Aby Empy (Weapon) Item Mercing Services?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Aby Empy (Weapon) item mercing services?
Aby Empy (Weapon) item mercing services?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-14 02:59:46  
So I hate Aby. I mean, I REALLY hate Aby. Over the years I've heard about people offering their services, in terms of time, to farm the required Empy items for different people's Empy weapons. However, I don't see this service being offered anymore.

With Empy weapons now costing about 120m, 90m-ish for HMP [6m*15] and rest for dross/cinder, paying 500k-1m per 2 Empy Aby items seems like it would be unfeasible in the current economy; whereas 1m per pop would be a maximum of 50m per 1/3 of the NMs, which is almost half the price of the Empy. The other issue is that certain Aby NMs are easier to farm than others; with some taking 10 minutes and others 1hr to get a pop.

So my question is, what would be a "fair" price to buy/sell Empy Aby items for the Empy weapons? Is it based on NM kills? Items gotten? Any ideas?
 Asura.Dakrone
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dakrone 2018-02-14 03:11:31  
Honestly speaking, it’s base off how “desperate” and/or “lazy” you are.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-14 03:16:23  
Asura.Dakrone said: »
Honestly speaking, it’s base off how “desperate” and/or “lazy” you are.

I'm desperate enough to ask for this service, but also cheap enough to know when I'd be ripped off. :p
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-02-14 04:09:21  
That's not at all how it works.

Pops cost what a fatmer feels their time is worth.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2018-02-14 05:07:47  
Well even looking at the easy condition NM like Azdaja where you only need one KI from a time Pop NM. you could get 4-6 KI's in one hour but let's say 5 because 6 in unrealistic.

Speaking from my POV I would want to get at least 3M for that hour of time, because id go with my hubby and our Mule nin+war+thf to make all go fast and painless. So that's 600k/pop. Because this would be easy farming probably could go down for things like that, but farming 1 Hour of Apademak ... um...

Not saying I would merc things like that, or that those prices are spot on, just me thinking what I would want to have for our time for 3 characters. I don't do many content to farm gil, so can't compare much. That's just Easy-Botton Gain as reference, where we would get 3M in about 40 min (including traveling and selling) — and still there is probably others doing better.
By Darkvlade 2018-02-14 07:35:25  
Best part of making a REM back then, was apppreciating the time and effort it took getting to that stage, I know firsthand the nuances and the many f*cks uttered whle farming, but at the end it felt like I have won the lotto, we used to say back then “enjoy the trip there, it will be worth it”.

So save your gil and farm it, it will help you appreciate it more.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-02-14 07:56:46  
500k per item was the price back a few years ago. I’d probably keep that except orthrus and apademak and those would be 1m per item cuz they are annoying as hell. My first thought on price for those was “nope”
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-14 09:00:55  
It is very long to farm some NMs, not gonna lie. But what's your hurry? The end goal of getting the item and the quest done is the most fulfilling thing you can work towards? Value the journey over the destination!

Unless of course you're in need of Chloris, then I'd pay for that ***too.
[+]
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-02-14 09:22:11  
I've honestly always had help when farming mine (ochain/almace) and there was 0 competition almost the whole time but it's not that bad if you just accept it will take time and do a few hours at time to avoid burning yourself out. The issue is that people got used to just doing spambu for mats so it seems like aby farming is awfully long. Back in the day, people would farm all their aby items with competition and then wait forever to be able to afford cinder/dross. The game isn't (shouldn't be?) about getting shines, it's about the feeling of accomplishment and if you just buy everything, what's even the point? I know everybody feels different but that's my view

On a side node Apademak (and other NM requiring 15 mins pop rare items) isn't that terrible if you fill your/mule/alt dbox with Sisyphus fragments whenever you can. I used to just go there 2-3 times a day to kill Sisy and fill my dbox and, when I got to Apademak, it took like 2 days total as all the downtime was killed just being smart rather than afking in town and complaining it would take too long.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-14 13:11:23  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Unless of course you're in need of Chloris, then I'd pay for that ***too.

What if I told you that I do need Chloris? I've manually farmed: 75 Dragua scales, and 50 Ulhuadshi's fang(s). I just need Chloris. I've gotten 9 of Chloris' buds by manually farming, but he is just such a nightmare. So yeah, I'd rather pay someone to farm it lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-14 13:19:10  
I don't blame you. That's a horrible path. But like I always say, there's nothing in this game right at this very moment that you are being excluded from simply cuz you don't have this weapon. So it might be a bunch of work, but you'll get it eventually and it will get done eventually. Just take a piece of it at a time (something like 10-15 items a week). Easier said than done, but trying to get that NM done fast will drive you crazy. Take it easy and enjoy the ride (LOL)
 Bismarck.Vespertaru
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Vesper84
By Bismarck.Vespertaru 2018-02-14 14:32:06  
I know the pain of farming Chloris Buds. I made every empy to at least 85, and that was within the last year. With all the pops you have to farm and the procs, it took me a little over an hour to make 2 Chloris pops (I dual boxed WAR/NIN and THF). So yes, without people, to help, Chloris is the worst on the basis of time consumption. Oh and yes I farmed 150 buds, my friends still think I was crazy for doing that too.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-14 14:37:00  
I used to pay 1m for the pop and I kill it. ~30m for the irritation that chloris/glavoid farming causes is WELL worth it.

I had no issue making all tahrongi path emps this way. (I have all 16 emps)

But this was when abyssea was relevant, it's next to impossible to find random people with pops anymore.

At that time most weren't abusing "gil farming techniques" if I tried it today it'd probably cost double with sparks inflation. and I'd still be ok with 2m per pop. or straight 1m per drop, 50m for the 80 stage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-16 14:50:34  
Hmmm... Maybe I should just /yell for a bit and see if people would be willing to sell me their Chloris pops lol.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-16 16:50:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
Hmmm... Maybe I should just /yell for a bit and see if people would be willing to sell me their Chloris pops lol.
I’m doing that pos very soon
By snakeplisken 2018-02-16 17:21:03  
Chloris isnt as bad as he used to be now that you would be the only person in zone. However, it is extremely boring. If I was farming for someone I would charge 1 Mil a bud.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-02-16 18:43:05  
This won't be news but movement speed is the best Abyssea stat.

The more movement speed you have, the less painful Abyssea, particularly Tahrongi NMs, will be.

I take no responsibility for how anyone chooses to read this post.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-02-17 01:05:38  
I pay 1mil per glavoid shell.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-17 13:15:23  
Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
I pay 1mil per glavoid shell.

But how do you find people willing to sell you the shell? Do you /yell for it? Or are they friends?
 Odin.Kealoha
サーバ: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-02-17 13:18:46  
/sea all non-Senaki
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-02-17 13:39:11  
Kodaijin said: »
500k per item was the price back a few years ago. I’d probably keep that except orthrus and apademak and those would be 1m per item cuz they are annoying as hell. My first thought on price for those was “nope”

Orthrus was a goddamn relief after Glavoid and Itzpapa...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-17 16:19:30  
Back when Aby was a thing I charged 100k per key item required to pop.

Now you can probably say at least 2-3M for most Aby pops.

I also had to do Chloris for me and 2 other people it was hell....but eventually we all got 50.

If you were on my server I'd do all 50 for like...50 M just cause I know it is hell.
 Asura.Zihi
user: Yankke23
By Asura.Zihi 2018-02-17 18:12:29  
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

i'll do this service ~
Chloris ~ 1m
Orthus ~ 1m
Apademak ~ 1m
Glavoid ~ 1m
Everything else 500k ~

:D
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-18 02:00:23  
Asura.Zihi said: »

i'll do this service ~
Chloris ~ 1m
Orthus ~ 1m
Apademak ~ 1m
Glavoid ~ 1m
Everything else 500k ~

Hmmm, is it per pop or per drop item?
 Leviathan.Louisoix
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-02-18 02:16:19  
I just shout, ask ls, post on xiahbazaar and yeah, some are friends. :)
 Asura.Zihi
By Asura.Zihi 2018-02-18 11:22:29  

i'll do this service ~
Chloris ~ 1m
Orthus ~ 1m
Apademak ~ 1m
Glavoid ~ 1m
Everything else 500k ~

Per pop, sir . . .
Want to hire my service!?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-02-18 14:21:24  
I'd actually do chloris for 1 mil a pop as well.

Put in an order and I'll tell you when I've got it. From there, I'll wait for you to get five minutes for me to get you in Tahrongi and kill chloros. Rinse repeat. Put me and zili both to work!
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-02-18 14:21:43  

i'll do this service ~
Chloris ~ 1m
Orthus ~ 1m
Apademak ~ 1m
Glavoid ~ 1m
Everything else 500k ~

Per pop, sir . . .
Want to hire my service!?

I would, but we're on different servers haha (I'm on Odin). At least you've given me a standard by which to follow when paying for the service. :p
 Fenrir.Acey
サーバ: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2018-02-18 14:52:06  
I wouldnt Merc an 80 stage for less then 60m now myself and that's for a 2 trigger NM a 3 or 4 trigger NM would be 75m nowadays as a Merc. There are just too many ways to make Gil fast now to make it worth a Merc time. Back in voidwatch era I did glavoid and chloris for 50m each but I also made the buyer buy itza and chloris' second stage also and charged 100m for the 85 weapon. Doing the second stage first so they wouldn't back from the deal. But yeah if someone has a pop on hand to sale roughly 1m for the pop unless it's a 1 trigger then 500k or if need farmed 2m for 3 triggers and 3m for 4 triggers if the are in zone doing it for you. And I think that is a fair price for today's game and simplicity of Gil making.
 Asura.Zihi
By Asura.Zihi 2018-02-20 11:24:24  
Noone want to Hire our service!? :P i provide unlimited abyssea time ~ 100% proc !! 50/50 in 1 day!!! ~ hire my service and get ur empy done in less that 2 days ~
First Page 2