Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-07-05 07:20:51  
post stuff on this fight here please.
 Bismarck.Issymo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: issymo
By Bismarck.Issymo 2017-07-05 07:38:00  
Tried this on VE. There was an eye, a ninja and a ranger. The eye is squishy to piercing and did death. Ninja might possibly do Mijin Gakure but uncertain.
 Odin.Blizzy
サーバ: Odin
user: Blizzit
By Odin.Blizzy 2017-07-05 07:59:46  
YouTube Video Placeholder

I think this months ambuscade is a recycle of one from a few months back. PLD or RUN to super tank.
Geo frailty fury entrust "whatever you need" stun eyes tp moves
brd buff and sleep adds
whm standard role
dd x2
kill all the adds first, eye last.
watch out for i think it was excal mob can eat your tank and dds. think vd takes aprox 6 min to do.
[+]
By kishr 2017-07-05 08:24:18  
Just solod the vd upping video in a sec
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-07-05 08:45:01  
Can I ask what that addon is that shows all the buffs? I need that for my whm.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-05 08:48:18  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Can I ask what that addon is that shows all the buffs? I need that for my whm.

https://github.com/KenshiDRK/Addons/tree/master/PartyBuffs
[+]
By tyalangan 2017-07-05 09:48:22  
Did anyone figure out a work-around to Excal En-Light? If I recall we would have a blu tank Excal with Occultation but I'm sure there is a safer way. Noticed the Rune in the video above did not get destroyed by the En-damage. Do their JAs lower the en-spell damage enough to straight tank Excal?
By zaxtiss 2017-07-05 10:00:23  
was that a light based or dark based sleep use in the vid anyone notice? i missed it.
By tyalangan 2017-07-05 10:02:23  
zaxtiss said: »
was that a light based or dark based sleep use in the vid anyone notice? i missed it.

Light. Bard used Horde.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2017-07-05 10:20:55  
Can assume we can just use this ye olde thread for this month as well:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50544/ambuscade-volume-1-march-2017/
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-07-05 10:40:57  
tyalangan said: »
Did anyone figure out a work-around to Excal En-Light? If I recall we would have a blu tank Excal with Occultation but I'm sure there is a safer way. Noticed the Rune in the video above did not get destroyed by the En-damage. Do their JAs lower the en-spell damage enough to straight tank Excal?
Excal additional effect isn't enlight. It's physical slashing damage that at least for players and looks like for this is 1/4 the users current hp. So kill fast, don't get hit or have a ton of pdt or other physical damage reduction buffs
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2017-07-05 20:35:02  
Ok, I got the addon, but all the icons are really small, is there any way I can make them bigger? There is no real readme for it. and the settings file is basically an empty xml.
 Carbuncle.Deathhaven
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Deathhaven 2017-07-05 21:08:38  
How do you get the buffs to pop up next to the name? anyone mind sharing their timers.xml?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-05 22:45:33  
Ok, I got the addon, but all the icons are really small, is there any way I can make them bigger? There is no real readme for it. and the settings file is basically an empty xml.

I'd like some info as well. I can't even find the file.

God, I'm such a real life Galka.

:(
By clearlyamule 2017-07-06 01:29:29  
So some things to add. We now have AATT which will open with ES sleepga II which works on all the non eye mobs. Also if you have a pup the auto basically ignores all the nasty stuff the eye does so can throw it on there from the beginning really. As long as it keeps hate and away from others
By DanielH 2017-07-06 01:44:57  

Use a bulk resize tool on the images in the icon folder to resize them to 20x20.
By benitez 2017-07-06 08:39:25  
Anyone seeing issues with Emnity on the Fomor? We went in trying the supertank with a Paladin, but emnity was very wierd. Sometimes, the Paladin would charge in, the eye would go after them, and the fomor would charge straight toward the back line of our party. We tried having everyone but the tank hold off buffs till hate is established, Super Tanking, Tank engaging the Eye, Engaging a fomor, and variations of whether the tank just runs in, or runs in and tries to pull the mass toward a wall. It is probably something stupid we are forgetting. Party set up was WHM, PLD, BLU, COR, DRK, RDM Trust.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-06 08:45:02  
benitez said: »
Anyone seeing issues with Emnity on the Fomor? We went in trying the supertank with a Paladin, but emnity was very wierd. Sometimes, the Paladin would charge in, the eye would go after them, and the fomor would charge straight toward the back line of our party. We tried having everyone but the tank hold off buffs till hate is established, Super Tanking, Tank engaging the Eye, Engaging a fomor, and variations of whether the tank just runs in, or runs in and tries to pull the mass toward a wall. It is probably something stupid we are forgetting. Party set up was WHM, PLD, BLU, COR, DRK, RDM Trust.

Umm ambuscade is party hate, meaning supertanking isn't possible. Your tank needs to actively be generating hate on everything by using self targeting jas after aggroing.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-06 08:47:46  
hmmm id prob have the blu use yawn to AoE sleep them all then just take them out 1 by 1
 Phoenix.Sniperwolf
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sniperwolf 2017-07-06 09:00:09  
Not sure if this is the best place for this, but figured a general Ambuscade question fits this thread.

On BG-Wiki, it says that the armor variants acquired via total hallmarks alternate by odd/even months and that this month (being odd) should be the tokens for Nyzul/Limbus sets. Does the odd/even thing not hold true, or was this an oversight on this month's Ambuscade release?
By clearlyamule 2017-07-06 09:18:21  
benitez said: »
Sounds pretty much normal for legion zones. Gotta just keep on spamming self and party hate moves
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-06 09:35:18  
Paladin should use Rampart at start (or RUN OFA). Its good party hate.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-06 09:43:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Paladin should use Rampart at start (or RUN OFA). Its good party hate.

RUN just use's Foil after aggroing them, and then use's it again whenever it's up. Foil is self target and generates 880/320 hate on everything that has the RUN on it's hate list. OFA should be saved for use mid fight as it's instant but has a long recast and actually provides an extremely potent defensive bonus to the party.

PLD is more restricted because all their self target hate tools are on long timers with enmity dependent on the number of targets hit, Rampart is only 320/320 per person, so needs to hit multiple. Run in aggro -> Sentinel 1800/0 with +100% Enmity gain, -> party should be nearby then Rampart to hit everyone while Sentinel is up.

Big problem I see is PLD's using Rampart and only hitting themselves, or not abusing Sentinel's +100 enmity and maximizing enmity generation during that short time.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-06 12:57:38  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Sentinel 1800/0 with +100% Enmity gain,
I thought Sentinel was 50% enmity gain when /PLD?
 Odin.Geriond
サーバ: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-06 13:01:08  
He wasn't talking about /PLD.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
サーバ: Bismarck
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2017-07-06 13:28:34  
Tanked this mutiple times as pld/blu and as pld/war, never had any issues with hate, only issue I ever had was eye waking up the adds, setup was pld whm brd geo dd dd. Excalibur was the only iffy mob I had to tank, but if it comes to worse have one of the DD's nin to hold it off to the side if it starts to be an issue. Normally would gather then to the cornet and start spamming blu spells even as sub war could hold them pretty easily in the corner. If your off DD is nin will have to have a jacked up DD as main DPS incase mobs wake up and nin has to hold excal to the side.
By Taint 2017-07-06 13:47:32  
I am bad and feel bad.
By zaxtiss 2017-07-06 14:25:06  
cure cheat? hmmm havent hard that term yet. is that just curing to get hate before pulling?
By tyalangan 2017-07-06 14:25:54  
Cure Cheat is a set that lowers your HP (HP- gear) allowing you to cure yourself to build hate.

So, for this month's ambuscade should the PLD be saving Sentinel instead of opening aggro with it to save for Excal?
 Bahamut.Odaru
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Odaru 2017-07-06 14:28:07  
Sub BLU on PLD, problem solved.
[+]
First Page 2 3