New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Ambuscade January
Ambuscade January
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 14:55:17  
Didn't realize that. That makes it extremely easier. Don't even need to clip/hop, just use the Home Points addon. Might need help getting a KI but you could probably get the group to do that for you.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-16 14:59:44  
They have to go there anyway, so as long as you zone in with them it's automatic, they dont really have a choice lol.

You can probably 2box your first ki if you're thinking about doing this or con someone into helping you on your mule if you had to.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 15:04:52  
<3
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-16 15:12:04  
So, does the home points addon let you warp to any home point, even when you don't have them?

That's pretty dope if so, whoever made that, much love.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-16 15:23:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So, does the home points addon let you warp to any home point, even when you don't have them?

Sounds like a super cheating-like addon to me. I don't think people should use such an option, even if it exits.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 15:27:50  
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »

Sounds like a super cheating-like addon to me. I don't think people should use such an option, even if it exits.
Who remembers the Hnmls days... running through zones
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 15:38:28  

I don't think people should 6 box aellos, use windower or gs or any of its addons like capetrader/equipviewer/battlemod, or burn aeonics in 6 hours, but my opinion is irrelevant and it doesn't matter what I think.

edit: The addon can actually get you stuck and frozen if you warp to the wrong place, so it's use at your own risk.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-01-16 15:45:31  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I don't think people should 6 box aellos, use windower or gs or any of its addons like capetrader/equipviewer/battlemod, or burn aeonics in 6 hours, but my opinion is irrelevant and it doesn't matter what I think.

edit: The addon can actually get you stuck and frozen if you warp to the wrong place, so it's use at your own risk.

Like, frozen to the point that you need a GMs help? xD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 15:52:25  
The addon gives you access to all Home Points, including the now-removed Al Zahbi one that was removed after besieged. I think you're pretty much gonna get banned for warping there. If you avoid that zone, you should be fine.

Post deleted by User.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-16 15:59:40  
you would default to your city nation by your sparks NPC iirc

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-01-16 17:04:31  
If you look at it from a mule perspective, its 100% free money.

New hustle:
Level to 99/gain ambu access
Obtain 5 seals (2 from silver mog pell, 1 from intense, 1 from weekly, 1 from buyable npc)
Buy 5 wins. 10,800 x 5 = 54,000 points
@5mil/win = 25mil. Probably can make 5mil off of remainder of your hallmarks after you break even on your initial cost
Everything earned from Gallantry is net gil

I say do this on a mule because you can't trade or send your seals from your mule to your main, so they are just not doing anything for you. You can just stockpile seals for months until an easily buyable one for a moderate price and make bank. I wouldn't really do this on a main because it might make sense to just get full cash from ambu fights.
A couple ls members stockpile seals on mules and just spam them to death when easy for alex/hmp for weapons.

Mercing runs for a zero effort player is win/win, even if they profit off their points still like above, because all during it, i'm making gil off my points and off the merc money too.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-01-16 17:16:18  

I get where you're coming from, and back in the days where we had mixed servers with console players that literally couldn't use addons I would agree with you. But these days, the majority of people that play this game regularly are using either Windower or Ashita. The reasons for this are numerous. Yes, some people wish to cheat, while others simply want the game to behave the way it should. Why is it you can't WS unless you are engaged? BLM's have to pull out their staff to use Myrkr, Melee's can't touch Erynis but need to WS on it... Which is something these programs can fix. There's really no good reason the game doesn't allow you to do this... it just doesn't.

Remember though, I'm not defending use of all add-ons, there are clearly some that are much more cheaty than others. In essence if an addon lets you do something that breaks the balance of the game, like duping items, or running faster than flee speed, or reacting to outside inputs automatically, are not only frowned upon, but generally still get people banned even today, for good reason.

Not everyone using add-ons is doing it to get an unfair advantage over others, many just want the game to not be a boring chore.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-01-16 17:46:34  

Things like GS/battlemode etc isn't the same as home point warping. GS/Windower and some addon is client side only so that's safe because SE can't detect it.

You are just risking your account warping to homepoint that haven't unlocked yet. It's being discussed years ago on this forum.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 18:39:55  
The funny part is I agree with you, and the mild amount of sarcasm was missed it seems. I did close by adding the edit disclaimer, which basically hinted it would warrant a ban if done wrong.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 18:41:34  
Asura.Frod said: »

New hustle:
Obtain 5 seals (2 from silver mog pell, 1 from intense, 1 from weekly, 1 from buyable npc)
@5mil/win = 25mil. Probably can make 5mil off of remainder of your hallmarks after you break even on your initial cost

I say do this on a mule because you can't trade or send your seals from your mule to your main, so they are just not doing anything for you. You can just stockpile seals for months until an easily buyable one for a moderate price and make bank. I wouldn't really do this on a main because it might make sense to just get full cash from ambu fights.
A couple ls members stockpile seals on mules and just spam them to death when easy for alex/hmp for weapons.

Mercing runs for a zero effort player is win/win, even if they profit off their points still like above, because all during it, i'm making gil off my points and off the merc money too.

I'm a bit slow. I didn't even think of this until we started this discussion up. I have muled a ton of ra/ex gear I don't use, could probably level up my mule and send over some good gear and do the above. I guess these merc conversations are not bad after all.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-16 19:08:46  
Asura.Frod said: »

New hustle:

I'm a bit slow. I didn't even think of this until we started this discussion up. I have muled a ton of ra/ex gear I don't use, could probably level up my mule and send over some good gear and do the above. I guess these merc conversations are not bad after all.
Too bad you can’t send amb gear to your mules :(. If it was I’d have some use out of my 20+ silver vouchers.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 19:15:15  
All Unity gear is sendable, and if i'm not mistaken, non-augmented gear escha/reis gear is also (didn't check). Might be able to farm up a quick set and send it on over, but don't hold me to that.

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-16 19:47:48  
Yeah it's just literally nothing you can get with silver pell is

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-16 21:06:16  
clearlyamule said: »
Yeah it's just literally nothing you can get with silver pell is

This is my point. literslly nothing to buy with silver, better off getting seals and stockpiling until an easy ambu month.
 Valefor.Pixxie
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Pixxie 2018-01-30 22:28:13  
Buying ambu runs for 5m is not profitable at this time. There is an influx of items flooding the AH. You might break even with the Gallantry but it looks iffy.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-30 22:34:43  
Valefor.Pixxie said: »
Buying ambu runs for 5m is not profitable at this time. There is an influx of items flooding the AH. You might break even with the Gallantry but it looks iffy.

As of yesterday it was worth 5.3m not fantastic, but free money is free money.

10800 / 15 = 720 (alex marks) * 5600 = 4,032,000

+ 4500 /200 = 22 (HMP gallantry) * 60,000 = 1,320,000

Call hmp 55k and make 5.2 instead of 5.3

Cinders/Dross are worth more but can only use them once per month