users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Mercenary service
Mercenary service
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 20:05:09  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
The laws of economics says that if you think people are making huge profits by charging 3mil per T1 kill then you should compete with them by mercing it yourself at a lower price.

If you find yourself not in competition with these guys then you obviously have something else better to do that is worth a lot more than 3mil mercing. Therefore, the 3mil price is fair because the opportunity cost for mercing would be close to 3mil.

I do Merc. 1mil per t1, which is more reflective of what it takes to get me to leave town than effort to kill it. I just also don't believe in constant marketing so not everyone takes me up on it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-06 20:10:35  
Boycotts don't work. If you don't like it you have to compete or shop elsewhere.

The stats on Herculean are so good, I doubt 500k-100k. Even if it was, if there is none on AH and nobody else is willing to sell it, you can supercharge it all you want. Again, no competition = price up.
By Afania 2018-09-06 20:11:17  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
If herc were on the AH it'd be like 100k, at most.

Far too common. Far too easy. Far to cheap to pop.

You have to consider the fact that it's ex means they will be more valuable because merc has to go out and kill it for specific person.

If herc isn't ex, it would probably worth 100k on AH. Because endgame groups that do full aeonic clear (or new player getting clear for vorseals) will get free herc that they don't need, so they'd put it on AH and resulting price drop with that many herc on AH.

But because it's ex, whoever sells it has to go out and kill the NM again for specific buyer. The time can be used on doing something else, like ambu.

Basically, I wouldn't compare the price of ex v.s none ex directly even if NM difficulty is identical.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 20:17:38  
You keep talking like there is something else you fan always go do for more money, but mercing is easily the best "unlimited" Gil per hour in the game. Sure your first ambuscade runs with seals meet more, but that caps out. Mercing is crazy good Gil per hour, even at lower prices.
 Asura.Tonic
user: tonic316
By Asura.Tonic 2018-09-06 20:29:35  
I tell the linkshells I'm in to use ladyofhonor if they need a merc and not pay the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE prices idiots like azzriel charge. I'm doing my part. <3 ladyofhonor

Also lol @ haggling with mercs, they either ignore you or tell you to *** off because most of these people are basement dwellers playing a dead game that have no social skills outside of their clique.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-09-06 20:31:00  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
The laws of economics says that if you think people are making huge profits by charging 3mil per T1 kill then you should compete with them by mercing it yourself at a lower price.

If you find yourself not in competition with these guys then you obviously have something else better to do that is worth a lot more than 3mil mercing. Therefore, the 3mil price is fair because the opportunity cost for mercing would be close to 3mil.

I do Merc. 1mil per t1, which is more reflective of what it takes to get me to leave town than effort to kill it. I just also don't believe in constant marketing so not everyone takes me up on it.

That means for you, mercing is costing you more than what you are paid to do and certainly more than 3mil to give up your time and effort of doing whatever else. That's why you aren't mercing hard enough as if it was your life and work to force the market to lower the price.

The opportunity cost is equal to whatever you obtain by not mercing. Whether eating pizza or watch a movie or be lazy. Whatever that is. The price is always equal to the amount that you would give up doing everything else at that moment to Merc.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-09-06 20:46:37  
90% of my time is spent afk in town, there's almost no opportunity cost lol
 Asura.Tonic
user: tonic316
By Asura.Tonic 2018-09-06 20:48:01  
90% of my time is spent afk in town, there's almost no opportunity cost lol
excuse me but that piece of food you're eating while afk in town is worth at least 10m gil in opportunity cost!
[+]
By Afania 2018-09-06 21:40:05  
You keep talking like there is something else you fan always go do for more money, but mercing is easily the best "unlimited" Gil per hour in the game. Sure your first ambuscade runs with seals meet more, but that caps out.

Ambu all day every day, every second and every millisecond D:
 Asura.Senrii
user: Sensenri
By Asura.Senrii 2018-09-06 22:05:00  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Eneco said: »
Highly recommend the services of these two, they're very flexible, trustworthy, and overall very enjoyable to work with.

They may be nice, but do they still overcharge?

At the time you asked us to merc you something, the demand was high, the offer was low therefore higher prices. Nowadays there are so many mercs so obviously we lowered our prices. That being said, it still has to be worth our time.

I don't think we overcharge people. We adjust prices according to the economy and other merc prices. I always encourage people to shop around. When someone is new, returning or on a budget, I always mention that sometimes "In pool now" shouts are cheaper. However, not everyone wants to sit in town and wait for those.

There are a lot of mercs on Asura that take advantage of people. Stealing pop items, trying to sell items that are not needed etc. I highly doubt any of our buyers would put us in that category.

Our buyers usually walk away with more gear and items than they actually paid for.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Baroma
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2018-10-06 16:32:50  
When are you guys on? I have an EU friend looking for a clear.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Baugh
user: Rylai
By Asura.Baugh 2018-11-06 12:31:19  
How much for Cronian Abjuration: Head, body and legs?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [287 days between previous and next post]
By Galkapryme 2019-08-20 06:49:12  
Looking for quotes on merc services. CAVEAT: I am on Phoenix. If you have a team on Phoenix, GREAT. If not, I may be willing to temporarily migrate. I'm deployed AND a full-time student, so my time is limited. Here's what I'm looking to acquire:

One to two Mythics (preferably a Death Penalty and Burtgang)

One to two Aeonics (I need beads for the KI; I stupidly did most clears without it)

Bushin head (I have the Voodoo head piece already)

I know the Mythic is the oddest request given the time it takes, but quote me anyway...maybe we can work something out. I'm a dirty contractor with a lot of money, so.....
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-09-11 22:40:07  
Galkapryme said: »
Looking for quotes on merc services. CAVEAT: I am on Phoenix. If you have a team on Phoenix, GREAT. If not, I may be willing to temporarily migrate. I'm deployed AND a full-time student, so my time is limited. Here's what I'm looking to acquire:

One to two Mythics (preferably a Death Penalty and Burtgang)

One to two Aeonics (I need beads for the KI; I stupidly did most clears without it)

Bushin head (I have the Voodoo head piece already)

I know the Mythic is the oddest request given the time it takes, but quote me anyway...maybe we can work something out. I'm a dirty contractor with a lot of money, so.....

I don't think this group is active anymore, so look here for aeonics:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53282/comparative-aeonic-mercing-guide/2#3451022