フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » POL-4002 DC every 20-30 mins
POL-4002 DC every 20-30 mins
 Asura.Lior
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2017-07-09 12:33:13  
Hi everyone,

so I came back to FFXI after taking a break for a year. Got Windows 10 to run smooth on my system, but FFXI is letting me down now: I am getting the POL-4002 error followed by POL-0512 every 20-30 minutes, sometimes I manage to stay on longer regardless of what I do. It is really frustrating me right now :(

Vanilla FFXI, auto DC after 20mins idle is off. I also entered the TCP/UDP into my router like SE suggested...

So please, if anyone knows what this is caused by or can come up with help would be much appreciated.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-07-09 12:59:26  
Sounds like a router issue, or other computers on the network. Try connecting directly to your modem via ethernet when you are able and see if it happens. Try it in the middle of the night when noone else is on if you have to, just to isolate that it may be a new router needed.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-07-09 13:03:38  
seconding that, seen it on an ancient linksys router back in 2008~ and again recently when i picked up a top of the line linksys EA7500 router

not sure if it's a coincidence both were linksys, but allowing my much lower specced netgear r6300v2 to handle the routing resolved it for me
[+]
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-07-09 15:00:12  
i get this quite a bit too, using WTR54G Router. had it for years and years, and its just getting bad now.
 Ifrit.Showmo
サーバ: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2017-07-09 19:13:15  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
seconding that, seen it on an ancient linksys router back in 2008~ and again recently when i picked up a top of the line linksys EA7500 router

not sure if it's a coincidence both were linksys, but allowing my much lower specced netgear r6300v2 to handle the routing resolved it for me
Had the same exact issue back in 2005-2006. I went through 3 different Linksys routers (two of which were different models). After constant disconnects and router returns, I said screw it and decided to try a different brand (which happened to be Netgear as well). Haven't had any issues since.
By Jetackuu 2017-07-09 22:08:19  
Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
i get this quite a bit too, using WTR54G Router. had it for years and years, and its just getting bad now.

Have you tried cfw on it yet? Edit: I had a WRT54GS for years and never ran into this issue, in fact the only issue I had with it was a NAT error on the xbox garbage. It's been running on cfw for so long though. Also if I recall correctly it's like a v1, which may have a lot to do with it.
 Asura.Lior
By Asura.Lior 2017-07-10 01:49:25  
Thanks for the replys ppl. I don't own a TP-Link, Linksys or Netgear router. The name of my modem/router is "Speedport w724v". If I really happen to need a new router... well, that would suck for me >.<
My wife offered to install FFXI on her notebook, so I can see if it runs on Win7 without dcing... For the moment I can only hope that it is an issue within Win10 :/
By zaxtiss 2017-07-10 08:51:40  
i prefer windows 7 to 10 my self it should run on the notebook. imo though you should get a wireless fullsize keyboard so you don't have to use the compacted keyboard its just to weird to play on that
 Asura.Lior
By Asura.Lior 2017-07-10 14:23:23  
Posting here what I did to fix this issue in case someone else is experience these kind of dcs:
- On the POL screen, go to "Network Settings" and enable the connection check.
- Speedport: Enable both 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz band
- Speedport: 2,4GHz Enable bgn, uncheck max 300Mbit
- Speedport: 5 GHz use ac

Thats it. I can't tell what did the trick at the end but I'm just happy to play FFXI properly again now :)
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2017-07-20 18:16:03  
Jetackuu said: »
Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »

Have you tried cfw on it yet? Edit: I had a WRT54GS for years and never ran into this issue, in fact the only issue I had with it was a NAT error on the xbox garbage. It's been running on cfw for so long though. Also if I recall correctly it's like a v1, which may have a lot to do with it.

late reply, but yes, i have a very old (2006) version of thibor hyper ddwrt on it. this is a VERY old router. 12+ years at least.