user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-07-12 10:37:53  
They sell for 100M all day on Asura, was serious offer. :O
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 10:46:51  
There's 500 more bonecrafters on Asura than Odin, though.

Too much demand for a niche piece. (for a niche job)
 Sylph.Gobbo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2017-07-12 11:10:59  
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
for a niche piece. (for a niche job)

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-12 11:16:27  

Facts. Hence the history of whistle +1 on Odin. But that's why there are different servers different economies etc.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-07-12 11:25:23  
Odin.Drakenv said: »

Facts. Hence the history of whistle +1 on Odin. But that's why there are different servers different economies etc.

History of Moonbow whistle on your server is due to lack of crafters and lack of demand for the current asking price. You can sit on it for a few months to try and get 300M out of it, but anyone who was smart would pay to server transfer and snag it from Asura for 100M. Nonetheless, good luck! :)
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-12 11:28:14  
Asura.Slyshenx said: »

History of Moonbow whistle on your server is due to lack of crafters and lack of demand for the current asking price. You can sit on it for a few months to try and get 300M out of it, but anyone who was smart would pay to server transfer and snag it from Asura for 100M. Nonetheless, good luck! :)
This is a fact and so far I would say 2 weeks not months. But there are plenty of people that would probably complain on some of your prices from other servers but luckily they act like adults and ignore it. But then again doesn't mean I'm asking for 300 mil loll technically the last one I put on the AH was less then 300mil but the guy put in 310 crazy world.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 11:30:25  
there are plenty of people that would ... act like adults
I call ***.

Not just any ***. *** from the finest cows in California.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-12 11:31:41  
there are plenty of people that would ... act like adults
I call ***.

Not just any ***. *** from the finest cows in California.
Lol
By ocean 2017-07-12 12:34:03  
Personally I think the +1s have been duped and that the issue has been resolved. There hasn't been a +1 stikini/moonbow in a few days and the varar/was+1s supply has remained the same. I guess we'll see.

I've worked on a few deals with Drakenv and although I haven't made a purchase, we've negotiated pricing on a few items. If server transfer hadn't been an issue I would have very likely spent at least a few hundred mil with this crafter.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 12:37:06  
ocean said: »
Personally I think the +1s have been duped and that the issue has been resolved.
How can you dupe a synth?

/serious question
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-12 13:00:27  
If they were duped, it probably wasn't through the synth itself. Recall duping has been around forever and though not many people use it, I wouldn't be shocked if it were involved in this.

Put a pile of high value items on an older mule. Access the mule from a seperate IP and 'steal' the items to another character on the seperate IP. Original mule's owner files a stolen character report and gets a rollback. Items doubled.

Repeat a few weeks later, 4x items.

Repeat again, 8x items.

There are other methods that have allowed people to generate arbitrary items or even copy items, resulting from SE's ineptitude in leaving buffer overruns and downright bad code in some menu interactions. As far as I know, none of them still exist, but it's entirely possible one went undiscovered or was recently introduced.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-12 13:04:38  
Also, pretty obvious something was/is going on with the whistles. At a 1/64 HQ rate with a material cost of 1.5m(cyan) + 2m(moonbow stone) + 300k(moonbow urushi) you're looking at an expected cost of 243.2m to make a batch of ~55 NQs and 1 HQ. With NQs under 1m on most servers and highly flooded, best case you're reclaiming about 55M leaving an out of pocket cost of around 190M. If you shop around cross server and don't mess up market, you might be able to get it down to 150M or so loss to produce a whistle, best case scenario.

Obviously, nobody is routinely spending 190M to sell an item for 100M. Could be hoarded from the equipment exploit(T1 would reduce cost to produce to 60.8m for ~13 NQs and a HQ). Could be from recall duping, could be a bigger exploit somewhere. They did an awful lot of extra maintenances this month, if it is patched it would make sense.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-12 13:18:41  
Hmm out of all servers asura is the only one for 100mil and have more then 2 on the AH per month. July was insane for asura I see on these. Who knows at the end of the day no factual proof just hmmm.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-12 13:51:41  
Hmm out of all servers asura is the only one for 100mil and have more then 2 on the AH per month.
Naw, somehow we went from selling 1 in February, 1 in March, and then 10 so far in July.

Something smells, and it's not the fish.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-07-12 16:23:32  
Hmm out of all servers asura is the only one for 100mil and have more then 2 on the AH per month.
Naw, somehow we went from selling 1 in February, 1 in March, and then 10 so far in July.

Something smells, and it's not the fish.

Equipment exploit to stuff every slot witb a torque is still alive and kicking. You can see it in other gear like varar rings, most abjuration stuff and other moon pieces from omen mats.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-12 16:25:50  
it actually isn't, you can no longer do it

if people had the gear equipped already and SE didn't ban them, it's possible they are still using it though
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-07-18 20:40:21  
Sold