users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » This is for obvious reasons
This is for obvious reasons
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 10:39:20  
So I was looking in the forums to find if anyone suggested changes for monk and the devs responded. Then I saw this.

"I still agree with myself, but would like to add:
* Please do not lock any/all new recipes behind the shields. I'm legitimately concerned that the devs may consider doing this even though it's a horrible idea."

So let me get this straight the game is trying to keep us playing hence they add new things to acquire by doing things crafters have all done "synth." But damnit don't put a requirement to get some new synths with KI by doing the shields? If they didn't put a requirement on these recipes most would see no reason on why to do the shields in the first place. So basically "I want new challenges and things but don't make me work for them." Jesus seems the type of players these days are either new or haven't played since the beginning. No wonder SE is confused what to do to make this game continue. "They want new things and items to acquire but damnit make it extremely easy with 3 mins of work." Challenges or new things take time to make the game continue being available if they made everything fast and instant the game would have been deleted years ago. Now begin the trolling:
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-21 10:50:42  
The shields were useful to begin with. They allowed you to break tiers on ALL HQ hands/legs. The new recipes seem to cap higher than 120 judging by break rates without support, so they might not even have been HQable without shields.

All of that in mind, I think locking a batch of recipes behind shields was unnecessary and served to try to force people to do shield rather than innovating new content.

On the other hand, it gives the shields a distinguished advantage over kupo shield, at least to the extent that you need to make them.

I can see a decent argument for either side, but I can't say I fully support them locking things behind the shields.

Edit: I also liked that it prevented an immediate influx of the new gear.. if not for it being on daily goblin. They should have left it off goblin for the first 2 months.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 10:57:12  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The shields were useful to begin with. They allowed you to break tiers on ALL HQ hands/legs. The new recipes seem to cap higher than 120 judging by break rates without support, so they might not even have been HQable without shields.

All of that in mind, I think locking a batch of recipes behind shields was unnecessary and served to try to force people to do shield rather than innovating new content.

On the other hand, it gives the shields a distinguished advantage over kupo shield, at least to the extent that you need to make them.

I can see a decent argument for either side, but I can't say I fully support them locking things behind the shields.

Edit: I also liked that it prevented an immediate influx of the new gear.. if not for it being on daily goblin. They should have left it off goblin for the first 2 months.
First time I'm saying this: I agree with your points on all of this. I think the players that find the recipes locked behind shields it helps not only keep it going but not an annoying spam of the same thing which makes pointless to make. At first I was annoyed at the KI requirement but after doing it on one main craft it makes total sense. Then again my first love is crafting in this game.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-21 12:41:13  
Outside of the annoyances of some of the trials, most crafters I know appreciate the gating of some gear behind the shields. It is so easy to 110 a craft these days, and even guild points got a huge bump, there needs to be something related to crafting that requires some time. It also has kept many of the Su3 pieces close to cost for the nq, which is very healthy. If you want to see hqs of this gear, keeping the nqs financially sound for the crafter is a great way to do it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 12:45:42  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Outside of the annoyances of some of the trials, most crafters I know appreciate the gating of some gear behind the shields. It is so easy to 110 a craft these days, and even guild points got a huge bump, there needs to be something related to crafting that requires some time. It also has kept many of the Su3 pieces close to cost for the nq, which is very healthy. If you want to see hqs of this gear, keeping the nqs financially sound for the crafter is a great way to do it.
Very true like I said I was annoyed at first then I understood it. But obvious we have whiners still posting on SE forums wanting it "easier." I won't post who wrote it so they do not get trolling messages.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-21 12:48:22  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
I won't post who wrote it so they do not get trolling messages.
Oh please do.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 12:49:51  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Oh please do.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-21 12:58:12  
Oh please do.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-21 13:10:45  
Oh please do.
The power of the dark side nooo!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-21 15:09:03  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
easy enough to test if you are craft 105 on a mule. try the new synth and if it fails to let you execute attempt, it means they are higher than 120.

Yea, but you need the shield and it's silly to think anyone would have made a shield before 110ing. Would need someone to voluntarily delevel, which is a stretch. Doesn't really matter, just another anecdote(making recipes wouldnt be too useful if you needed the shield or kupo shield to be able to hq em).
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-07-21 15:49:45  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Yea, but you need the shield and it's silly to think anyone would have made a shield before 110ing. Would need someone to voluntarily delevel, which is a stretch. Doesn't really matter, just another anecdote(making recipes wouldnt be too useful if you needed the shield or kupo shield to be able to hq em).

you referring to creating a system where you simply cannot HQ w/o a shield, or where you break a tier w/ said shield and therfore it just becomes realistic to attempt to HQ vs insane odds? Because that would be interesting....a reverse NQ ring if you will.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-22 19:11:47  
Nah, was just referring to it as is. You cannot HQ if your current skill is below the item's skill cap. As the shield is required to attain 123-124, and the recipes are likely in that range, it would have been a self imposed limitation.
[+]