users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Ragnarok » Is our server dead
Is our server dead
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-07-29 10:30:35  
So I been away but following the game for past two years. I kinda have the itch to gather the newer blue spells and do cp burns on sch to unlock new spells and enjoy content. Is our server dead though? I really can't say I want to play solo. I did log back in for a month on scholar last April. Shouted and walked around for two weeks didnt see or hear back from a soul, nor were there any guild invites.
By fonewear 2016-07-29 10:35:08  
Yes Presidentobama along with your political career !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-07-29 10:52:24  
Did you ask anyone to join their LS?
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-29 11:00:58  
I'm from Odin and at rag rigjt now for a trade. I've never seen upper jeuno or port jeuno so dead before
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2016-07-29 11:02:24  
Really can't say I asked. I did /sh, /y when i was on but even besides my chat, only thing i saw was jp shouts. Nothing English, hemce I wonder if the server is dead and when I resub if i should pay for a transfer.

I know our server used to have lots of people.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-29 11:07:43  
Odin or Asura has good amount of people. I'm going back to Odin soon
 Asura.Blittzjr
サーバ: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-07-29 11:13:15  
Yeah it has its good or bad now a days as far as population goes. Like here on Asura its full of idiots and try hards. EXP camps can be crowded and a lot of people are transferring who are so behind, but think they're Gods gift its funny. Long story short sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. But of course to each his own.
By Afania 2016-07-29 11:28:33  
Server isn't completely dead although it has pretty low pop. I still experience ambu congestion, heavy Zitah cleaving competition and reisenjima warp 2 pop spot competition a lot.

It's just that the way smaller server works differently from bigger server. When people do stuff they don't shout, instead they just send tell to lsmate and friends and make pt. Thus you get the impression that server is dead.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2016-07-29 11:28:43  
Probably during CP campaign i will want the server to be even more dead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-29 11:30:10  
If you're going to transfer, go to a mid-rage population server. One that has some shouts and active linkshells, but not so overcrowded that you're always competing for everything.
I'm on Bismarck, and I'm quite enjoying it lately. Sometimes you need to shout for a while to do stuff, but there are a few active linkshells, and you usually end up getting what you wanted done. Also, people all know each other, whenever you zone into a town 10 people will /wave at you. If you're not a jerk, people are helpful and pretty decent. There's not so many /yell arguments link in the past (those players all quit or jumped server). Yet, there will still be times you go to dragon camp during gain xp RoE and no one else shows up for the whole 4 hours (it's uncommon, but it has happened to me twice).
I /sea all about 700 people around jp midnight during the week, 320 NA weeknights, 500 NA weekend evenings.
[+]
 Asura.Blittzjr
サーバ: Asura
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blittzjr 2016-07-29 11:33:17  
Pantafernando said: »
Probably during CP campaign i will want the server to be even more dead.
%.

I agree with this 100%. Its annoying when apex is full 24/7
and Escha Zitah Dragon camps are always crowded and its always competition pulling dragons in camp sometimes 4-6 parties fighting over the camp lol.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2016-07-29 12:28:14  
Very true blitz hmm God cp campaign hmm I need to find the deadest server possible Buwhaha
[+]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-07-29 13:46:22  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Very true blitz hmm God cp campaign hmm I need to find the deadest server possible Buwhaha

Not too dead because then you won't find a party!
[+]