users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » lolDrg?
lolDrg?
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2017-11-09 17:55:38  
Is it fair to say that Drg is truly still the "lol" job in ffxi?

I'm tired of trying to join content on Drg only to be told "lolDrg". Yet, ironically, I'm often still allowed to come along for melee-based content. I seem to find that Mnk is almost never permitted into content vastly more commonly than Drg. Should Mnk perhaps become the new "lol" job instead of Drg? I don't know, but I'm fairly sure that the title no longer associates Drg in modern ffxi.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-11-09 18:23:11  
LOLDRG

It can be pretty decent if geared well. But it takes some real effort to make it compete with other DDs. It's fun as hell to play.

DRG is in a pretty good place right now compared to the old days. They have a +15% Attack Boost from Smite.

Combined with buffs from the Wyvern.

Quote:
While alive the Wyvern gives a variety of effects to the Dragoon.
20% Attack Bonus
20% Defense Bonus
10% Job Ability Haste
15% Double Attack (Only possible though Job Points)

Also Spirit Link now gives you 50% of the Wyverns TP. Dragoons can also have a huge amount of accuracy through gifts. Trishula is also pretty nice for skillchain spam.

I ended up maxing out Empathy, and Spirit Link.

The only real downside is in Zerg situations. Stardiver and even Impulse Drive fall behind Resolution and other weaponskills. Though with proper ws damage gear, Impulse Drive can see some nice numbers. Especially when used with a Trishula/Moonshade/Savagery Warcry.

It mainly loses out on damage if it cannot pump out skillchains constantly.

It's also pretty powerful on any Dragons. Its worth taking to the Domain invasion next week for Ancient Circle. Also Arguably worth bringing along on Kouryu for the DD Party on phase 2.

The main problem with DRG in the past, and even now. There are tons of bad Dragoons out there that do not pull their weight. But it seems like people playing today are more willing to correct their gear issues.

Smaller servers may also have more close-minded people. I didn't really get to come DRG to stuff until I proved myself. It's not really their fault for thinking that way though.

Sometimes you just really need to spank somebody on a parse.

The job has it's limitations, but can still do great things.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-11-09 19:01:47  
Thought this was one of those necro bumps.
[+]