users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Tech Support » am i the only one with token problems
am i the only one with token problems
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2017-06-11 01:01:32  
I went to try to log in to the se site to put money on my account so i can play right. The user name and password take but the one time token I have been using for years is not working now randomly it worked back in apple or so when i put money last.

I was wondering if anyone besides me was having this problem and had an idea for a work around till se opens monday I really wish they had a 24 hour support that would come in handy right now.

also is there a way to check if its the token somehow
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-11 06:13:59  

BTW, you should disable the token, then you should be able to get in. If you can't disable it on the SE Account Management website, you will probably need to call it in to SE to get it disabled that way.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2017-06-11 10:06:04  
can i ask one follow up question. If I get banned or something lets just say in this example I did. Do they send out an email saying it.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2017-06-11 10:09:33  
btw if i can log in to the friend list from final fantasys website with no errors its a good likely hood right i am not banned just trying to rule that out.
 Asura.Sesono
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-06-11 10:18:35  
You get a message when trying to log in POL-21 or POL-24 are ban messages. I am not sure if you recive an e-mail also.

And btw. if you fear you could get banned ...you pobably should get banned for w/e you did. :P
[+]
 Asura.Lordwmd
By Asura.Lordwmd 2017-06-11 13:44:18  
You could disable it, since I don't think account hacking is rampant nowadays. Note that in disabling the physical token you can never again use said token for an account. There is a smartphone app for the token that you can use if you still want the added security without worrying if the battery in your physical one is going to die.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2017-06-11 16:37:53  
wow so my internet died i reset router and now mines doing the exact thing and i cant even get on SE account it says my pw is wrong -.-

edit nvm it let me on the site but now to see if i can get back into my game e.e
By Jetackuu 2017-06-11 16:45:35  
It sounds like (unless it's just user error) a battery dying or the RNG is otherwise out of sync. Contact support when they open.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2017-06-13 05:18:51  
Jetackuu said: »
It sounds like (unless it's just user error) a battery dying or the RNG is otherwise out of sync. Contact support when they open.
Side note why is the chat server looking for a UK support if i am from the US and only went from the US support page.
By Staleyx 2017-06-13 05:51:01  
Do people just use the android version of token now?
By Jetackuu 2017-06-13 09:26:29  
Sylph.Kawar said: »
Jetackuu said: »
Side note why is the chat server looking for a UK support if i am from the US and only went from the US support page.

I can't answer that.
By Jetackuu 2017-06-13 09:27:13  
Staleyx said: »
Do people just use the android version of token now?

I like hardware tokens but for all practical purposes an app makes a lot more sense.
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2017-06-20 10:09:19  
Yesterday my game discconected and i restarted open SE software token and it went to registration screen. It wont accept my emergency removal number. As my luck would have it SE shut down chat support today because of the new ff14 expansion. I will have to wait until 12pm edt to see if SE phone support can get me running again.

UPDATE!!!

One hour on hold, one minute to fix problem.