Pet Provoke GS Line (PUP)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Pet Provoke GS line (PUP)
Pet Provoke GS line (PUP)
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-08-11 18:47:07  
I am not quite sure how to implement a provoke set for my pet.

What do I want: When the Pet uses "Strobe" / "Strobe II" to provoke, I wanna Equip (Set of armor goes here).

I managed to do that for When pet WS but not sure yet how to do it when it uses Provoke / Flash.

any ideas?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-08-11 20:42:02  
you can't and it doesn't work for weapon skill either
By clearlyamule 2017-08-11 21:49:25  
Can't really do it for anything. It has an AI it does it's own thing you can't set anything up to swap gear before the game tells you it's already doing it's own thing. Best you can do is manually anticipate
By Asura.Kuroganashi 2017-08-12 00:48:07  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
you can't and it doesn't work for weapon skill either
Wrong it does work for WS

I made it work but can't figure out for provoke.
Code
sets.midcast.Pet.Weaponskill = {neck="Empath Necklace",head="Karagoz Capello",body="Tali'ah Manteel +1",hands="Karagoz Guanti",legs="Kara. Pantaloni +1",feet="Naga Kyahan",back="Dispersal Mantle",ear1="Burana Earring",ear2="Enmerkar Earring",waist="Incarnation Sash",ring1="Overbearing Ring",ring2="Varar Ring"}

and
Code
function job_pet_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if petWeaponskills:contains(spell.english) then
        classes.CustomClass = "Weaponskill"
    end
end

clearlyamule said: »
Can't really do it for anything. It has an AI it does it's own thing you can't set anything up to swap gear before the game tells you it's already doing it's own thing. Best you can do is manually anticipate

I still think there must a way to do it, "Impossible" is no on my vocabulary.

Where there is a will there is a way. (Just lazy to mess with it right now) but was wondering if anybody already had done and then all I needed to do was implement.

^^;
 Leviathan.Stamos
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-08-12 01:01:22  
It swaps after. It doesn't work. You have to manually swap for it, preemptively.
By clearlyamule 2017-08-12 01:04:29  
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »
clearlyamule said: »

Where there is a will there is a way. (Just lazy to mess with it right now) but was wondering if anybody already had done and then all I needed to do was implement.

^^;
You'd literally have to make the program predict the future. Good luck on that
 Asura.Psylo
サーバ: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-08-12 02:53:19  
idealy, the pet provoke asap when the recast is done, so you can made a maccro to swap to pet enimity gear before the recast go off, its the only way to do that.

Anyway, if you have set fiber 1/2 and strobe 1/2 and use 1 light and 2 fire when tanking, your pet generate 157.5 enimity when provoke each 30s, should be enough i think ^^
[+]
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2017-08-12 04:57:40  
Asura.Kuroganashi said: »

^^;
To better explain why this doesn't work, the server first generates and executes the ability/weapon skill for your pet on the server-end. During this time, it takes the gear you're currently wearing and applies those stats to your pet.

Afterwards, it sends over the action packet to your character, which takes a few milliseconds to reach your client. This packet contains details on the animation and effect to play on your automaton, along with the chat message to print (and various other details).

It is at this point that Gearswap sees the packet and swaps your equipment to your Strobe/Provoke/Pet WS set. However, the pet has already long since executed the command on the server-end, so your newly swapped set does nothing to enhance the actions it has already performed.

So as others have said in this thread, you'll either need to have the set on in advance or somehow predict the future.
 Bismarck.Nariont
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nariont
By Bismarck.Nariont 2017-08-12 05:43:47  
All the pet ws gearswap does is swap it after the ws is done, making it effectively pointless, the best thing you can do for both is to make an equipset, use it prior to ws/voke/flash and gs will swap back to your tp/idle/whatever after it goes off.