New ranger looking for help

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-14 23:52:37  
Asura.Ajamu said: »
Sup. I don't mean to rub it in or show off but I got a Nisroch Jerkin from the gobbie using anniversary key and while I don't even have ranger unlocked.....

It's always these guys with all the luck.
[+]
By Staleyx 2017-12-15 04:57:41  
Why are you worried about rng level smn.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:14:33  
Asura.Ajamu said: »
Sup. I don't mean to rub it in or show off but I got a Nisroch Jerkin from the gobbie using anniversary key and while I don't even have ranger unlocked I thought I would unlock it, level it up and try to gear it out because I got this omen body and I would really hate to see it go to waste and it seems like a nice start at 99 with such an item.

So I did some research here and basically I use Oshosi when double shot is up and then switch to Nisroch when double shot is down unless I need that extra accuracy I use AF body+3 correct? Just want to be sure. Don't worry about Oshosi body +1 because I don't care to grind gazillions of gil for +1 this or that.

I played ranger back at 75 cap on another account I used to have so I am not really familiar with ranger today. Can someone explain to me this preshot and midshot set stuff? To my understanding before I shoot the gear should reflect a preshot set and while I am shooting then I should macro in a midshot set? I just don't understand. Also the guide here seems kinda outdated so if anyone has a link to a guide on how to play ranger right, what the correct merits to get are, starter sets, sub jobs, etc. that would be fantastic.

One final question. What is the best set of weapons to have at 99 outside of RMEA?

Thanks!

Just head over to the ranger guide thread. But getting one piece of armor isn't a reason to level a job.
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
サーバ: Asura
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2017-12-15 07:57:48  
First off, *** YOU!!!!

Now that is out of the way. Personally, if it were me, i would be more inclined to level COR instead of RNG, RNG is used very little, especially considering most people can't see any strat passed "Throw SMNs at it". So if you want to level something just because you got that body, do COR, it is still very much used and would give you a better return for your time.

Personally though, i think you just trolling.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-15 09:17:53  
You're trolling on level 9000. You could have very easily left out the part about getting that body and not rubbing it in (which ironically is rubbing it in) and just asked your question. You went out of your way to mention you don't have the job levelled or even unlocked. There's several dozen pages of RNG information you could peruse through in the time it would take you to unlock rng + 99 it + gear it properly. You have time, your RNG isn't going anywhere.

This is trolling of the highest grade sir. Own it.
[+]
 Asura.Patb
サーバ: Asura
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2017-12-15 10:52:03  
The piece isn't even BiS for anything for ranger if I'm not mistaken. Just level and gear up COR and don't worry about ranger.
By Afania 2017-12-15 22:13:11  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You're trolling on level 9000. You could have very easily left out the part about getting that body and not rubbing it in (which ironically is rubbing it in) and just asked your question. You went out of your way to mention you don't have the job levelled or even unlocked. There's several dozen pages of RNG information you could peruse through in the time it would take you to unlock rng + 99 it + gear it properly. You have time, your RNG isn't going anywhere.

This is trolling of the highest grade sir. Own it.

Not really, since access to jerkin affects how he could gear, logically it is important to mention that he has access to it before asking for gear advice.

Otherwise youd just see people post sets assuming he doesnt have one and leave it out.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-15 22:31:33  
Asura.Patb said: »
The piece isn't even BiS for anything for ranger if I'm not mistaken. Just level and gear up COR and don't worry about ranger.

In comparison to Orion +3, Nisroch is:
-15 racc
-1 STP
+10 Crit rate
+5 True shot

If able to utilize the True Shot, there is absolutely no contest. If not, then it's a bit closer, but it's going to be very hard for 1 STP to beat 10 crit rate. The piece benefits COR a good amount more than RNG, as COR's only other reliable option is Mummu +2, but it's still good for RNG, too.

As for the OP. If trolling, meh. If not, precast set incorporates Snapshot and Rapid Shot, midcast set is your racc/ratk/STP/crit stuff. The guide is outdated, but read through the Preshot, Midshot, and Utility threads for good gearing advice.
[+]