言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Aeonic Raffle II
Aeonic Raffle II
First Page 2
By Squabble 2018-02-11 04:21:04  
After the success of the first raffle, Voracity is holding a second raffle!

Buy In: 3M per entry
Limit 5 entries per character. 50 entries max.
Run Dates: 2/23/18 8PM Pacific & 2/24/18 6PM Pacific

Rules: Collection of funds for participants will take place in Bastok Markets by the fountain on 2/23/18 starting at 5:00PM Pacific and ending at 5:30PM Pacific. After funds are collected, each participants name will be called alongside the number of entries they've purchased and they will /random that number of times. Highest /random wins.

If a tie occurs, each tying entry will /random against each other for a tie breaker. (Example: For 923 being the highest /random: Person A rolls 923 for two of their five entries and Person B rolls 923 once and Person C rolls 923 once, then the tie breaker will be Person A /randoming twice, Person B & C /randoming once each, highest winning).

Failure to attend, failure to have beads, failure to have silt for radialens', and/or gross misconduct (i.e. intentionally trying to make us fail) is subject to forfeiture of their prize.

Congratulations to our previous winner:
Gilian - Sequence

-----

Is gambling not your thing? We sell clears outright as well.

Full Clear: 150M
Reisenjima Clear: 100M
Reisenjima HELM's: 70M
Individual HELM's: 20M for 1, 30M for 2, 10M additional for each added HELM in the same run.
WoC or Kirin: 10M
Anything Else: Please contact Squabbler.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vienner 2018-02-11 08:50:55  
Only thing I can think of is that you guys must be really bored in game if you're willing to do this.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-02-11 09:12:16  
Asura.Vienner said: »
Only thing I can think of is that you guys must be really bored in game if you're willing to do this.

It's like a state lottery, tax on people who are bad at math. There aren't very many people who would spend 100m+ on an Aeonic win because if they can acquire that much gil they normally can level and gear SMN sufficiently to do it that way. This way they can still farm players by targeting the lower tier market.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-02-11 09:14:52  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Vienner said: »

It's like a state lottery, tax on people who are bad at math. There aren't very many people who would spend 100m+ on an Aeonic win because if they can acquire that much gil they normally can level and gear SMN sufficiently to do it that way. This way they can still farm players by targeting the lower tier market.
This raffle operates with the buyer at a net win or break even, unlike state lotteries. It's not really the same.
By Squabble 2018-02-11 12:42:03  
Our group is doing this for fun, it's exciting. It's why the expected value is 1:1, we're not ripping anyone off. We still sell it straight if people prefer.
By Squabble 2018-02-12 17:53:27  
Don't forget to farm those beads! If you're interested in participating and want a day-of reminder before it happens, please contact me in game or send me a PM.
By Squabble 2018-02-13 19:43:07  
Bump!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-13 20:13:25  
I didn't enter the first raffle because it seemed like true highway robbery. Now you're doing it again. After seeing some random scrub win an aeonic, if you think I'm about to miss this opportunity again you have another thing coming.

Let me log in and send you my hard earned gil. I. CAN'T. LOSE!!
By emiledge 2018-02-13 20:57:58  
How do we know the winner of the last one is not an alt character of yours or one of your LS mates and this is just a way to scam gil? If its legit its not a bad deal. Just a lot of room to be shady in this
By Squabble 2018-02-13 21:08:06  
emiledge said: »
How do we know the winner of the last one is not an alt character of yours or one of your LS mates and this is just a way to scam gil? If its legit its not a bad deal. Just a lot of room to be shady in this

It's a contest involving /random's, even if we were to try and rig it, it isn't even close to guaranteed.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-13 21:17:42  

Let's imagine that we had 25 entries on our own mules. That is money that we don't gain. If you buy 1 ticket, your chance of winning is 1/(Number of Entries). That chance doesn't change if we have our own characters in it or not. In the end, it is all the same.

However, we are not doing that. I feel like we have made attempts to be transparent. I wish there was a better way to prove the winner was in no way related to us, but that really won't happen unless a very well known character enters and wins. Even then you could say "collusion!" but the argument stands that your random makes it fair regardless.

I can't do anything but tell you we are being honest. I personally paid for the last winners Regal Necklace because it didn't sit well with me that he had to wait through Zi Tah.
[+]
By Squabble 2018-02-17 04:38:02  
Bump!
[+]
By Squabble 2018-02-19 13:54:12  
4 days to go! If you're interested in participating, please contact Squabbler or Darian with how many entries you'd like to purchase!
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-19 14:20:09  
Asura.Darian said: »

Let's imagine that we had 25 entries on our own mules. That is money that we don't gain. If you buy 1 ticket, your chance of winning is 1/(Number of Entries). That chance doesn't change if we have our own characters in it or not. In the end, it is all the same.

However, we are not doing that. I feel like we have made attempts to be transparent. I wish there was a better way to prove the winner was in no way related to us, but that really won't happen unless a very well known character enters and wins. Even then you could say "collusion!" but the argument stands that your random makes it fair regardless.

I can't do anything but tell you we are being honest. I personally paid for the last winners Regal Necklace because it didn't sit well with me that he had to wait through Zi Tah.

I got my lie detector to prove you are being honest:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-19 14:21:46  
Squabble said: »
After the success of the first raffle, Voracity is holding a second raffle!

Buy In: 3M per entry
Limit 5 entries per character. 50 entries max.
Run Dates: 2/23/18 8PM Pacific & 2/24/18 6PM Pacific

Rules: Collection of funds for participants will take place in Bastok Markets by the fountain on 2/23/18 starting at 5:00PM Pacific and ending at 5:30PM Pacific. After funds are collected, each participants name will be called alongside the number of entries they've purchased and they will /random that number of times. Highest /random wins.

If a tie occurs, each tying entry will /random against each other for a tie breaker. (Example: For 923 being the highest /random: Person A rolls 923 for two of their five entries and Person B rolls 923 once and Person C rolls 923 once, then the tie breaker will be Person A /randoming twice, Person B & C /randoming once each, highest winning).

Failure to attend, failure to have beads, failure to have silt for radialens', and/or gross misconduct (i.e. intentionally trying to make us fail) is subject to forfeiture of their prize.

Congratulations to our previous winner:
Gilian - Sequence

-----

Is gambling not your thing? We sell clears outright as well.

Full Clear: 150M
Reisenjima Clear: 100M
Reisenjima HELM's: 70M
Individual HELM's: 20M for 1, 30M for 2, 10M additional for each added HELM in the same run.
WoC or Kirin: 10M
Anything Else: Please contact Squabbler.

For 3 M gil that sounds like fun !
By clearlyamule 2018-02-19 15:01:32  
But you gotta win too
By Squabble 2018-02-20 15:42:47  
3 days to go! Get them beads!

#BigHopes #BleedsForBeads #FistuleFury
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-02-20 16:08:17  
lol fistuleFury funny stuff :)
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-22 00:57:26  
Currently have 7 people entering into the raffle. Roll off is Friday night! At this point the pot is light and each person has a 1/7 chance to win! We hope to see you at Bastok Markets!
[+]
 Bahamut.Azureus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: azureus
By Bahamut.Azureus 2018-02-22 05:01:30  
what a lovely spirited thing to do :) GL any and all who enter!
By Squabble 2018-02-22 13:47:42  
We'll be conducting the raffle tomorrow, Friday, February 23rd starting at 5:00PM Pacific, starting with collection of funds and calling participants to /random starting at 5:30PM Pacific. If you're interested, please contact Squabbler or Darian with how many entries you'd like to buy. Last minute entries will be accepted.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-23 10:48:49  
If you are interested in entering the raffle for a chance at an Aeonic make sure to sign up early, or be at Bastok Markets shortly before 5:30PM PST.

We will be starting our full clear for the winner tonight!

Entry is 3M per ticket with a maximum allowed 5 tickets per person.

We will only accept the first 50 entries.

There currently only 7 commits. The odds are looking very good for one of those people!

We hope to see you there.
By Squabble 2018-02-23 12:36:50  
Looks like someone is getting a cheap Aeonic tonight! Six and a half hours until the raffle festivities begin!
By Squabble 2018-02-23 16:03:10  
3 hours to go! Hope you got them beads!
By Squabble 2018-02-23 18:13:43  
45 minutes to go!
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-23 19:55:20  
We are posting this for the record. We did not anticipate that someone would pay on a mule and then push a win to another character. We try to keep this as transparent as we can. Please refrain from this in the future. Nevertheless, congratulations to Sirtaint on the win.

[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-02-23 19:59:46  
Really working up to the deadline on the beads good for him winning!
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-02-23 20:16:04  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Really working up to the deadline on the beads good for him winning!

Just to put it into perspective for everyone:

Sirtaint gets an Aeonic clear for 6M gil.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-23 20:19:46  
Not bad
First Page 2