Unmerc'ing Asura - Do You Need Help?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Unmerc'ing Asura - Do you need help?
Unmerc'ing Asura - Do you need help?
First Page 2 3 4
By Nyarlko 2018-03-24 11:24:23  
Are you a returnee in non-119 gear who has no idea how to get past sparks gear?
Are you an actually new player who has no idea what you should even be aiming for past sparks gear? (Or what that little upside white triangle means on some ilvl gear?) I can help!

I've been offering the following as "welcome gifts" for my new ls members for a long time, but always felt a lil' bad that I couldn't snatch up every stray newbie/returnee that popped up in chat. :(

I'm also one of those irritated at the proliferation of mercenary services at the cost of actual group-play for those still at the lower tiers of endgame content.

So, simple idea. I am now an unmerc. I run a BST+BLM dualbox team, which can smash faces rather well. I can carry 2x cheerleaders at a time, so you will get vorseal unlocks along the way. I am offering this service not for those who are already established, but for those who actually need help. I'd also really appreciate it if trolling be kept to a minimum, since I am trying to do something good here. ^^;;

Prices for my services are as follows:

Escha - Zi'tah T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
Escha - Zi'tah T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil

Escha - Ru'aun T1: my pops, your drops = 0gil
Escha - Ru'aun T2: your pops, your drops = 0gil (We will also need to catch one of our ls tanks in a benevolent mood to be sure of safe/speedy kills for some of them due to the adds. ^^;; )

TBH, I probably won't complain if someone (who's not struggling with gil) wants to help cover the cost of T1 pops, but those are only 6k/EZ and 10k/ER, and I really won't be happy with being offered more than that.
This is intended to be a non-profit operation.

As long as I'm prepped with KIs before starting, can do ~20x EZ T1 per radialens, so you should even have a decent shot at getting gear that you are looking for. ^^

I am not rich. I could definitely use more gil in general. I just don't care enough about gil to not-help other players who actually need help. Bring on the salt mercs. >:3

I will try to keep an eye on this thread, will crosspost it to bgwiki forums, but your best bet is probably to catch me ingame. You can find me on one of my myriad characters, find a member of my linkshell FaceDesk who can let me know, grab a pearl for FaceDesk from one of the 3 city concierges, etc. (You're welcome to keep the pearl too if you are looking for a social/help ls. ^^ We welcome all.)

The many me's: Nyarlko, Cthuko, Mirajayn, Mikudayo, Hoardingmule, Naru, Ghutatan.
Cthuuko, Shantakun, Pettanko, Rorymercury, Mahirosan, Hasturkun, Klptzyxm.
If you can't find one, you can usually find another. ^^
[+]
 Siren.Demetreos
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2018-03-24 11:36:55  
[+]
 Leviathan.Cumincustard
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Cumincustard 2018-03-24 12:22:16  
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-24 12:33:32  
Not looking to derail, especially since Fenrir does not have a large population, of mercenaries or otherwise, but if there is anyone on Fenrir that needs help with Zitah or Ru'Aun T1's...
I don't have mules, but I have a well-geared tank and hybrid DD RUN/ Idris GEO/ every Trust which makes killing any of that weaker stuff quite easy.
I could carry one cheerleader in need, maybe two depending upon their jobs. I just ask you come prepared with your own pops.
[+]
 Asura.Psyn
サーバ: Asura
user: Delagyela
By Asura.Psyn 2018-03-24 13:11:53  
If at all possible I would like to jpin your ls and join the efforts of unmercing asura, I dont play much anymore but i will do what i can. lets unmerc reisenjima together.
[+]
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-03-24 13:41:09  
If this gains traction and you ever need help feel free to let me know. I have a master/mythic bst that would probably pair well with you. I also have nirvana smn or geo. And I have a Cor 2box that only has pet rolls.

I generally just piddle around and may get back into events at some point but for now doing something like this would be a welcome change to another 100 mortas.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-03-24 14:48:02  
I'm parking Cthuuko outside Port Sandy MH, while playing on Nyarlko.. so send Nya a tell and I'll dole out pearls w/ Cthu. :3
[+]
By flyingsquirrel 2018-03-24 19:22:34  
I'm a pretty decently geared pup that would love to help you out. I can probably tank most anything, I just don't have much experience in escha almost entirely.
By Nyarlko 2018-03-25 02:08:56  
After the exceedingly rare event of myself getting into a shout group for an event ls, (rare because I rarely reply to shouts,) and spending all night in Reisenjima, I've decided the best method to ensure that no one gets lost in the chatlog spam is for any and all who are interested in this (whether you need help, or wish to be a helper,) to grab a pearl for FaceDesk from one of the Linkshell Concierge NPCs in Bastok/San d'Oria/Windurst. It'll be a bit easier to get things set up thru linkshell than random tells.

There is no obligation to remain in the LS for any extended period of time, I won't hold it against you if you drop your pearl for any reason, but you are also welcome to stick around if you like us. ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Reshi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kael
By Lakshmi.Reshi 2018-04-10 15:45:11  
Is this still going on? Just came back from a break and I could use some help with escha stuff ^_^
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-04-10 16:40:19  
:O!
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-10 18:49:15  
If you need some help with the NMs or higher tier ones let me know I can help out when I'm not busy at all.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-11 05:28:03  
Just wondering why Reisen T1 aren't covered?
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-04-13 11:17:47  
Asura.Murisia said: »
If you need some help with the NMs or higher tier ones let me know I can help out when I'm not busy at all.
This
Me too

There are so many helpful people on Asura, often when I see someone asking for help and offer to help, I find they've already found several other people offering the same. But most people just don't even bother trying to help themselves or find help before resorting to merc. It's a sad state of affairs.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-16 05:54:20  
I'll add to this that I'll happily help people get Herculean Vests. I'm probably easier to reach on a weekend but the offer's there.
[+]
By kishr 2018-04-16 06:27:33  
I'll join the train too,
If you want any zitah, t1-3 ru'an or reisen t1, /t me
Usually afk but if I'm active I'll reply.
By Nyarlko 2018-04-16 17:39:38  
Lakshmi.Reshi said: »
Is this still going on? Just came back from a break and I could use some help with escha stuff ^_^

Yes, simplest way to get in touch is to grab a pearl for FaceDesk from one of the Linkshell Concierge NPCs in the three cities. Only restriction is that we're on Asura. :x

Ruaumoko said: »
Just wondering why Reisen T1 aren't covered?

Mainly because they aren't braindead easy for me to carry people thru on my own. ^^;; On the other hand, I can knock out ~20x EZ T1s in an hour. That seems like a more reasonable thing to offer to me.
[+]
 Asura.Aomrep
user: Aomrep
By Asura.Aomrep 2018-04-17 07:45:41  
Just wanted to say thank you to Nyarlko. I sent a /tell and we were doing all t2’s about twenty min later. It would’ve been sooner if I hadn’t gotten into something after asking too. I’m available to help out as well Nyarlko! Great stuff.
By Ciire 2018-04-18 13:27:34  
I would love to join your ls and help kill things have many job options to choose from if your recruiting
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-04-18 13:59:57  
Love everything about this! I've been doing the same on Cerberus for ages, but we don't really have many mercs (can only think of one) so players don't have the option. I hope unmercing can be as cool there as it is elsewhere. :)

The one thing I suggest to any returnee who gets free help .. be grateful! Don't just leave when ya finished, thank them (don't need to profusely) so at least those who helped get something for their time. You've been given a boost to climb over the wall .. so at least look back and pull them up the wall with you. Having good manners, being respectful, and even sharing part of your life .. it's the way to make friends, and you'll thank yourself later for building bridges.
[+]
 Asura.Tonic
user: tonic316
By Asura.Tonic 2018-04-22 20:30:12  
Is this still going on? I hit 99 the other day on my pld and working on gearing it. I quit back in 2014 and returned a few weeks ago.
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-22 22:25:09  
Yes. Shoot me a pm if I'm on game I'll help kill some mobs for you
By Luminohelix 2018-04-22 22:56:27  
I'll add to this that I'll happily help people get Herculean Vests. I'm probably easier to reach on a weekend but the offer's there.
I'd take up your offer if possible? (if not too much trouble either :3) let me know when you're available if you can make this happen^^/ thank you in advance!
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-23 01:59:40  
Luminohelix said: »
I'd take up your offer if possible? (if not too much trouble either :3) let me know when you're available if you can make this happen^^/ thank you in advance!
Contact me when I'm next on and we'll sort a time out.
 Asura.Tydis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Tydis 2018-04-23 05:29:29  
Are you guys still giving out pearls?, I'm trying to get back into playing the game a bit more regularly but I find myself losing interest since my friends have stopped playing for now so it's a bit lonely.
 Cerberus.Neojuggernaut
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neojuggernaut 2018-04-23 08:58:52  
I’ll be back in a few months titties! I’m killing bad guys still!!!
By Nyarlko 2018-04-23 22:31:03  
I've been doing my best to keep the Linkshell Concierge NPCs stocked in Bastok/Windurst/San d'Oria, but either there is some sort of timer built into the system or a TON of pearls are going out that aren't getting equipped, since they seem to be emptying out every few days. :/

We usually have more 30-50 members online at any time of day at this point, so if you can't track one of me's down, look for someone in the FaceDesk linkshell and ask them to give me a poke. XD

The many me's: Nyarlko, Cthuko, Mirajayn, Mikudayo, Hoardingmule, Naru, Ghutatan.
Cthuuko, Shantakun, Pettanko, Rorymercury, Mahirosan, Hasturkun, Klptzyxm.
If you can't find one, you can usually find another. ^^
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-23 22:48:36  
Make a Discord and have a "Ask for help" channel.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-24 01:01:04  
Great post! I have been inviting a lot of new/returning guys to my ls and gearing them up myself. Granted they might not be ready for aeonics or other endgame, I'm still trying to help them catch up on my free time. And prior to new folks joining, most of my ls is capped on Omen drops with the exception of bodies/misc. Ou drops they're now getting to come to omen runs for all the other great accessories/cards. I'm also taking people to HTBF runs for misc. gear/chapters since I run 3 characters myself. With campaign right now is a great time to help people get those chapters to reforge to +1 AF/Relic/Empy, as well as get those afterglow materials, and misc. accessories that still hold some value such as; ginsen, voltsurge torque, neretic earrings, cessance earring, etc.
 Asura.Tonic
user: tonic316
By Asura.Tonic 2018-04-24 01:20:00  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Great post! I have been inviting a lot of new/returning guys to my ls and gearing them up myself. Granted they might not be ready for aeonics or other endgame, I'm still trying to help them catch up on my free time. And prior to new folks joining, most of my ls is capped on Omen drops with the exception of bodies/misc. Ou drops they're now getting to come to omen runs for all the other great accessories/cards. I'm also taking people to HTBF runs for misc. gear/chapters since I run 3 characters myself. With campaign right now is a great time to help people get those chapters to reforge to +1 AF/Relic/Empy, as well as get those afterglow materials, and misc. accessories that still hold some value such as; ginsen, voltsurge torque, neretic earrings, cessance earring, etc.

Are you on Asura or leviathan? Is there anything like this on Asura?
First Page 2 3 4