storage. Plus with the required data type change, I bet it would make the whole inv loading more efficient, becuase if they add 2 more wardrobes, itll take 45 mins to load your gear on each zone...
Too bad my load times are...10 seconds top ;o Japan 4 ever
By Justuas 2018-04-02 16:33:37  
They need to make Empy armor upgrade items, af armor cards and relic armor shards and void-items storable
By Nyarlko 2018-04-02 16:53:32  

Go slap whoever told you PS2 limitations were gone, because they are dirty liars. >:O

They just recently reminded us that there is no more dataspace for new wardrobes, that slips can not be used to store anything w/ variable data (non-single-state augments, limited charge enchantments, etc.), and the exact value for how many items each Slip is able to store (which I've forgotten already. <_<)

I want to know why they are so averse to adding an NPC to remove augments from Eschan/Reisenjima gear, then adding slips for them. It's not like we're asking to recurse them for resale. :/
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-04-02 17:55:52  
Nyarlko said: »

Go slap whoever told you PS2 limitations were gone, because they are dirty liars. >:O

They just recently reminded us that there is no more dataspace for new wardrobes, that slips can not be used to store anything w/ variable data (non-single-state augments, limited charge enchantments, etc.), and the exact value for how many items each Slip is able to store (which I've forgotten already. <_<)

I want to know why they are so averse to adding an NPC to remove augments from Eschan/Reisenjima gear, then adding slips for them. It's not like we're asking to recurse them for resale. :/

When did they say there is mo more space for wardrobe 5?
By fonewear 2018-04-02 19:51:08  

I actually kinda like it don't have to get job points on 20 jobs.
By fonewear 2018-04-02 19:54:25  
Nyarlko said: »

I don't buy that for one second. Mog wardrobes are low on their priority list. Just like fixing monk etc etc.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-02 21:04:07  
There is space for dozens of wardrobes, but their packet system is terrible and it already takes an eternity to load everything upon zoning. Without some significant overhauling, which they won't do, they're probably hesitant to keep adding more wardrobes.

There's no reason a single developer couldn't create a NPC that could store damn near everything including augment data in under a week, but they are full of incompetent people and likely don't even have staff dedicated to xi fulltime.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-03 03:39:01  
I'm normally going off of what gets said on JPside of OF by the dev team. You are welcome to believe what you want as far as what they can do, but the people actually working on the game have been rather open about what they can't do and I'm more inclined to believe the people who have access to the code. ^^;;

What I remember was a correction/clarification made after Fujito said during the Dengeki event last year before Divergence was announced that the inventory system was broken. His correction was along the lines of he meant that the current inventory was currently fine, but adding more would break it. I only remember this because I remember watching them drinking booze during that broadcast and I personally placed the blame for the verbal goof on that, (but my memory is not something that should be heavily relied upon.) If you want to argue against this, then look up the Dengeki event coverage from last summer.

Inventory issues are also apparently somewhat high on their priority list as they reported to players that they'd been discussing it regularly in their meetings due to the extra strain that Divergence mats were adding to our already overfull bugs.. Which felt odd to be reporting, and ended up with the removal of the Ex tag so that we can save our bag space by using bazaars to move them to someone else's bag space. XD
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-03 04:24:04  
They are so full of ***when it comes to inventory. They purposely make excessive amounts of specific items constantly. There's no reason we needed 110 shards and 110 voids.

and make no mistake, they will do the same damn thing with Empyrean+3 another 110 "this job seal +2"

And, I'd be willing to bet there are hundreds of people who would gladly work on coding solutions for square for free to improve the game and/or be totally fine with paying for additional help and/or be fine with the game shutting down for a week(*) while they upgrade some really needed code/programming.

They also didnt need to add Abdahjs Fibers, when we already had metals. Or tokens when they already had vouchers. Or 3 different ancient currencies. or 60 different leaf/snow/dusk orb/slit/tip augment stones. or 3 different resienjima augment stones. or 3 different PBR items. or 22 different omen cards. or an entire copypasted set of fish with different names and the same purpose. or two thousand different augments on armor when everyone wants the same damn augments.

Imagine if there was 3 different alexandrites. Or 2 different HP baylds.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-03 07:19:45  
It's so true. Making Ambu capes not JSE would have helped more players than their half-hearted adjustment to Divergence drops.
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-04-03 11:54:44  
+1000
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They are so full of ***when it comes to inventory. They purposely make excessive amounts of specific items constantly. There's no reason we needed 110 shards and 110 voids.

and make no mistake, they will do the same damn thing with Empyrean+3 another 110 "this job seal +2"

And, I'd be willing to bet there are hundreds of people who would gladly work on coding solutions for square for free to improve the game and/or be totally fine with paying for additional help and/or be fine with the game shutting down for a week(*) while they upgrade some really needed code/programming.

They also didnt need to add Abdahjs Fibers, when we already had metals. Or tokens when they already had vouchers. Or 3 different ancient currencies. or 60 different leaf/snow/dusk orb/slit/tip augment stones. or 3 different resienjima augment stones. or 3 different PBR items. or 22 different omen cards. or an entire copypasted set of fish with different names and the same purpose. or two thousand different augments on armor when everyone wants the same damn augments.

So true...

They should give us the possibility to merge the Ambu Cape once they are complete. Honestly, I should have minimum 3 capes per master jobs, 6 masters jobs, that's more than 18 slots only for ambu capes. And I do believe my case is far from being close to the hardcore gamers speaking here...

I'm at a point where I can't work on another job as I have no room for it.

Give us wardrobe 5 & 6, make it possible to merge some gears (what's the point to have 4 pairs of herculean gloves or whatever ?)

Do something. Fix it.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-03 18:12:25  
Valefor.Gorns said: »
+1000

So true...

They should give us the possibility to merge the Ambu Cape once they are complete. Honestly, I should have minimum 3 capes per master jobs, 6 masters jobs, that's more than 18 slots only for ambu capes. And I do believe my case is far from being close to the hardcore gamers speaking here...

I'm at a point where I can't work on another job as I have no room for it.

Give us wardrobe 5 & 6, make it possible to merge some gears (what's the point to have 4 pairs of herculean gloves or whatever ?)

Do something. Fix it.
@ Eiryl:
They did have to add fibers. The alternative would have been to rewrite that frickin Taru NPC, which would've been a prohibitive amount of work to get done in a timely manner. Same thing with tokens/vouchers. Same reason why it took them two years to fix the augment UI. Would you have preferred to not have the option of receiving or upgrading the 2nd batch of sets for two years while they changed the NPC and related items? Not being facetious, the devs did say that they couldn't just change/alter things and would have to rewrite the NPC from scratch, which would take as much work as creating a new battle content..
------------
@Gorns:
There'd be no way to "merge" Ambuscade capes or other variable augment gear and it sounds rather absurd to ask for it seriously. :/ Using your example, those 4x herc gloves could be used for TP, WS, Differnt WS, FC, MAB, Waltz+, Refresh+, pet stats, etc... Each use case is different enough that each of those 4x herc gloves might as well have different names.

Personally, I'm in full favor of adding a blank-except-Defense All Jobs version Ambuscade cape tho. A large portion of what we build are actually ignoring the base stats entirely, with frequent overlap between jobs. Would it hurt to lose MBD+5/ManaWall+10 from my BLM's freenuke cape? No. Not really. But would I use a INT+30/MAcc+20/MDmg+20/MAB+10 cape for more than just BLM? I've got that exact build for BLM/GEO/BLU/THF right now. I'm guessing that most WS capes have exactly the same augs. Look thru your wardrobes and check for how many duplicates you have that could provide an extra inv+1 if you were able to replace them with an All Jobs version.. Then ask for it loudly on OF on JPside in Japanese if you want it to actually happen. ^^;;
By fonewear 2018-04-03 18:46:12  

It's all part of their plan. Add more stuff to fill up your inventory make more mog wardrobe add more stuff...till we are up to mog wardrobe 23.
First Page 2