A Quiz For The Ages

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » A Quiz for the ages
A Quiz for the ages
By clearlyamule 2017-05-19 00:18:52  
So didn't see a post on this so here it goes.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/15509/detail.html

se said:
An event celebrating the 15th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY XI will be held starting on Tuesday, May 16!

This event features crab-themed goods and a variety of other items as rewards.
* The full name of the event has not yet been decided upon.

Event Period

Tuesday, May 16 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) to Wednesday, May 31 at 7:59 a.m.

How to Participate

Speak with one of the moogles found in the following locations and listen to what they have to say.

Southern San d'Oria (I-8) / Bastok Markets (F-8) / Windurst Waters (F-9)

You will receive a Crustacean T-shirt after speaking with the moogle. Once you have received this item, speak with the Erudite Moogle in one of the following locations to participate in the event.

Southern San d'Oria (J-9) / Bastok Markets (F-8) / Windurst Water (F-9)

Claiming Prizes

A variety of rewards are available in exchange for points you earn by participating in the event. These spectacular goods include a ♪Moogle mount, SP Gobbie Key, and new items that you'll have to see to believe!

Basic rundown you talk to the moogle near the chest it gives you crab shirt. Talk to the other moogle it explains the event. It will offer to cast magic on you which turns you into a frog and allows you to participate.

Nearby there is a moogle surrounded 5 stages that have npcs on them. It will ask a question in say and you have 10 seconds to answer. You answer by /point at the npc. If you get it right you will get points immediately if not you can try again until time runs out and at the end of time it will tell you the answer and give some info

Answer immediately get 100 points min is 1. Each time you answer one correctly you add 10 points to the bonus which is given if you answer the next one correctly. So you could get 100 first question 110 the next 120 etc. You can answer more than once but it takes time to answer again and you lose chain bonus so if you can figure it out best to do that. Have 20 questions and you can start in the middle as long as 2 questions left. In the upper right hand corner it will show you numerical as well as a bar that fills up how much you gotten that round, how many points you got or would get if you haven't answered yet for that question and how big your bonus is.

Questions are kind of hard random ***you probably wont remember like which of these 5 npcs isn't at this particular town gate... however it seems there are a limited number so you start seeing the same ones over again and can even sometimes guess the answer just by seeing what npcs/mobs load. Though it does become tricky when they throw a couple of npcs that look nearly identical up there and it looks like a few questions might differ by city but a lot are the same. Also retargeting fast can be a problem and npcs don't have names above them. There is a top 5 ranking but it appears like the people on my server at least have a bunch of people who went 20/20 answering all in under a second <.<. Also it seems if you do well enough or something you can get a level up and eventually become a frog with a hat.

Available prizes I see are:
Hapy Staff -5k
SP gobbie key - 1k
copper AMAN voucher 1k
99 mog missiles - 500
99 bubble breezes- 500
ambuscade primer volume 1- 1.5k
ambuscade primer volume 1- 1.5k
pep talk - 0 (gave me a 30 minute 4int buff then disappeared from menu and went away when I zoned but came back after I did a round not sure if it helps or anything)
I already have the moogle mount so probably why I don't see it and no idea about these new items it mentions
 Asura.Sesono
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Zyanide
By Asura.Sesono 2017-05-19 01:19:45  
You forgot the mangeled cockatrice skin for 3k points.
I have no idea why its in there.... but it is.

I do not have a Moogle Mount and cannot choose one, maybe i have to purchase the staff and skin before it pops up for some ridiculous amount of points? Who knows...

Still on it :D
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2017-05-19 02:59:16  
Asura.Sesono said: »

I do not have a Moogle Mount and cannot choose one, maybe i have to purchase the staff and skin before it pops up for some ridiculous amount of points? Who knows...

The Mangled Cockatrice Skin is actually the Moogle Mount.
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2017-05-19 08:10:42  
Worth mentioning that the Hapy Staff turns you into a Frog for 60 minutes.
By clearlyamule 2017-05-19 08:38:02  
Asura.Sesono said: »

Didn't forget it wasn't there. Guess it's the mount like the other guy said
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-19 10:04:21  
It is the mount, they mistakenly displayed the resource for an item ID instead of a key item ID most likely. (Mangled Cockatrice skin is item #3083, moogle companion is key item #3083)
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-05-19 23:47:27  
So some info on the level up. It appears to happen every 1k points you make per round. First time you become a big frog. Then you get hat then you become red speckled frog with hat. Doesn't appear to actually change anything (except maybe not let you get the pep talk option) and resets each round.

Finally got the Hapy staff and it of course turned me into a frog with a hat. Overall rather disappointing game especially for the effort
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-05-20 08:59:01  
Any idea if 4000 turns you into anything? I saw someone on my server in Bastok actually managed to get a perfect score :-x
By clearlyamule 2017-05-20 09:20:42  
No idea I barely got 1k a few times. That said did you actually see them as 4k in the top 5? Because assuming the pattern of bonus points continues the max should be 3900

Edit: hmmm seeing some above 3.9k scores so bonuses might change at higher tiers or some other way to get points idk
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-05-20 09:31:12  
Nothing special happens at 4k.
 Bismarck.Indigla
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2017-05-20 09:34:35  
clearlyamule said: »
No idea I barely got 1k a few times. That said did you actually see them as 4k in the top 5? Because assuming the pattern of bonus points continues the max should be 3900

Edit: hmmm seeing some above 3.9k scores so bonuses might change at higher tiers or some other way to get points idk

Yea I thought 3900 would be max too, but seeing the rankings I just assume maybe you get a little bonus for getting 20 in a row
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-05-20 13:42:25  
If you get 20 in a row, you get the extra 100 on the last one. Nothing exciting happens. Red frog is 17 total correct questions, consecutive doesn't matter. Didn't pay attention to the earlier level ups.
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-05-20 16:13:13  
Lakshmi.Spoiled said: »
The Mangled Cockatrice Skin is actually the Moogle Mount.
Is that the same moogle mount that was released previously or a entirely new/different one?
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2017-05-20 16:45:59  
Same

I already had it before event from last time, and it doesn't even show up for me.