Disable AutoLock Issues

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Disable autoLock issues
Disable autoLock issues
By DaneBlood 2018-01-29 01:04:14  
For some reasong AutoLock refuese to disable for my mule.
I've tried:

- Disable autoTarget in the config menu
- "/autotarget off" ingame command
- "Config BattleAutoTarget 0" in Windower consol

But still keeps putting the lock on whenever i cast a spell on a mob or target a mob

-- edit --
just relased its "Config BattleAutoTarget false" not "Config BattleAutoTarget 0" and it works....
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-29 02:45:45  
Wait is this a thing? can you turn off auto lock on with an addon?
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2018-01-29 04:15:53  
If u have any disable /enable locks in your lua to lock gear then disabling a slot with //gs disable will not work if in your lua it reads the rule as true and enables the slot.
By DaneBlood 2018-01-30 11:31:04  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

you can do that in the menu of vanilla ffxi as well
menu > config > gameplay.
It says "autotarget" but is actually auto lock in this menu (translation error?)
To disable autotarget in both vanilla and windowe you need to use the ingame command /autotarget

However if you run with config plugin, the config plugin ooverrides the selection in the games menu. So even if you go in the menu and set it to not autolock (again it says autotarget) it still does.

so, in short, you dont need the plugin. but its highly recommendable because of 60fps as well :)
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-01-30 11:31:57  
Asura.Lewyo said: »
If u have any disable /enable locks in your lua to lock gear then disabling a slot with //gs disable will not work if in your lua it reads the rule as true and enables the slot.

Thank you for the help but this is not what i am talking about. It has nothing to do with gearswaping.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 12:25:24  
I was talking about "lock-on" specifically. not autotarget

When you engage you always lock on and have to manually unlock, thought this was about an add-on that disabled that, is it?
By zaxtiss 2018-01-30 12:44:24  
i'm sure you can,
i'd just make it a GS command to unlock it right after engaging.
something along the lines of
if command == attack then
send_command("/attack <t> ; wait.5; setkey * down; wait 0.4; setkey * up")
i'm not home to test it but i think it would work.
edited
thinking about it i think you can just use /lockon after /attack instead would be simpler lolz
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 12:52:12  
I tried that with the react addon, using /lockon in a script doesn't work.

I'm not great with context/commands though so it's probably possible, I just couldn't get it to function.
By DaneBlood 2018-02-03 00:10:27  
I was talking about "lock-on" specifically. not autotarget

When you engage you always lock on and have to manually unlock, thought this was about an add-on that disabled that, is it?

That is exactly what i am talking about. and explained above.
You dont need a plugin for it. its in the game menu under conifg but its labeled as auto-target.

forgeting windower (Because its tossed awrench into the system) this is how it works in vanilla ffxi and has been for at least 75 cap times.
Menu >>config >> gameplay >> controls: auto-taget during battle
this feature is NOT auto targets. Its LOCK-ON

Doing "/autotarget on/off" command in the game chat controls Autotarget, but NOT lock-on

See the difference ?

Here come the wrench.
If you use config pluging in windower, The Config plugin overides the settings in
Menu >>config >> gameplay >> controls: auto-taget during battle
so this has no effect anymore (that was what was confussing me at first)
So instead you have to disable it through config plugin with
"Config BattleAutoTarget false" in the windower consol

To clarify. THIS controls lock-on if you dont use the config plugin
https://s9.postimg.org/o0l6nhnpb/Untitled.png
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-02-03 00:13:20  
Auto-targetting IS auto lock.

They are one in the same. Lock-on is automatic when engaging/staying engaged (unless there exists an add-on to remove it) and if there is one, I want it!
By DaneBlood 2018-02-03 00:14:33  

They are one in the same. Lock-on is automatic when engaging/staying engaged (unless there exists an add-on to remove it)
Have you tried it ? cause its working here and has for the last 10 years.

I have no lock-on when enganging just as if i had hit my lock on/off key right after enganging.
By DaneBlood 2018-02-03 00:27:00  
or let me try to clarify.
when im talking about lock-on im talking about this red box

https://s9.postimg.org/p45az95pr/blah.png
Which force your direction towards the mob and also has the side effect of temporarily chaning your follow target to your battle target.

If you do as I described above, this red box will not be present when engaging a mob so you can roam freely around.

also you will still be autotargeting the next mobs offcause depending on what you set /autotarget to,

lock on a mob and auto target next mobs are indeed 2 different things
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
サーバ: Cerberus
user: gilles
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2018-02-03 08:14:55  
thanks for this
years ago, i was pretty sure my target was set automaticaly when i had multiple aggro
i think at some point i have reinstalled the game and it has never work again
in the menu, it was ON
/autotarget command says it was off

on a side note, in the menu, option is labelled auto-target but in the help message on top of the screen, it says this control auto lock
so definitively a bad translation here
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-02-12 06:26:07  

They are one in the same. Lock-on is automatic when engaging/staying engaged (unless there exists an add-on to remove it) and if there is one, I want it!

Did you ever get to try out what I said ?
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-02-12 11:55:03  
I am pretty sure auto lock and auto target are not the same. Locking will force your char to always face the mob while you move around. Targeting means if multiple mobs are attacking you will switch to the next closest aggressive mob once the current target dies

If you are using windower it may be that there are some global settings that are auto loaded. I had this issue a while back. I had to manually edit my global windower settings file to delete the auto lock setting so that the in-game preferences would take hold.
 Cerberus.Boogs
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-02-12 11:56:30  

They are different and yes there is a setting to disable autolock
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-09 00:39:58  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »

So apparently this is true, but it has literally never functioned for me before... I've had this thing set as "off" since day 1 and it has -NEVER- engaged without locking on... I thought it didn't work/didn't do that, since it never actually did it....

Windower config plug-in overrides it, that's why it has been *** up for literally years. I never knew. It -was- broken all this time. #***
[+]
By DaneBlood 2018-03-13 07:24:58  
Cerberus.Boogs said: »

So apparently this is true, but it has literally never functioned for me before... I've had this thing set as "off" since day 1 and it has -NEVER- engaged without locking on... I thought it didn't work/didn't do that, since it never actually did it....

Windower config plug-in overrides it, that's why it has been *** up for literally years. I never knew. It -was- broken all this time. #***

Can I just point out that was exactly what I said in the begining of this point and asked you to test?

But instead of actually testing it you got stubborn and insisted I was wrong without ANY testing on your part?

Maybe in the future listen to ppl and do those 1 min testing, so you are open to learning new stuff rather than just spewing out stuff you "think" is right.

It will help a lot in debates to get to the truth, and you will progress on your goal faster.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-03-13 07:37:26  
nice laughs
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 08:00:11  
I mean, you can think that, but I've had the *** thing on "OFF" for 12 of the 15 years I've played, that I can confirm. It's literally the first thing I change in the menu when I start a new account/change machines.

And it has -NEVER- not auto-locked.

It's because the windower plug-in was overriding it. I didn't know it was in there. WHY THE *** IS IT BTW.

This was the same stupid ***problem I had with using a controller. Windower ***overriding my preferences.

I GUESS I can understand the argument for the controller override, but the *** autolock-on function, I mean *** /really/ what purpose does that serve other than to piss me off.

Makes me wonder what other random ***is in there that's overriding my config.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-03-13 12:30:39  
Because it was written so that you don't have to make it "literally the first thing you change every time for 12 years". Obviously. Come on dude, you were given a brain.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 13:24:50  
Why would I ever type //config

I have no reason too.

I didn't know what config did, I don't care what config does, it sounded important enough to use so I have it.

I don't know what autoexec does, I have it. I don't know what Run does, I have it. I have sandbox, it either doesn't do what I think it's supposed to, or I don't know what it does, still have it.

I also don't give enough of a *** to look up what they do, or ask, or learn.

I have remember, it doesn't work. I have instaLS it doesn't work. I don't try to figure out why, or bother turning it off. It's not causing detriment, config just happens to be the opposite, it works and causes detriment and I had no *** idea. How would I.
By zaxtiss 2018-03-13 13:34:21  
instals should work so long as the shells are in your inventory not sack / case
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-13 13:40:15  
zaxtiss said: »
instals should work so long as the shells are in your inventory not sack / case

Who the *** does that? Where does it say that's how it works?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-13 14:20:40  
Inventory is the first bag to load from server, I'm guessing they verify the linkshell is equipped before sending it to avoid sending bad packets.

If they're willing to blind send chat packets, it should be possible to use it regardless of the shell existing or where it is, but then you have the possibility of trying to speak in a linkshell # that's not equipped.

Run allows you to access your PC's command line from ffxi's command line.

Autoexec triggers conditions on zone, weather change, other similar things.. if you aren't explicitly using it it does nothing.

Config is probably well documented, I haven't used windower since it existed.