Max Theoretical DPS?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Max theoretical DPS?
Max theoretical DPS?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2018-02-23 06:36:28  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
Garland of Bliss is only -12.5% but as far as i know it will land on anything.
Interesting, checking back on the 2017 update it also wasn't one of the listed weapons skills that had the added effects acc increased so maybe it does just land? Maybe someone with RUN will mess around with it in PvP to see. If not I'll add it to the never ending list of things to follow up on.

Well the WS itself never misses, it could just be that but somewhere down the line it got confused with the def down never resisting.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-23 06:39:39  
Asura.Frod said: »
Well the WS itself never misses, it could just be that but somewhere down the line it got confused with the def down never resisting.
Well it can't miss it's a magical WS but I also think it's the only magical WS that does something else so might explain some things... Unless your saying you messed up in your orignal post about the DEF down never missing,
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 07:39:11  
Additional effects on all WS's have a separate resist check. So while the WS itself will hit, the additional effect can be resisted. It's the same with the physical WS's, just because they pass their accuracy check and "hit" doesn't mean the additional effect will also hit.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 07:48:37  
Asura.Byrne said: »
If these were both toward me, I still disagree, as did many others, staying at PDIF cap should be one of your first considerations, not a rare luxury that lasts one or two minutes.

It is though. I've been in plenty of longer fights and it's very easy to tell when pDiff stopped being capped. RNG's on T4's or melee TC is a good example. We can't render an entire combat element meaningless by waiving our hands as a general assumption. It's the same thing with accuracy, it's not that difficult to cap but it still needs accounted for because I've seen far too many people *** it up because of this same mentality. Just something people need to keep in mind when dealing with a WS that has an attack personality.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-23 08:50:52  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Additional effects on all WS's have a separate resist check. So while the WS itself will hit, the additional effect can be resisted. It's the same with the physical WS's, just because they pass their accuracy check and "hit" doesn't mean the additional effect will also hit.

Should be able to just go whack some Ungeweders no? Air Elementals are immune to wind based debuffs, but I think the hybrid elementals actually aren't immune, but should be capable of resisting if it is resistible. Correct me if I'm wrong pls? Would there be a better target or method?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 08:59:16  
Try landing defense down on a colibri, they aren't immune but super resistant to wind. These are things that have been known for over eight years. Go try landing attack down on a crab.
By fonewear 2018-02-23 10:02:48  
Nyarlko said: »

Should be able to just go whack some Ungeweders no? Air Elementals are immune to wind based debuffs, but I think the hybrid elementals actually aren't immune, but should be capable of resisting if it is resistible. Correct me if I'm wrong pls? Would there be a better target or method?

You are wrong. Happy ?
By fonewear 2018-02-23 10:03:35  
It's true we're kind of beating this topic into the ground, but hell, I'm learning things so w/e.

Please tell me what you learned so I can be good at FFXI !
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 10:12:39  
fonewear said: »
It's true we're kind of beating this topic into the ground, but hell, I'm learning things so w/e.

I learn monk is best. But to be great you have to fight things with your fists!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 10:14:48  
Let my monk people go it was bestowed upon the people of FFXI. You shall not deny the greatness of Howling Fist !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2018-02-23 10:17:48  
This is the max dmg possible. To witness such a thing is to experience greatness:

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 10:35:51  
Lol basically can use this guide for mental support
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-02-23 11:02:49  

I learn that with the power of friendship any thing is possible or if you have a credit card and on asura its also possible as well.
[+]
 Asura.Dagget
By Asura.Dagget 2018-02-23 11:09:38  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I learn that with the power of friendship any thing is possible or if you have a credit card and on asura its also possible as well.

I just moved to Asura, this whole mercenary thing is new to me. Didnt see much if any mercenary service on Siren. Is RMT the reason why for this? Is asura known to be a gil buying server or something and therefore why lots of people sell their services?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 11:13:50  
Asura.Dagget said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

I just moved to Asura, this whole mercenary thing is new to me. Didnt see much if any mercenary service on Siren. Is RMT the reason why for this? Is asura known to be a gil buying server or something and therefore why lots of people sell their services?
Or they got bored destroying everything and just merc now cause it’s Gil. Always three possibilities.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 11:14:36  
I'll post for you on FFXIAH for 1,000,000 gil !
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 11:16:04  
I'll post for you on FFXIAH for 1,000,000 gil !
Oh ***... shots fired
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 11:17:02  
In fact I'll log on your FFXI account and play for you for like 300 M gil.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-23 11:37:44  
People Sell services for various reasons, likely somewhere in this order of priority

• People on Asura are lazy as ***
• It could be related to some RMT, but not really always the case
• The population is so high, natural gap between high end players
• Everyone is competing to catch up, with so many players
• People's time is limited.
• Making gil is easier than clearing the content yourself (see gain exp)
• There's a good bit of gilbuying, too. Its fairly cheap
• There's money to be made in buying things (see spoiler)

The simple answer is, buying stuff is easier than doing it yourself. You can call it laziness, but there are some instances where going through the trouble yourself isn't worth it, and just shelling out cash is easier (i.e. speed gearing up a second character). Where there is a market, people will buy and sell. With so many people on Asura, everyone is trying to "catch up". They'd rather pay to get geared up and in line than do the content themselves. The culture on Asura is buying and selling, which isn't totally a bad thing (price of HQs drops, lot of stock). It's more about players not wanting to spend the time getting there, and just getting there.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 11:43:17  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
People Sell services for various reasons, likely somewhere in this order of priority

The simple answer is, buying stuff is easier than doing it yourself. You can call it laziness, but there are some instances where going through the trouble yourself isn't worth it, and just shelling out cash is easier (i.e. speed gearing up a second character). Where there is a market, people will buy and sell. With so many people on Asura, everyone is trying to "catch up". They'd rather pay to get geared up and in line than do the content themselves. The culture on Asura is buying and selling, which isn't totally a bad thing (price of HQs drops, lot of stock). It's more about players not wanting to spend the time getting there, and just getting there.
There goes my hero
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-02-23 11:49:13  
This is the max dmg possible. To witness such a thing is to experience greatness:

I thought, "Why is that Rumble Crawler getting TP moves off????" But then I remembered that this was before Subtle Blow II: Electric Boogaloo.

This answer is the max theoretical DPS.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 12:43:45  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

I thought, "Why is that Rumble Crawler getting TP moves off????" But then I remembered that this was before Subtle Blow II: Electric Boogaloo.

This answer is the max theoretical DPS.
True statement unsure why dagget brought up asura and their mercs etc. Maybe it’s an IQ thing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 13:19:57  
Time has value, some people will convert monetary value into someone else's time value. It's not as common on other servers because there isn't the population to support it.

Imagine how a person, who grew up in an isolated village that relied on fishing for sustenance, would feel if they were dropped into the middle of a modern super market.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 13:31:56  
Time has value, some people will convert monetary value into someone else's time value. It's not as common on other servers because there isn't the population to support it.

Imagine how a person, who grew up in an isolated village that relied on fishing for sustenance, would feel if they were dropped into the middle of a modern super market.
True
By fonewear 2018-02-23 14:36:03  

Isolated village of course we are talking about Canada !
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 14:49:39  

Isolated village of course we are talking about Canada !

Oh you mean the Democratic Peoples Republic of Canada?
By Nyarlko 2018-02-23 15:18:11  
Try landing defense down on a colibri, they aren't immune but super resistant to wind. These are things that have been known for over eight years. Go try landing attack down on a crab.
Should be easier to track down at least. Thanks. ^^

Nyarlko said: »

You are wrong. Happy ?
Yes.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 18:49:00  
If these were both toward me, I still disagree, as did many others, staying at PDIF cap should be one of your first considerations, not a rare luxury that lasts one or two minutes.

It is though. I've been in plenty of longer fights and it's very easy to tell when pDiff stopped being capped. RNG's on T4's or melee TC is a good example. We can't render an entire combat element meaningless by waiving our hands as a general assumption. It's the same thing with accuracy, it's not that difficult to cap but it still needs accounted for because I've seen far too many people *** it up because of this same mentality. Just something people need to keep in mind when dealing with a WS that has an attack personality.

On Tumult Curator:

You can't bring up "things that matter" then follow that up with things that there are really no reason to fight except for the challenge alone.

As for T4's... Pretty much everyone here unanimously agrees that you are just factually wrong.

You again, hand waiving saying "I've seen many people blah blah blah" does not matter to anyone that gives half a *** about the actual truth. Anecdotes are just that. People are bad sometimes, COOL. That in no way affects the possibility of covering basic priorities.
By Sockfoot 2018-02-23 18:59:15  
You can't bring up "things that matter" then follow that up with things that there are really no reason to fight except for the challenge alone.

As for T4's... Pretty much everyone here unanimously agrees that you are just factually wrong.

You again, hand waiving saying "I've seen many people blah blah blah" does not matter to anyone that gives half a *** about the actual truth. Anecdotes are just that. People are bad sometimes, COOL. That in no way affects the possibility of covering basic priorities.
Just a douche all around, eh? You should try getting outside one day and talking to a real person.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-23 19:02:03  

That's just you doing twisting and stretching stuff

My original comment

Attack is another very important facet of Resolution, it comes with a -15% penalty which can hurt if people aren't paying attention. High level NM's have beyond ridiculous defense, Idris Frailty isn't enough to reach over 4.0 the value of their defense, which is why we stack it with Dia and bolster / BoG. People like to hand waive it because of how hard it is to account for but it's still something that needs to understood

Not too long ago someone was getting pissed at why I make long posts detailing out nearly every facet of whats being discussed. People like you are why.

And most certainly there is no unanimity, in fact I haven't seen anything to the contrary in this thread. Meaning the only people making a fuss are trolls.

You actually ended up agreeing with me when you resorted to using DRG because you had lost sight of my original statement. I never said capped pDiff was impossible outside of Bolster frailty, I said Idris Frailty wasn't sufficient on it's own and that it needed to be stacked. People, like OP and friends, just assumed attack would be automatically capped with just a GEO for an hour of fighting, then discussed using a WS that had an attack penalty among jobs where one has a gigantic attack bonus over the other.

So thanks for proving my point, in more ways then one.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9