users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner Magic Burst
Summoner Magic Burst
 Bismarck.Myguri
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: myguri
By Bismarck.Myguri 2016-08-28 16:11:43  
Is there any gear to make magic bursts more powerful? For instance, do Amalric gages apply if I MB with my avatar?
By Nocki 2016-08-28 16:33:27  
Bismarck.Myguri said: »
Is there any gear to make magic bursts more powerful? For instance, do Amalric gages apply if I MB with my avatar?

Magic Burst gear applies only to the payer.
There is no "pet: magic burst" gear in the game.
Properly buffed though you can hit 99,999 on ilvl 130+ mobs. (Languor/Malaise, Puppet Roll, Mab+ Food)
By Verda 2016-08-28 16:47:53  
There is one magic burst item for SMN actually, for merit pacts only which is your best option for magic bursts most the time anyway. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Glyphic_Bracers_%2B1 I'm not sure they're worth it over Merlinic Datanas though especially with magic acc considered. Before Merlinic they were better now I'm not sure which is best. I'm also not sure how accurate the 8mab per merit level is or who tested or if it would be a separate term. It's been on my plate of things to retest. Cursory tests I've done it's hard to see a difference due to magic acc and resists etc.

SMN can get 99,999 like nocki said without them. The really great thing most people don't realize about SMN magic bursts is that they have very high base damage compared to nukes from a mage, and high base magic acc as well. Pets also can not benefit from focus, acumen, storm spells, bard INT songs etc, so that's less buffs/support you need as well, which potentially gives you room for more smn or ability to low man things easier. You can also use Conflag Strike to get 99,999 Magic Bursts on AA Galka, as well as do great magic bursts on Yahkshi. MDT is ignored by this move so magic burst that and it's a quick easy kill on him, though don't be discouraged if you can't match those numbers. Idris geo, having a RUN or not, if COR rolled you well with companions + puppet roll, if the double vorseals blessing is in effect, food, and your gear progression are all things to look out for.

And to answer your question directly on Amalric, no. Only stuff that says Pet: or Avatar: will apply to your avatar's stats.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-08-28 16:56:45  
i think he is thinking on going /sch and using his actual magic to MB, and ys, i seen many SMN MB with right equipemnt sometimes more powerfull than BLM or sch (of coruse no Job Points.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-08-28 17:00:27  
He was asking about BPs
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-08-29 11:08:35  
Verda said: »
You can also use Conflag Strike to get 99,999 Magic Bursts on AA Galka, as well as do great magic bursts on Yahkshi. MDT is ignored by this move so magic burst that and it's a quick easy kill on him, though don't be discouraged if you can't match those numbers.
I would also like to add to this, that Conflag Strike applies a powerful burn effect too, which greatly reduces the enemy's INT, thus increasing the damage it takes from nukes.

When I'm going SMN with a manaburn group, I'll often open with an Impact and/or Conflag Strike in full skill gear instead of BP Dmg / Pet:MAB gear, for maximum potency INT down.
[+]