New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ruinator
Ruinator
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2017-07-31 02:30:51  
I am playing around with my WAR right now and trying to put together a DW TP set and Ruinator WS set. Everything I have found has been geared towards 2H builds. Logically, I would think I could use the sets built for Ragnarok/Resolution and just swap in my Axes instead. Thoughts?

Is Ruinator affected by Multi-hit or Crit stats?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-31 08:38:40  
Ruinator is 85% STR 1.08 fTP and copies fTP on all hits, it doesn't crit and damage doesn't scale with TP. Rampage is 50% STR 1.0 fTP, has it's fTP transfer to all hits and can crit. Mistral Axe is one hit, 50% STR and damage dramatically scales with TP.

Your DW build is basically going to the be the same as a Rag res spam but more focus on multi-hit and you want Emicho Hands with path D along with Suppa as you need to hit 35~36% DW total DW.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-07-31 12:25:45  
I found Ruinator to be underwhelming. Dual wield swords is pretty sick though.

Oh so I did find out that Rampage and Decimation may have ftp copied on all hits. I remember reading this on an nupdate thread on BG.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/124376-December-10th-Update-Weaponskill-Adjustments-testing?p=6292137&viewfull=1#post6292137

When I messed with axes. Rampage was beating Ruinator/Decimation hands down.

With Warcry up you may want to use Mistral Axe/Calamity.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-31 12:42:32  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I found Ruinator to be underwhelming. Dual wield swords is pretty sick though.

Vorpal Blade is very powerful due to it's fTP copy mechanic. Rampage is about the same as Vorpal and really depends on the weapons and gear you are using. Ruinator is useful as a SC linker because it's Distortion and Mistral / Decimation are Fusion. Cloudsplitter is Frag and a completely different animal then all the rest.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2017-08-01 12:06:17  
I'm working on a Cloudsplitter build as well, but I assumed the TP build was the same regardless.

Vorpal is pretty good, but what swords would cause a better output than dualwielding Barbarity's for the WSD bonus for Rampage/Ruinator?
By clearlyamule 2017-08-01 12:25:31  
Asura.Sthrnrebel said: »
I'm working on a Cloudsplitter build as well, but I assumed the TP build was the same regardless.

Vorpal is pretty good, but what swords would cause a better output than dualwielding Barbarity's for the WSD bonus for Rampage/Ruinator?
wsd only applies to the first hit so that's not really a huge selling point for those ws with axe though the high dmg and str and att are. Anyways some pretty good swds...Tanmogayi +1, Reikiko, Firangi. Also quite possible savage blade would be better than Vorpal
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-01 15:18:07  

You know WSD only effects the first hit of a WS... meaning that axe is pretty bad for those two WS's but is great for Mistral Axe. For Rampage / Ruinator you want augmented Digirbalag's.

Swords is Tanmogayi +1 + Reikiko
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-08-01 15:18:36  

Don't laugh but I was rocking a Tanmoguy+1/Sangarius+1 and it parsed pretty well on stuff like Ambu.

That was before I noticed that Sangarius only had +228 Skill :/

I'm kind of at a loss now. 3%DA/3%TA/HP Drain is pretty sick off hand. Primary Accuracy with only Sublime Sushi is 1274 and Aux. is 1262

No luck winning lots on Reikiko just yet.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-01 15:35:03  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Some I'm kind of at a loss now.

NQ Tanmoguy or Fettering for your off hand, even Uson if necessary.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2017-08-02 12:07:04  
I have Tan+1 from my BLU and Fettering from my COR. I can give those a go and build a good Savage Blade set off that until I finish my Farsha, then try Farsha/Tan+1?
 Leviathan.Vedder
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-08-02 12:13:11  
Is sang crappy then? Was thinking of grabbing a couple since I only have flyssa/combuster/fettering/demersal
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-02 12:13:36  
I have Tan+1 from my BLU and Fettering from my COR. I can give those a go and build a good Savage Blade set off that until I finish my Farsha, then try Farsha/Tan+1?

Are you only spamming Savage Blade? If so dual wielding is doing it wrong, the reason SB is so powerful on WAR is the obscene Fencer bonus WAR gets while doing Sword + Shield. If you want to dual wield then it's Vorpal or Rampage / Ruin as your better WS's.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2017-08-02 12:27:21  
I haven't done any of this yet. I'm researching before I set into motion.

My thing is, with the obscene Fencer bonus, and new gear possibilities available to WAR, I am working on AGing my Farsha and trying to go for a Cloudsplitter focus. Of course, just like COR, I can't focus solely on a magic-based WS, so trying to adjust for TP and physical in the mean time.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-02 12:49:47  
My thing is, with the obscene Fencer bonus, and new gear possibilities available to WAR, I am working on AGing my Farsha and trying to go for a Cloudsplitter focus.

For axe you have Cloudsplitter and Mistral Axe, both work amazing with Fencer builds along with Savage Blade. Fencer from WAR main gives 500 TP Bonus, gifts add another 230 TP Bonus and Blurred +1 adds 50 TP Bonus, that is 780 TP Bonus on WS's that have dramatic damage scaling. Moonshade just exaggerates it further.

Here is the TP Growth for those WS's

1250TP = Regular
2030TP = Fencer

Quote:
Mistral Axe

1250TP = 5.625
2030TP = 10.908

Cloud Splitter

1250TP = 4.4873
2030TP = 6.7532

Savage Blade

1250TP = 5.5625 (+1.0 from second hit)
2030TP = 10.355 (+1.0 from second hit)

Mistral and Savage nearly double their power, especially since WSD only applies to that first hit. Cloud increases by about 40~50%. There is one down side to fencer builds, their TP gain rate is slower because you won't be hitting attack speed cap unless there is a DNC in the party with Haste Samba, thus your TP gain is slower then DW or 2H setups. This makes DW or 2H setups better for pure DPS while fencer becomes a situational tool for when it's needed.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2017-08-02 13:30:07  
Until I finish my Farsha, which Axe would you recommend I aim for? Seems like Barbarity isn't as good as I previously thought since I'm focusing on multi-hit weaponskills.

With that being said as well, I just finished my first WAR cape from Ambuscade. I did STR+30 Acc/Atk+20 WSD+10%. Should I change the WSD to something else since WSD isn't as effective?
By clearlyamule 2017-08-02 13:51:34  
Barbarity still good just because of the other DD stats just not as good as it would be for single hit/magical (and you can already start your cs builds). I'd just make another cape for multi/crit ws
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-02 16:37:28  
Until I finish my Farsha, which Axe would you recommend I aim for? Seems like Barbarity isn't as good as I previously thought since I'm focusing on multi-hit weaponskills.

With that being said as well, I just finished my first WAR cape from Ambuscade. I did STR+30 Acc/Atk+20 WSD+10%. Should I change the WSD to something else since WSD isn't as effective?

You are a WAR, your first cape should be STR / Acc / Atk and DA +10 and could be both a TP and a Resolution cape, also works for multi-hit WS's that use STR. Later you can make a VIT WSD one a STR WSD one and even a STR Crit one who's usefullness is kinda debatable.

Your Axe question was already answered.

Asura.Saevel said: »
For Rampage / Ruinator you want augmented Digirbalag's.