users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Star diver
Star diver
 Fairy.Crion
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Fairy.Crion 2017-04-15 12:07:03  
What's currently like the bis for this weapon skill?

New to the job and I feel like taking it the distance.
By fillerbunny9 2017-04-15 12:14:36  
whatever you have with the most STR, Acc/Attack, multi-attack, and use Elemental Gorget/Belt.

BiS is often unrealistic things like DM augs and the like, and everything is going to depend on your target for things like capping Accuracy etc. what gear is available to you so that people can formulate suggestions?
 Fairy.Crion
サーバ: Fairy
user: Crion
By Fairy.Crion 2017-04-15 12:19:08  
I have a hell of a lot valorous gear augmented pretty well with things like da acc and attack and a few qa dark matter pieces with reasonable accuracy and attack on them. I think I'm shooting for more of an outside of augmented valorous gear bis so I have a great idea of what to shoot for to improve upon it with the valorous gear I already have.
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-04-15 12:46:24  
The core high value stuff is STR/DA cape, Fotia Gorget/Belt, Utu Grip, and Moonshade earring.

The Grip and earring, specifically are the 2 best overall best DPS increasers a DRG has access to compared to the next best reasonable options.

For the rest of gear, you are really balancing ACC/STR/OAT/ATT. I am a big fan of the AF+3 body, since it combines high ACC/STR/ATT with enough STP to actually impact your next Stardiver positively.

It ends up being Sulevia+2 and Augmented Valorous (I also use Flamma Helm for the 4% TA) combinations.

I think right now I am:
Grip: Utu
Head: Flamma+1
Body: AF+3
Hands: Sulevia +2
Legs: Sulevia +2
Feet: Valorous (STR+12, Acc/ATT +20, DA+3)
Rings: Petrov/Shukukyu
Earrings: Sherida/Moonshade
Belt: Fotia
Neck: Fotia

It never feels like BIS, though, and Fu is a stingy *** so I am still missing N.Ring. It feels more like a never ending process of tinkering, which I love.
 Ragnarok.Alexhander
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alexhander 2017-04-17 03:34:07  
My Current set is:

Utu
valorous Head 15 str toon att and acc 2da
fotia belt/gorget
Moonshade/sherida
sulevia leg+2
Valorous mail/Hand/feet Both str 15 High att/acc and da (@sidra Even valorous got stp and da i Think It should beat af+2)
ambu cape With str and da
niqmaddu and shuku ring
knobierrie ammo

Remember That max hit per round (Even in ws) is 8 and if You got Ryu You got oat chance on 1st hit. If You look for valorous augment somebody tested 5str>than 1da