users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Savage Blade and CDC sets
Savage Blade and CDC sets
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-09-15 17:28:00  
The PLD guide is a bit outdated on WS sets. Can I ask for some "opinions" (undoubtedly, there will be math) on what good savage blade and CDC sets look like? Honestly not too keen on buying two sets of Lustratio +1 (or one for that matter).
 Odin.Speedyjim
サーバ: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2016-09-15 17:39:43  
STR+WSD gear for Savage Blade. DEX+CRIT for CDC.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-09-15 17:40:29  
I do not have a PLD spreadsheet, so I doubt all of my gear is exactly the best. Changes in accuracy and attack levels could make certain pieces (particularly just raw stats rather than more acc/atk) better. However, I also don't see many situations in which it would lose outside of HQ gear.

ItemSet 346223

Crit damage on the valorous pieces, path B for Lustratio and Emicho, DEX/crit for Rudianos.

ItemSet 346224

STR/WSD on Valorous, Odyssean, and Rudianos.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Tibal
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Tibal
By Bahamut.Tibal 2016-11-01 16:28:33  
@SpeedyJim
wait, why is it Str + WSD? for savage blade? I thought it was 50% STR and 50% MND based.. so we completely disregard STR+MND gear? Like the
Sulevia's Leggings +1 which to me is insane for this WS and most of the others for that matter.
By Boshi 2016-11-01 16:48:42  
You mean the exact feet he already has in the savage set you're repying to above?
[+]
 Bahamut.Tibal
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Tibal
By Bahamut.Tibal 2016-11-07 13:27:38  
this was directed at speedyjim.. he is saying str +wsd.. not str+mnd..he is not the only one that puts it like this, I was trying to figure out why and if I was missing something.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2016-11-07 13:49:28  
Both have a 50% mod, but STR also increases attack and may be contributing to fSTR. MND does not, so it's not worth losing STR or WSD to increase MND. Add MND only if you can't gain STR or WSD in that slot and only if it won't lower those stats as a result.