users online
フォーラム » Windower » General » "Multiboxing"
"Multiboxing"
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-02 09:45:52  
What's the stance on gearswap for mules that would pretty much automate them?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-07-02 13:10:50  
Whose stance? For SE, botting is just as against the ToS as the rest of windower. I don't think the windower team supports character automation either.

Also, while gearswap is capable of mostly automating a character, it wasn't designed for it, and isn't terribly good at it. You'd basically be coding a automation addon yourself from inside of gearswap. Better to use gearswap as intended, to manage gear swapping under various conditions. And then if you must, find something else if you want a mule automated. I'm sure there are various programs or addons floating around for that purpose.

Personally, I don't see any need. Using a combination of a switching program to swap between characters when needed without resorting to alt+tab(switchmon in my case) and making good use of the send addon to send various commands from the main character to the mule is more than sufficient to handle 2~3 characters.

I've played various combinations of Tank/DD + WHM/GEO and such to great effect this way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-02 13:46:44  
Martel said:
Whose stance?

Just speaking in terms of general consensus of the players that still play. It's getting a lot harder to find people to play with on a general bases, and let's face it some of them not that good of players; I mean that in the nicest way possible. Didn't know if anyone would openly speak up, or share stuff they use. Personally I was bored at work, and I have been working on a project so I was just curious.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
サーバ: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-07-02 14:48:22  
Most of multi-boxing is practice, and like Martel said a good setup of macros/keybinds with the send addon.

Also as Martel said, Windower does not support botting in any manner. They will not publicly share any type of add-on or plugin that bots. However, home made bots that are homemade by the user are used at the user's discretion. A number of programmers have been insta-banned just testing out packet injection.
 Asura.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Asura.Tuvae 2017-07-02 15:38:37  
I ran 6 at once on a private server using Autoexec and Send, worked really well. Adding in gearswap will make it even better but i wouldnt say its essential. I never really had bots, it was always manual stuff, just with autoexec I had to type the commands into the chat.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2017-07-02 18:01:22  
Personally I never did anything crazy and never needed to even using occasionally 5 or 6 at a time.

Send add-on really covers a lot of what you might need. Otherwise Windower API has a lot of what you may need to cover most tasks. Few things I used to lessen the burden:
-Select Menu options automatically...useful for picking specific home point warps during ambuscade spam or WKR cycles. Also did it for the sky teleporters during arcana ambuscade so I could get all the people to the main island without tabbing between 6 boxes.
-Magic Burst, really rudimentary but would cast specified tier/element combinations in response to different skillchains.
-Target specific mobs. This one was a pain, but windower API by default doesn't allow you to target monsters by specific things like ID, so I used some work around logic to tab through nearby monsters others are targeting until I land on what I want. Useful for quickly telling all boxes to select the same target when there are multiple monsters nearby that may cause vanilla targeting commands to select different targets.
-Recast GEO luopon/Indi if they wear off/get destroyed.
-AutoWS at or above specified TP threshold.
-Automatically run buff cycles on things like COR or BRD upon zoning into an instance.

None of these involve injecting packets. Things like HP teleporters can be done with packets but I prefer to just have the add-on literally scroll through the menu...takes a few extra seconds but still doesn't require you to manually alt-tab over and don't have to worry about injecting crappy packet or locking yourself due to improper formatting. Rest is all done through reading incoming/out going chunks then responding with appropriate action.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-02 19:08:51  
Ya, I understand that windower doesn't support them. Just really was looking at the communities feelings these days, as I have found working on this stuff to be more exciting than the game latley. Was just curious. Ya, I run anywhere from 3-6 usually and honestly it becomes a headache sometimes I feel. Good to hear what everyone else is doing, masybe I need to refine on some things. I hate that the IPC glitches sometimes with send, so I have been trying to stay away from it.

Also didn't know how the forums felt about discussing such things.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-07-03 00:16:26  
i been beating my head against a spiked wall trying to figure out a fix to stop send from breaking at crucial moments lol
By geigei 2017-07-03 00:42:49  
Boxing on windower was a lost cause for me, ashita makes it way easier.
 Ragnarok.Sequdaz
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: sequdaz
By Ragnarok.Sequdaz 2017-07-03 07:21:39  
Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
-Select Menu options automatically...useful for picking specific home point warps during ambuscade spam or WKR cycles. Also did it for the sky teleporters during arcana ambuscade so I could get all the people to the main island without tabbing between 6 boxes.
Would like to know which addon can do this
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-03 07:43:39  
Ragnarok.Sequdaz said: »

Also second that, I had to use other methods. :/
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-03 07:44:28  
geigei said: »

What about it makes it easier? I'm curious never used it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-03 08:44:39  
Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

Native support for certain add-ons and plugins that wouldn't be put into the Windower repository. The Windower dev team is very anti-bot / character automation and try to restrict their users from being able to do that stuff while the Ashita group doesn't care what you do.

That being said, you can do everything on Windower that you could do on Ashita, it just takes you hunting down the various tools on your own, knowing how to manually install them and how to integrate them with other tools.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-03 12:51:56  
Asura.Saevel said: »

Native support for certain add-ons and plugins that wouldn't be put into the Windower repository. The Windower dev team is very anti-bot / character automation and try to restrict their users from being able to do that stuff while the Ashita group doesn't care what you do.

That being said, you can do everything on Windower that you could do on Ashita, it just takes you hunting down the various tools on your own, knowing how to manually install them and how to integrate them with other tools.

I'm pretty sure I have looked in to it before, just doesn't seem like there is anywhere near as much documentation. Maybe Im missing something. Thanks for the info. though.
 Bismarck.Dunigs
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2017-07-03 15:36:52  
Ragnarok.Sequdaz said: »

Also second that, I had to use other methods. :/

I wrote it for personal use. It's not at all good or elegant but works for what I need/how I use it. For telepoints, I assume relevant zone is in my favorites list...I save the position of the zone I want in the list as a by-character setting...then basically just hardcode the keyboard presses/wait times that would be used if you were manually tabbing to it yourself. From there you can set up some events to automated things easier (ex: if add-on is enabled, on target change if the new target in hp crystal 1 and I'm in mhaura then select to warp to ceizak home point.). As I mentioned packets can do this way more elegantly but I wanted to use injection as little as possible, and waiting 8 seconds for everyone to click through a menu is worth it to me compared to potential ban hammer.

I'm not too crazy about sharing(gotten a few PMs already) simply because as I said, it's something I designed for myself so it's not going to behave in a way that fits everyone's needs well. Since I no longer play, I am unable to offer any kind of support/fixes, and I wouldn't be too keen on opening that can of worms even if I was playing. I think the above paragraph gives a good description of my approach and paired with the dev wiki I think someone with a little programming background could make something to fit their own needs, but if you want a few code snippets or explanations as a jumping off point for how I handled certain things feel free to PM
 Lakshmi.Bigt
user: Bigt
By Lakshmi.Bigt 2017-07-03 18:57:51  
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-03 19:46:12  
Lakshmi.Bigt said: »

I lol'd
By Ackeron 2017-07-05 13:58:31  
Since the initial question has been answered I'm gonna lock this thread before it goes too far off the beaten path.

I strongly suggest against botting, and if you wish to discuss bots please go elsewhere.