サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-23 13:02:08  
Common misconception;

It's not about SPENDING $20

It's about giving a company that doesn't deserve it $20

*for something that should be free, to boot

They're not even earning/justifying the sub fee, and you want to give them /more/ money.
By fonewear 2017-12-23 13:06:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Common misconception;

It's not about SPENDING $20

It's about giving a company that doesn't deserve it $20

*for something that should be free, to boot

They're not even earning/justifying the sub fee, and you want to give them /more/ money.

If you are worried about paying money to SE just quit. They aren't going to stop charging money for transfers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-23 13:14:14  
Back in the day there was a BG thread that called out the pieces of ***who server transferred, and the community would crowd source sort of a reputation blog, so you couldn't escape the fact that you weren't worth ***. Asura has totally disregarded or done away with any of that, and you can be a piece of ***here with no consequence.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-23 13:15:00  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Back in the day there was a BG thread that called out the pieces of ***who server transferred, and the community would crowd source sort of a reputation blog, so you couldn't escape the fact that you weren't worth ***. Asura has totally disregarded or done away with any of that, and you can be a piece of ***here with no consequence.

They could put a icon on all the terrible people on Asura so you could avoid them lol. Brand them if you will like cattle.

It is true if you think about it. You get a bad rep on whatever server you are on go to Asura. So you can find more people to annoy.

If they really want to milk you for money. You could pay a fee to go from negative reputation to neutral.

People think paying for a transfer is bad people would pay just to not be seen as an ***.

Could vote on reputation of other players once a day.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-23 14:48:02  
fonewear said: »
They could put a icon on all the terrible people on Asura so you could avoid them lol. Brand them if you will like cattle.

They have this; It's a lightblue linkshell
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-23 14:55:41  
Lightblueism?!
By Jetackuu 2017-12-23 15:03:17  
Schizm Gallantry said: »
urprised they haven't compressed more servers by now.

Because it really isn't necessary. You have those that are soloing/multiboxing doing whatever, those that have a tight group of friends who do everything together and then those who suck, most of those have paid to transfer (areas aren't mutually exclusive).
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-12-23 18:24:59  
SE needs to suck it up and make EU NA JP servers... (Really just a JP Server since most don't want nothing to do with us)

GL Danz~ will be missed
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-12-23 19:16:32  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
SE needs to suck it up and make EU NA JP servers
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-24 01:28:12  
In regards to the argument for NA and JP separate servers... think about this -

You have a limited amount of resources. You discover through research that half of your playerbase is active from 0800GMT to 1800GMT, and the other half active from 1200GMT to 0000GMT. Based on server load, you discover that you can accommodate both groups on a single server due to this overlap. why in the blue hell would you invest in more infrastructure to create separate servers for two groups that only overlap by about 10%when one server realistically accommodate both groups at peak times?

Get over the desire for separate NA servers. It doesn't make any sense from a business model for SE to invest in that added infrastructure at this late stage of the game. Ask for realistic stuff.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-24 09:51:39  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
In regards to the argument for NA and JP separate servers... think about this -

You have a limited amount of resources. You discover through research that half of your playerbase is active from 0800GMT to 1800GMT, and the other half active from 1200GMT to 2400GMT. Based on server load, you discover that yippy can accommodate both groups on a single server due to this overlap. why in the blue hell would you invest in more infrastructure to create separate servers for two groups that only overlap by about 10%when one server realistically accommodate both groups at peak times?

Get over the desire for separate NA servers. It doesn't make any sense from a business model for SE to invest in that added infrastructure at this late stage of the game. Ask for realistic stuff.

It would have only made sense from the start not many years into the game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-26 13:44:37  
kireek said: »
SE needs to suck it up and make EU NA JP servers... (Really just a JP Server since most don't want nothing to do with us)

GL Danz~ will be missed

All servers are in Japan so what would be the point? if you mean to just quarantine players? Well that already exists, you can opt into it. JP main server is odin and eu and na main server is asura.

I like playing with JPs, don't know why it's such a big deal to people to the point that they want SE to make dedicated server.

1) They often use interesting strategy that's mostly different from NA. And it's very fun to learn a thing or 2 from them.

2) They are active on none NA prime time so it's nice to be able to get things done at that time if my NA friends are not on.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-26 14:08:32  
As a person that can actually get into jp groups, yeah no issues.

But Ive seen/heard more than a reasonable amount of people not being allowed to join jp groups.

I can see the want for splitting them up.

If I think about it I've probably had an issue with inability to communicate with a jp player that caused a failed event maybe twice in 15 years. communication barriers are not as big a problem as the jp pretend it is.

Most of them are just ***.

The game health overall is better with constant activity aka; having all countries able to play together, but it's disgusting the way jponry act. You're very hard pressed to find someone say NAONRY.
By fonewear 2017-12-26 14:28:34  
Afania said: »

GL Danz~ will be missed

All servers are in Japan so what would be the point? if you mean to just quarantine players? Well that already exists, you can opt into it. JP main server is odin and eu and na main server is asura.

I like playing with JPs, don't know why it's such a big deal to people to the point that they want SE to make dedicated server.

1) They often use interesting strategy that's mostly different from NA. And it's very fun to learn a thing or 2 from them.

2) They are active on none NA prime time so it's nice to be able to get things done at that time if my NA friends are not on.

Back when the game first was released in America I primarily leveled up with Japanese. And I never found it difficult to party or do most content with them.
By Afania 2017-12-26 14:31:37  
As a person that can actually get into jp groups, yeah no issues.

But Ive seen/heard more than a reasonable amount of people not being allowed to join jp groups.

I can see the want for splitting them up.

I don't use windower, therefore I can't type JP. I know a bit of romanji, but lately I just auto translate all things.

I can understand JP shout but not their convo in /p, since the sentence structure in shout is much easier to understand than when they are having a conversation. So that all the advantage that I have over another guy that reads zero JP.

I would say about 50% of JP would reject me, but certainly not all. Some JP are actually fine for easy stuff like ambuscade. After a while it's easy to learn who will invite NA and who will not, and it got easy to avoid JP onry shouters.

Its also depend on job. Roles like DD we just engage and hit things. Jobs like RDM or tank, there's always a chance to *** up if they use different strategy. Sometimes I just add a couple of sentence in tell to show that I know what to do, like "RDM <do you need it>, <sleepga> ok."

That being said, even if someone never get jp pt invite nor able to read shout content, at least JP players still provide a source of manpower for PUG leader.

Case to the point I was doing ambu yesterday and we were 5/6 missing a healer (usually the hardest role to find), it was late so we couldn't get any NA. We just shout and got a JP whm in less than 5 min. The fact that late PST time is evening JPT means there will be people available to pick up at that time.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-12-26 14:38:24  
You must be lucky to be able to play with jps on your servers. Ours avoid us like the plague.

I am more then happy to play with them but I feel they dont.

I rather se allow us to transfer servers on the whim really like guuldwars2 does...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-26 14:38:39  
The game health overall is better with constant activity aka; having all countries able to play together, but it's disgusting the way jponry act. You're very hard pressed to find someone say NAONRY.

No, NAs just demand REMAs for Capacity Points and Sinister Reign and SMN for everything else. Everyone has their preferences.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-26 14:42:29  

No, NAs just demand REMAs for Capacity Points and Sinister Reign and SMN for everything else. Everyone has their preferences.

No they're just retards, it has nothing to do with nationality.

Then again, 9/10 americans are retards, so maybe it is because of nationality...

Most people are just happy to do any *** content they can get into. But it's the idiots that have the self confidence (misplaced) to be the ones that run the content.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-12-26 14:43:03  
No, Asura just demand REMAs for Capacity Points and Sinister Reign and SMN for everything else. Everyone has their preferences

Fixed
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-26 14:46:08  
I don't know I thought the only reason to get a REM weapon was so you could glow. That is why I did it.
By fonewear 2017-12-26 14:52:31  
As far as Japanese vs everyone else. They probably feel it is their game and we are just guests.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-12-26 15:43:03  
Cp... lol..

Just give every player a free server transfer and let us sort it out... make it monthly

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-12-26 16:03:20  
Guildwars 2 does

Anywayyyy

SE needs figure something out... squiggly lines from 8pm to 2am est is boring to read...
By Bongarippa 2017-12-26 16:46:17  
Guildwars 2 does

Anywayyyy

SE needs figure something out... squiggly lines from 8pm to 2am est is boring to read...

Dont even see the squiggly lines most nights in our ghost town.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2017-12-27 14:19:28  

GL Danz~ will be missed

I don't get why anyone complains about server merges, most of the people who are still playing on other servers are happy with how it is because they have friends that they do content with on those servers and don't want queues or competition. If you're someone that only lives off shouts and you're paying over a hundred dollars a year to play the game in the first place, paying an extra $8 for a transfer is nothing.

If you refuse to pay that $8 and still complain you're an idiot, especially if you look at ffxiv which also could use merges on many servers and recently just added a new cash shop mount that costs $25. If you think the devs working on this game don't deserve it you ain't seen nothing.

Technically with properly designed infrastructure this would be moot, as you could just scale. But then again we're talking about an infrastructure that's used to support a game that's over a decade old.
[+]
 Asura.Mystryman
user: FriskyFan
By Asura.Mystryman 2018-01-07 09:24:08  
To actually answer the OP’s question... I have a really nice social/helpful shell on Asura. Mostly returned/returning/new people. I won’t stand for elitist people and if someone gets out of line with other members they get booted. Drama free zone. Let me know if you come this way and are interested!
[+]