[Physical BP] Gridarvor (Augmented) Vs Nirvana

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » [Physical BP] Gridarvor (Augmented) vs Nirvana
[Physical BP] Gridarvor (Augmented) vs Nirvana
By TheyCallMeFai 2016-09-21 14:18:40  
Hey, I know there is loads of information regarding magical BP's and Nirvana under preforming others staves like Espiritus. But What I cant find much testing on is Nirvana vs Gridarvor(Fully Augged). You're obviously not getting the plus to attributes for your avatar using the JSE, but you are getting +95 ACC, +70 ATT, and 15% DA(unsure if that can proc on BP).

The reason I ask is I am well on my way to obtaining my Nirvana. But with the idea of it not being BiS for magic BP, and possibly having something comparable for physical BP, would I be better off doing a different weapon?

Some other random questions to you Nirvana people:

1. Is there a time or specific content that you still use Nirvana instead of Espiritus when using Magic BP?

2. Is the Reisijima MAB staff > Espiritus?

3. If I go ahead and finish my Nirvana, will the swapping of Espiritus for the BPII-2 cause a problem with ilvl when my BP actually goes off? (Kind of a reverse to the bug that allows some folks to get Espiritus bonus and the Nirvana ilvl bonus)
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2016-09-21 20:01:43  
there is absolutely no comparison to nirvana by other staves when it comes to physical pacts, the gulf is just that goddamn large.

40 bpd & 2 levels is a laaaaaarge value over 10bpd and 30 acc/atk.

on the flip side, because of what bloodpact damage is worth vs mab (and grio gets so much goddamn mab), there is no instance where nirvana is used for magic damage pacts.

Grio w/ perfect augments is best magic damage pact weapon.

You can cap BP timer without espiritus, you would most likely want to look into doing it without losing TP/aftermath.
[+]
By Verda 2016-09-21 20:13:56  
Ya what frod said, the gap of 30% BP (40 if you compare to Gridarvor) damage alone is a lot, but you're also getting all the stats from levels.

Given 1000 avatar attack and 1000 defense as an example, 70 attack would make pdif go from 1 to 1.07, so a 7% increase in physical damage before str/vit/defense/accuracy/evasion etc is considered. Some mobs have much more than 1k and some less, but nirvana will give you a 40% boost to the damage, along with attack, and accuracy. The attack and accuracy boosts are smaller, but you can actually get even more acc on nirvana than Gridarvor if you use AM1 or more attack than Gridarvor if you use AM2 or more multihit than Gridavor if you use AM3, while still keeping the other boosts to stats and the 40% increase in damage so it's not even really a comparison is why they aren't really compared in threads much :D
By TheyCallMeFai 2016-09-21 23:35:04  
Thank you guys for the information. I was not even aware there was a better MAB staff than Espiritus. Good, good info. I still will be pursuing my Nirvana, I just think its a shame that it cant be the best in both situations. :(
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-09-22 11:57:17  
TheyCallMeFai said: »
Thank you guys for the information. I was not even aware there was a better MAB staff than Espiritus. Good, good info. I still will be pursuing my Nirvana, I just think its a shame that it cant be the best in both situations. :(
It has not been best for magical pacts since basalm staff in early soa. They just sort of accidentally gave us weapons with 120+ mab on them.

Current best is griovalr from reisinjima, you need to account for augs as well as the base stats of the weapon. Espiritus lacks mab and only has like 3 bpd. Its really only used as a +skill piece and even then keraunos for siphon and grio again anyway for macc.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-22 12:57:01  
Just to add to the above, it actually takes a really strong Grioavolr augment to beat Espiritus path A in peak damage. However, the Grio has ridiculous amounts of magic accuracy and that's why it tends to be preferred over Espiritus even if you can't get an augment that trumps the peak damage of Espiritus.

I think my current Grioavolr has something like BPD+5, Pet: INT+10 MAcc+21 MAB+22. So the total BPD and MAB are +5 and +137 respectively, compared to Espiritus[A] having +3 and +150. So Espiritus actually beats my current Grio in peak damage by a small amount, but loses something like 60 magic accuracy.

If you go path C on Espiritus to try to bridge the accuracy gap, then its +3 and +140 looks even worse compared to Grioavolr and the magic accuracy gap remains fairly large with the Grio still having about 40 more.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2016-09-24 08:09:20  
Which magic blood pacts are the strongest? I know flaming crush is good but since its hybrid damage I'm confused about which weapon is best for it.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-09-24 19:33:33  
Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Which magic blood pacts are the strongest? I know flaming crush is good but since its hybrid damage I'm confused about which weapon is best for it.

The 'strongest' magic pacts are most often just the merited ones taken to 5/5. be prepared to swap them often to suit content if you want to maximize damage.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-09-26 10:13:32  
I know flaming crush is good but since its hybrid damage I'm confused about which weapon is best for it.
Nirvana for Flaming Crush
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-09-26 10:30:46  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I know flaming crush is good but since its hybrid damage I'm confused about which weapon is best for it.
Nirvana for Flaming Crush

Who remembers using elemental staves for Avatars? >_>

Ifrit was partnered up with this back in the day.

Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2016-09-26 11:43:41  
Pfft. That damn thing only offered -3 perp to the av.

Was there even anything. Back then (like pre abyssea) that gave combat stats on weapon?