Event LS "Reality" Looking For Members (cerb)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Event LS "Reality" Looking For Members (cerb)
Event LS "Reality" Looking For Members (cerb)
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-08-13 14:40:00  
Another Aeonic cycle starting up. If you already have a key item and want to tag along, please let me know. Cheers.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-09-25 12:30:05  
Cannot be happier with our little group doing yet another (our fourth) Aeonic. Not sure if we'll do another one any time soon, so we're going to focus primarily on Omen and the new HTBs til there's nothing left to get.

We're still (Looking For Members) to join the team. Having more than one job is preferable; you should have at least one backline job. If you say you only have WAR, DRG, THF or any other melee we're not likely to invite you for events. We have enough WHMs, but not enough tanks (and only one brd), so if you want to be a main tank for us? You'd fit right in.

Note: We cannot do Dynamis-D regularly due to my schedule and the 60-hour wait time. If either 1) we have nothing left to do, or 2) SE changes the wait time, this could change. Otherwise, I try to set us up for at least one run per month, although we only target the mid-boss as a minimum for unlocks.

As has been the case for years now, we do one guaranteed event per week for a few hours on Tuesdays from 5pm EST 10pm GMT. Some of us are EU players, so we cannot afford to wait around too long after gather time. We can wait for anyone who is late from work, so long as we are given suitable notice. Thanks! :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-11-11 14:21:05  
As I've decided not to post on this site for the time being, this thread is closed. The linkshell continues on, so if you are interested in joining us you would have to either PM me (no guarantee I will reply quickly), or send a /tell in game to myself, Quilly, Highewing or Rusch.

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped my groups to complete content in any form. Whether it was through joining us in person, or helping us out with strategy here, I will always be grateful. I'd also like to thank everyone who appreciated my contributions to the DRK forum, as well as thanking players for the more recent help with understanding jobs like COR, SCH, RDM and RUN.

Take care everyone. /shutdown
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [283 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-08-20 10:53:56  
Returning to the forum after a nine month hiatus, although likely won't be posting as often.

The linkshell is looking for members at this time. One or two loyal players who can make our Tuesday events regularly. Please do not apply if you cannot commit to the long term. We also do Fridays sometimes, but events cannot be regularly scheduled on this day til one of our pearlsacks returns following a recent health scare.

We have done Omen a lot, so we're more leaning towards Geas Fete, Vagary, and possibly Odyssey in the near future. We do not run Dynamis-D regularly due to the troubles of setting it up (the lockout stops half the group from gathering at a good time). Versatility in jobs is encouraged as we are not a big group. Please message me here or PM in game for details. Thanks!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [81 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-11-09 13:29:02  

It's a couple of months late, but here is a screenshot of us getting our latest Aeonics together. Sixth for the LS overall, and first time for Plotinus (this was in his crazy awesome Mog House) and others. Thanks to those who helped us with T4s, you know who you are <3

The linkshell is doing Omen again atm, and planning to do regular Odyssey on Friday's. Please let me know if you're interested. We're still gathering for events at 10pm gmt 5pm est on Tuesdays and Fridays.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2020-11-09 14:07:14  
Congratulations. :)
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-12-23 04:59:30  
The linkshell continues to seek new members. We are planning on running our 7th Aeonic run in January, so this would be a perfect time for a new player to join us. Event time is Tuesday 10pm GMT, 5pm EST.

We're almost done with Omen, so other events after our Aeonic run are in question. The LS may have to go through a change in 2021. I thank everyone who has been apart of the LS since it began, and anyone who took the time to help out on difficult content. We have enjoyed another great year of progress, and here's to hoping for more of the same in the new year.

PS: I just noticed the linkshell is four years old. How time flies! It's amazing how far we have come.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2020-12-30 08:37:55  
The linkshell is opening up to being more of a social/event linkshell with some conditions:

-Be an active player. This means you play the game regularly (not necessarily every day) and communicate with others in a fair way. Inactivity or being abrasive may lead to removal.

-Have access to most endgame content, so a returning player may want to hold off til they have access to Omen and Dynamis-D.

-A range of different jobs for flexibility. For example, if you have only geared melee, you would be encouraged to gear at least one backline support or tank, including: WHM RDM BRD GEO SCH COR SMN, PLD or RUN

-If you join our events regularly, you will be required to join our Discord channel (voice chat is not essential).

-There are no preferred timezones for players to be online, but please consider that most of our members use English as their first language and are based in the US when asking for a pearl. If we can cater to more timezones in the future, I shall update here.

While we can promise the running of our Tuesday events (10pm GMT / 5pm EST), Fridays have been happening but aren't guaranteed. This year, we have been making use of a LS bank with salary based on monthly attendance. It has proven difficult to sell items since the sparks update, but the system has worked well this year.

Are you a returning player? Or do our times not suit? Quilly has a casual social LS called the LagunasWarriors (Do not expect regular events). If you cannot get a pearl with Linkshell Concierge NPCs, find myself or Quilly: LagunasWarriors

Our pearlsack team consists of Rusch, Highewing, Bongsolo and Quilly who can assist if I am not online. Other members are also likely to be helpful. Alternatively, you can send a message through Quilly or PM on Discord.

Reality has always been about getting things done with little fuss. We understand that sometimes a win isn't guaranteed, so learning from mistakes is something we do well. Mistakes can happen, so please do not feel any pressure in our events. The main thing is you do your best, be prepared, follow direction, and let us know if you need to be away.

By opening up outside of event times, we hope to build a community happy to help each other with all kinds of content, have fun, share tips, and make new friends. In the past four years we have thrived as an event-only LS, and we now feel this is the time to grow with help from like-minded people. Thank you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-01-05 14:46:24  
We have began taking in the odd new player here and there. Also, there might be an Aeonic run soon, depends on how many of us need it. /tell or PM for details, thanks.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-02-23 20:03:58  
Thanks to everyone who helped out, you know who you are. The linkshell's 7th Aeonic run complete, and the first for a few of our newer members. Congrats!

Next one will probably be in the Summer as we are focusing more on Odyssey and Omen, with side events for Ambuscade and High Tier Battlefields. Does this interest you? Please let me know. Cheers.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-03-24 15:41:28  
Odyssey, Omen, Ambuscade, High Tier Battlefields. We are focusing on this content during our Tuesday & Friday events. Dynamis-D is not on our radar at the moment. Our events (Gather Together) time is 10pm GMT / 5pm EST

Currently, we are only looking for players who can commit to the group in the long term and are flexible with their job selection. I do my best to change it up for anyone who gets tired playing the same job(s), just let me know. Sometimes mistakes are made and we do our best to understand why this is. You would be able to handle feedback so we can learn together and do better next time. Having access to Discord is essential, but voice chat isn't.

While I am GMT based, I generally play later in the day for our Western friends. There are other LS on the server if you are looking for something more GMT friendly. Ask Turqone if you are French, he recently started a new LS called Elegant.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-04-03 11:06:25  
Bumping. Still looking for one or two new players to join us. Let me know here or in-game if you can be dedicated. Thank you.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-05 13:19:22  

Reality LS is finally moving on and beginning our adventure in to the realm of Dynamis-Divergence. Why now? We have done enough Omen and Aeonic's for a lifetime, and would like a new challenge. Our first run will be on May 25th.

As some of our members are beginning from scratch, we will spend at least two months focusing on the unlocking of +3s. This requires defeating the wave 1 boss in each zone. We'll farm wave 2, but with sub-optimal setups we aren't expecting to defeat any bosses. When most are happy with unlocks, we will focus on wave 2 bosses. We are aware that some may still need +3 unlocks, so we'll allow them to enter on jobs they like if we are confident they aren't needed on something useful.

After each run we will farm Odyssey as well. Some days we may kill Odyssey NMs to unlock equipment. By doing this, we hope to have a range of gear to make Dynamis-D easier. Our group is not big, therefore we welcome new members to join us. However, any new player would be happy with their Omen progress. We're assuming anyone who joins us is equipped to the point we don't feel the need to return to Omen any time soon. Although we're not ruling out returning for scales and the odd piece later in the year.

Our schedule remains the same on Tuesday, but has changed to the following:

Monday: 12am Midnight GMT 7pm EST (Ambuscade, HTBs etc.)
Tuesday: 10pm GMT 5pm EST (Dynamis-D + Odyssey)
Friday: 10pm GMT 5pm EST* (Ambuscade, HTBs etc.)

*Friday is not guaranteed and is usually run by Bongsolo, and rarely by myself. Mondays will be lead by myself with support from pearlsacks Rusch, Highewing, Quilly and Bongsolo.

Six-person content on Monday & Friday events are catered to what the group needs most, and may coincide with current FFXI campaigns.

To join us, you would be expected to have the Discord app (voice chat not required), have good understanding of English, can follow direction, and is willing to learn from mistakes we will undoubtedly make. Winning isn't guaranteed, so sore losers need not apply. Also, you need to be flexible with job selection, as in, you can't expect to rock up with five melee jobs and no backline and be accepted.

Any questions? Feel free to PM here or /tell me in-game. Thank you.

PS: The linkshell is technically a social since a few months ago. If you have played with us and want to hang out, we don't mind throwing you a pearl if you think you can join our events when it suits you.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-09 14:14:41  
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-11 15:50:44  
Two weeks til we start regular Dynamis-D and Monday events. Refer to the above post for all the details. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-05-15 17:33:15  
Got the date wrong, we start Dyna-D on May 25th. This Tuesday is Ou x3 and Odyssey farm.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [66 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-07-20 16:10:01  
The linkshell has done well to unlock equipment from Odyssey and Dynamis-D lately. The next step is to get T15 wins from each Odyssey boss, and figure out a way to get enough people for wave 3 Dynamis-D wins.

We're looking for players with a flexible job selection who not only know game mechanics, but are easy to get on with and can communicate properly if issues arise. The group has been together a long time, and we've always respected and know what to expect from each other. We learn from losses and take others suggestions seriously.

Our current content is mostly Dynamis-D & Odyssey on Tuesdays from 10pm BST, 5pm EST, and 6-person content like Ambuscade and High tier battlefields at the same time on Mondays.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-08-27 15:39:06  
After spending a few months doing Dynamis-D and Odyssey, some of our members are interested in an Aeonic run. We'll likely space this out over a few weeks (only on Tuesdays 10pm BST 5pm EST), depending on who we have and how quick we kill things.

We'd accept one, maybe two new players at this time. We'll start killing NMs for Aeonic sometime in September, but we have not settled on a date yet. Til then, we will continue to farm wave 1-2 Dynamis-D and get Odyssey clears. PS: We are not in the business of selling wins.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-05 19:56:27  
We're lacking some damage for Schah, Albumen and Zerde at the moment, which is a shame but it's how it is. We beat Schah once with just six of us, but other players may struggle to get their wins unless others join us.

If anyone on Cerberus has Summoner geared and needs these wins, or just wants to come along for the fun? Please let me know here or in-game. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-12 13:12:47  
For anyone who ever ran Vagary with me over 5 years ago... I finally got that elusive Tartarus Platemail today. Better late than never, lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-13 12:23:24  
We're no longer actively recruiting members. Those who have not run with us in a while, but still hold a pearl, are free to come back to events. If you want to join us but don't have a pearl, you can come along as helpers after talking to me.

After the latest Aeonic run we will be focusing on wave 3 Dynamis-D clears. We're not sure when this will start, we're doing at least an event of Odyssey clears as well. If you want in on this, let me know in advance and I'll keep you updated. Thank you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-19 23:06:14  
Finished our 8th Aeonic tonight. Congratulations to the linkshell, and very well done! We're not planning on doing anymore of these in the future. Going forward to Dynamis-D now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-25 16:19:15  
We are looking to do Dynamis-D on THURSDAYS at 11pm BST 6pm EST, as a collaborative effort between two groups. We'll begin slow and get used to each other, before focusing on going for the wave 3 clears.

Open to players joining us for this, so long as they are flexible with job selection. Thank you.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2021-10-26 20:42:30  

8th!

We are missing a few from the screenshot, but it's cool. Thank you to everyone who helped out. Not planning on doing anymore, but if someone on Cerb would like help, whether it be talking setup or borrowing my RUN or COR, feel free to ask.

On to the next adventure, which is chipping away at Dynamis-D on Thursdays until we get wave 3 clears. On Tuesdays, we are alternating between Odyssey and Omen. We may take in a new member if they are both flexible and cool.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [94 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-01-28 14:30:28  
Looking for a couple of players to join our weekly events. We're mostly doing Odyssey farms (sometimes NM clears) & Master levels on Tuesday. On Thursday, we join up with another group for Dynamis-D wave 3. Tuesday event is at 10pm gmt, 5pm est. Thursday Dynamis-D is 11pm gmt, 6pm est.

I'm not against returning players joining the group, but we're not able to do old content every day to get them up to speed. I can share direction on gear, strategies, party setups for content, and the like. We're not doing regular Aeonics or Omen as we did this content every week for over 2 years, and we're focusing on other things.

The LS has turned in to a hybrid of an event/social. The main goal is to keep doing two events a week, but I don't mind others joining if they want to get to know people while they get up to speed.
[+]
 Cerberus.Turqone
By Cerberus.Turqone 2022-01-31 02:20:02  
Very nice Ls, very nice Members, very nice Leader.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-02-26 14:01:25  
Thanks Turqone, how nice of you.

Wanted to give an update on the status of the linkshell. Last year, we set out on our journey of regular Dynamis-D. It took us a while to get our +3 unlocks, but when we did, we teamed up with another group to work on wave 3s. We struggled for a while, and I asked the forum for tips on how to tackle this content. You were very helpful, and I made a guide from our experiences which I hope to update at some point.

With that said, we got our first clear this past Thursday. We were close to completing the mask for Jeuno, but we beat the Mithra with plenty of time to spare, which shows how far we have progressed as a group. We took a screenshot afterward, to remember the occasion. I know there are groups of 6 capable of doing this now, but for us it was a big moment.

We're close to finishing masks in Bastok & Windurst, so next week we just need to figure out San D'Oria, which I'm sure we will.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My linkshell has known for a while, but I plan on leaving the game for a long time soon. I’d like to be gone for over a year, but it could be six months, minimum. I’ve been playing since 2004 with only one break, which I didn’t feel was long enough. Since that time, myself and others have done a lot on this small server. We have proven that we could beat things, despite not having the best of the best, or the server numbers to call on people if we were low on key jobs. We’ve had to adapt to this environment, and it hasn’t always been easy, but we’ve persisted together as a team, with respect, patience, and determination.

I won’t miss the game, but I will miss those who I’ve forged connections with. Although I tried, I couldn’t get along with everybody, but I appreciate their contributions all the same. This group has been together for over 5 years, and some of us were in the previous linkshell (VagarySpeaking) as well. I have so many amazing memories I will cherish if I can’t return, but I do plan on coming back eventually. So this is more of a goodbye and see you later deal. While the linkshell won't be broken, there won’t be anymore events. All I ask is that those who remain, to do what you can to look out for each other, and find other groups if you want to get things done.

Remember everything we learned together and apply them to everything you do. We have always been a very casual group doing things most of us would never have imagined doing. I have been meaning to go for some time, but my parting gift was to get everyone their wave 3 clears. Now that time is almost here, I’ll be able to take my leave knowing we achieved one more time. Sorry if this was long winded, but that’s just how it goes. The only reason I’m still here is because of the group, so leaving it is the hardest part for me. Let’s finish what we set out to do, and together we can put an end to this chapter in a few weeks’ time. Thank you.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-02-26 14:17:08  
No quitting allowed
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-03-10 20:48:52  

Jeuno & Bastok down. Just Windurst and San D'Oria to go. It has been a pleasure running with this group of people.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2022-03-17 21:41:59  

Windurst defeated. San D'Oria is the only one left to conclude this adventure.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12