users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Cyber Bullying
Cyber Bullying
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-09-30 20:17:37  
Words can hurt too! Once I had someone type something hateful. Joke was on him I cannot read.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Conini
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Conini
By Carbuncle.Conini 2016-09-30 20:38:13  
*pats shoulder* Good job! Whoever said literacy was a good thing anyways?
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-30 20:41:07  
Yeah. Uppity reading ***.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-30 20:44:52  
Bahamut.Darkmorr said: »
Words can hurt too! Once I had someone type something hateful. Joke was on him I cannot read.

This was almost worth reading...almost !
By Pantafernando 2016-09-30 20:48:28  
FFXI playerbase involves lots of people with serious problems (psichological, physical, social, etc).

We need to keep that in mind and ignore when someone tries to pick a fight.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-30 20:49:55  
You read that in some kind of book, smart guy?
 Shiva.Francisco
サーバ: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2016-09-30 21:00:42  
Yeah, people who do this ***suck, but at the same time, I'm troubled that so many people allow themselves to be tangibly affected by it when it doesn't intertwine with IRL.

Obviously, it's understandable if someone has compromising info/photos on someone, or if they're being shamed among people they know IRL - but when some troll is being a *** on Twitter/Tumblr/FFXI/whatever, tell them to *** off, and move on.

"...and they called me... Steven Sea-boom-boom..."
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-09-30 22:54:14  
Pantafernando said: »
FFXI playerbase involves lots of people with serious problems (psichological, physical, social, etc).

We need to keep that in mind and ignore when someone tries to pick a fight.
I realized this years ago...

...then remembered I was part of the XI playerbase. >.>
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-10-01 00:06:27  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2016-10-01 02:03:15  
apparently i'm a cyber bully got suspended from ffxi for "online manners" lol
 Asura.Vienner
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Vienner 2016-10-01 03:09:31  
I always imagine people who bully others online are failing irl or they're 18 and dont have alot of social experience. What a lowly lifeform you must be to get a kick out of being an online turd. /blist
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-01 05:06:54  
Online bullies and trolls come in all shapes and sizes. You can have a decent job, good upbringing, family, nice house, have a holiday each year, and still be someone who goes online to troll. Part of why people do this is the enjoyment of cruelty. As civilized as we may be .. everyone has moments of enjoying others pain. They see something online, and feel compelled to oppose it for the reactions and the attention.

Another part of it is how accessible it is. There's literally thousands of pages on social media and other forums where you can post anonymously. If the internet had a rule where everyone had to post with their real names, trolling and cyber bullying wouldn't be as widespread. South Park hit the nail on the head with its latest two episodes. Gerald had the time of his life trolling the hell out of everyone. Some woman in an office said to her coworker "ignore, he's probably a sad little boy living with his mother". But then we see a hilarious segment of Gerald loving life, and being exceptionally polite in public despite having reasons not to be.

The excitement is what keeps him going. Knowing he's being talked about. Knowing he's making a difference in the world, even if it's for the wrong reasons. And they are powerless to stop his crusade of trolling. It gives him a sense of power. Due to his anonymity, he has to turn to his son Ike to "brag" about his achievements, which gives him increased pleasure.

But it all turns around when someone leaves a message on his car telling him they know. He frantically rushed home after putting a hammer to his phone, deleted his browser history/emails, smashed up his computer, and catapulted his hard drive in to the lake. But it wasn't enough .. he had not covered his tracks completely. His words of abuse couldn't be hidden behind a screen name, so it's not funny anymore .. and his life could be in danger.

But looking at the OP i don't know whether this is a serious post looking for discussion, or a joke. I've seen plenty get upset by cyber bullying and trolling. It's easy to say "get thicker skin or don't go on the internet", but it's not so easy to understand and implement. If it was .. there would be no such thing as cyber bullying or trolling as no one would get upset by it. Sometimes we might get caught by a troll on an off day. Perhaps we want someone to piss us off so we have someone to take our frustrations out on? One day we would simply not feed the troll, while the next day we may allow them to get to us so we have reason to vent.

Anyways, I'm going to stop here as it's a subject I could write a novel on. I'm not looking for an argument, and I'm not disagreeing with anyone's opinions .. simply adding my two cents.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-11-16 18:47:38  
Dat feel bro
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-11-16 19:25:48  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
You feel any morr better Dark?
I see what you did there.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2016-11-16 19:57:53  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »

I lol'd
[+]
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2016-11-16 21:39:50  
When you are prone to episodes of mania and depression and suffer from paranoia, you regret everything you post on the internet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2016-11-17 01:10:14  
Tyler the Creator taught me the only thing I need to know about Cyber Bullying.
By Ruaumoko 2016-11-17 05:49:24  
By protectorchrono 2016-11-17 08:20:18  
Ruaumoko said: »

Member?
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 08:23:15  
Asura.Ivlilla said: »
When you are prone to episodes of mania and depression and suffer from paranoia, you regret everything you post on the internet.

Yeah. I've got a thing now where I reread everything I've written like four times before I hit "submit" on Facebook or anywhere else my real identity is available.

The occasional bad idea still escapes into the public realm, but mostly I confine it all to this nuthouse now.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2016-11-17 08:48:20  
Ramyrez said: »
Yeah. I've got a thing now where I reread everything I've written like four times before I hit "submit" on Facebook or anywhere else my real identity is available.

The occasional bad idea still escapes into the public realm, but mostly I confine it all to this nuthouse now.
Just dont use Facebook, reading bout other peoples so called fantastic happy carebear life just got me raging everytime.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-17 09:10:33  
Asura.Vienner said: »
Ramyrez said: »

Just dont use Facebook, reading bout other peoples so called fantastic happy carebear life just got me raging everytime.

Yeah. I log on less these days. But it's also the only contact I get to have with some friends and family due to a lack of proximity and the like.

I'll take pseudo-contact over none.