New(?) Aeonic Prices?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » New(?) Aeonic Prices?
New(?) Aeonic Prices?
 Asura.Kaotik
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaotic
By Asura.Kaotik 2018-02-26 07:47:22  
You have to take into consideration that the price is being divided between your group. Say you go with 3x SMN, 1x Geo, 1x RUN and misc (brd for albu/vini, sch for zerde), 6 people. If you sell for 15mil, that's 2.5m per person, per T4. Say 10min gather, 5min buff/kill, 10mil per hour. Full clear is 150m, pt of 6 over 6 hrs is like 4.5m per hr.

Value just gets way to low if you drop that price too far. If I'm only going to make 1mil I'm not going to bother because I can make way more than that doing something else.
By Triffle 2018-02-26 08:55:25  
Lol I think to spite this post they raised prices on their clears by like 50m.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 09:43:14  
Ya know...people could just I Dano not pay them and get the aeonics other ways? Fighting on a post on a non SE forum isn’t going to change the linkshells minds or make SE stop people on mercing items. It’s simple get their deal, find someone cheaper even if you have to server hop or I Dano do it yourself? Some of these “points” just sounds like life isn’t fair make it stop. Life’s not fair sometimes you’re born to work hard your whole life or not work as hard because of things you acquired. But I’m sure the fighting will continue carry on ants.
By Triffle 2018-02-26 09:45:53  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Ya know...people could just I Dano not pay them and get the aeonics other ways? Fighting on a post on a non SE forum isn’t going to change the linkshells minds or make SE stop people on mercing items. It’s simple get their deal, find someone cheaper even if you have to server hop or I Dano do it yourself? Some of these “points” just sounds like life isn’t fair make it stop. Life’s not fair sometimes you’re born to work hard your whole life or not work as hard because of things you acquired. But I’m sure the fighting will continue carry on ants.

Easy for you to say. It's not your server that is mainly Merc shouts.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 09:48:54  
Triffle said: »

Leave then? Quit? Block add any? You’re upset that people who by the way pay RL money per month to play this game. If you want mercing banned you’re on the wrong forums let alone you complain but do nothing. This is where you need to be reminded are you a doer or a talker. If you’re just a talker your complaint is unjustified because you don’t do anything about it. I didn’t realize blacklist add was that hard to do for a human being.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-26 10:11:12  
I'm mercing FFXIAH

To get a like on your post going to cost you about 50,000,000 gil

Anything over 3 likes we can negotiate
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 10:14:53  
fonewear said: »
I'm mercing FFXIAH

To get a like on your post going to cost you about 50,000,000 gil

Anything over 3 likes we can negotiate

Likesx3
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 10:19:59  
fonewear said: »
My guess is the answer is somewhere between 0 and 1 gil to make a Aeonic weapon.
1.5 Gil
[+]
By Squabble 2018-02-26 10:20:26  
geigei said: »
I value my hr at 6mil so in my case relics are more expensive, not like i care about any at this point.

It takes 6 people about 6 hours to buy all the pops, clear the NM's, and get 1hr resets, sometimes faster, but 6 is typical for us unless we get lucky with Wild Cards.

6M x 6hr x 6ppl = 216M is your value for just the part that we sell/people buy.
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-26 10:54:34  
I'm not arguing any of that. Most players however don't need help clearing zitah and most of ru'aun. Most of the players including myself get caught in the helms till their linkshell or friends are available or they have to merc.

As stated some time ago I have no qualms with mercing I myself have done it. I just am trying to understand the pricing behind it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 10:59:13  
Asura.Murisia said: »
I'm not arguing any of that. Most players however don't need help clearing zitah and most of ru'aun. Most of the players including myself get caught in the helms till their linkshell or friends are available or they have to merc.

As stated some time ago I have no qualms with mercing I myself have done it. I just am trying to understand the pricing behind it.
I get your point even though like any retailer I don’t ask about the price I go somewhere else.
 Asura.Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-26 11:10:04  
I understand where you're coming from with that. But I kinda meant that in general to all mercs lol. I'm not against anyone in particular or trying to single any group out. I'm curious how mercs justify their prices.

We've established that we all value our time (some more so than others) and we've established that some things are more profitable based off that time.

So when does this line reach the pinnacle? When is the value not worth the time?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 11:21:23  
I understand where you're coming from with that. But I kinda meant that in general to all mercs lol. I'm not against anyone in particular or trying to single any group out. I'm curious how mercs justify their prices.

We've established that we all value our time (some more so than others) and we've established that some things are more profitable based off that time.

So when does this line reach the pinnacle? When is the value not worth the time?
I get that it’s hard everyone’s value is different. Mine was random when I was crafting HQ 100 to 400 mil 2-4 hours(if HQ) if no HQ 10 percent back lol. Now I’m not too sure time is more then anything. After seeing many successful groups do aeonics it’s hard to see it worth more then 150 mil but I’m not the seller so in reality I can’t tell someone how to sell their product to benefit me.
By Triffle 2018-02-26 11:39:34  

Leave then? Quit? Block add any? You’re upset that people who by the way pay RL money per month to play this game. If you want mercing banned you’re on the wrong forums let alone you complain but do nothing. This is where you need to be reminded are you a doer or a talker. If you’re just a talker your complaint is unjustified because you don’t do anything about it. I didn’t realize blacklist add was that hard to do for a human being.

Like I said. For you it's fine and dandy. It's not your server. You probably have linkshells on your server that actually do things. You might even be able to shout for groups to do stuff. The merc culture is getting so pervasive that it's at the point where people just farm ambuscade for money and buy it off these guys. For you it's fine. You're not watching the slow death of the server you're on.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 11:46:00  

Like I said. For you it's fine and dandy. It's not your server. You probably have linkshells on your server that actually do things. You might even be able to shout for groups to do stuff. The merc culture is getting so pervasive that it's at the point where people just farm ambuscade for money and buy it off these guys. For you it's fine. You're not watching the slow death of the server you're on.
Then do something. Move servers or read above again. You want a solution but you don’t want to accept facts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-02-26 11:49:12  
I do not care whether people merc or not, nor do I care whether they charge a little or a lot. If you can make money merc'ing, more power to you. If you have extra gil to pay mercs, great.

But as for the "my time is valuable" nonsense... well yeah, it's baloney. And that goes for both sides. Pretty much anyone who logs on these days logs on to: a) craft, b) build REMA, c) upgrade gear. Arguably, a) and c) are also in order to achieve b) to some degree. A very few may still be working on missions, but unless they finish their missions and unsub, it's back to essentially b).

Those mercing aeonics are essentially raking in bonus gil for letting someone leech. It's not as if no one paying any of these merc groups would mean that said groups would suddenly be off doing something different -- no, they'd still be working on their aeonics anyway (buyer or not).

And on the flip side, I find it amusing that people who use mercs justify it with "my time is valuable." Once you get your aeonic from paying mercs, what exactly are you going to do with it? Answer: see 2nd paragraph. In other words, you're not really saving any time 'cause you're just going to go right back to what you would have been doing anyway if you hadn't paid mercs. Except now you have one more shiny.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 11:51:26  
Btw I have mules on your server I agree mercing is insane and the childish US time zone yell arguements but what do I do? I block them carry on with my day. Life’s too short to be emo and mad. Be the solution not the complainer mind you Asura being the largest and continually growing server. To say it’s killing your server slowly is the same 5 percent bitching about new Star Wars. Meaning no one cares so you as a man/it/she need to figure out a solution. Plus if this was killing the game that bad SE would care or if you truly cares you’re on the wrong *** website to make a difference. I have no peanut butter for your jelly.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 11:53:28  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »
I do not care whether people merc or not, nor do I care whether they charge a little or a lot. If you can make money merc'ing, more power to you. If you have extra gil to pay mercs, great.

But as for the "my time is valuable" nonsense... well yeah, it's baloney. And that goes for both sides. Pretty much anyone who logs on these days logs on to: a) craft, b) build REMA, c) upgrade gear. Arguably, a) and c) are also in order to achieve b) to some degree. A very few may still be working on missions, but unless they finish their missions and unsub, it's back to essentially b).

Those mercing aeonics are essentially raking in bonus gil for letting someone leech. It's not as if no one paying any of these merc groups would mean that said groups would suddenly be off doing something different -- no, they'd still be working on their aeonics anyway (buyer or not).

And on the flip side, I find it amusing that people who use mercs justify it with "my time is valuable." Once you get your aeonic from paying mercs, what exactly are you going to do with it? Answer: see 2nd paragraph. In other words, you're not really saving any time 'cause you're just going to go right back to what you would have been doing anyway if you hadn't paid mercs. Except now you have one more shiny.

Valid
 Asura.Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-26 12:19:45  

I agree completely with you on this though in different words lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 12:33:17  

I agree completely with you on this though in different words lol
It’s cause you’re nice. :)
 Asura.Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-26 12:52:55  
Nice is a rarity amongst the people of this world. Am I Nice? Sometimes. No more than any other person. I can be the complete jerk everyone hears about on Asura, but that's only if provoked.

I don't fault mercs for wanting to make gil. We all do. Even I need to make gil. I'm terrible at making gil and I'm the worst merc you'll meet. I don't like to charge for my help because I'd rather make a friend than a pixel currency.

Again though, there is nothing wrong with mercing. It's just not my preferred income lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 12:58:33  
Nice is a rarity amongst the people of this world. Am I Nice? Sometimes. No more than any other person. I can be the complete jerk everyone hears about on Asura, but that's only if provoked.

I don't fault mercs for wanting to make gil. We all do. Even I need to make gil. I'm terrible at making gil and I'm the worst merc you'll meet. I don't like to charge for my help because I'd rather make a friend than a pixel currency.

Again though, there is nothing wrong with mercing. It's just not my preferred income lol
Yeah on siren did a lot of farming and helping people with weapons. Hell even farmed up 7 D rings for friends and myself. On Odin I’ve spammed 12 and most of them I paid for the pops or used my own. Paid for a friends stage 3 to final ghorn, paid for a good amount of heavy metal stacks for their emp weapon. But yeah helping my friends or people that I feel are nice.
 Asura.Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-26 13:03:33  
That is what the spirit of this game is though. I've completed a couple relics aeonics and epeolatry. None of which I did on my own. Does that make me a lesser player? No it means I found the right friends.

The group I work with constantly gives items to each other doesn't matter the cost. We don't charge. Who charges a friend? Some nights when one of us are ill the others carry them through the content. But again that is the spirit in which I was taught.
By Squabble 2018-02-26 14:26:03  
That is what the spirit of this game is though. I've completed a couple relics aeonics and epeolatry. None of which I did on my own. Does that make me a lesser player? No it means I found the right friends.

The group I work with constantly gives items to each other doesn't matter the cost. We don't charge. Who charges a friend? Some nights when one of us are ill the others carry them through the content. But again that is the spirit in which I was taught.

Isn't this what people generally do? Our group is like this and we're 9 people. It's the outsiders we charge to better the insiders. We all still individually join and make shout groups for various content, but together we create a team that can merc for money for our improvement.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-26 14:31:12  
Squabble said: »

Isn't this what people generally do? Our group is like this and we're 9 people. It's the outsiders we charge to better the insiders. We all still individually join and make shout groups for various content, but together we create a team that can merc for money for our improvement.
I see your point.
 Asura.Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-02-26 16:12:48  
I see and concede to that point squabbler. Like I said, I'm not against you or trying to attack you if I'm coming off as such I do apologize and would have no problem giving an apology in on game either.