Non-Patriotic Organizations And Businesses

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Non-Patriotic organizations and businesses
Non-Patriotic organizations and businesses
First Page 2 3
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-11 14:16:12  
In December of 2001 Congress declared 9/11 Patriot Day. Along with flying flags at half mast a moment of silence should be observed.

Businesses and Organizations who just didn't give a ***:

The Elks Lodge
User submitted image

McDonalds
User submitted image

I'll look for more later today. I like how both of these places flew their flags at half mast for a week when Senator Ted Kennedy died but can't for a Congressionally declared day.

Where have you guys seen the flag at full mast today?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 14:20:18  
o god i thought

people had gotten over 9/11

patriotism witch hunts
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 14:27:52  
User submitted image
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-11 14:30:17  
Littledarc said:

I think a lot of people just dont know "what the *** is patriot day?"

Oh...I saw flags flying full mast at two local schools.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Acropora
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Acropora
By Midgardsormr.Acropora 2009-09-11 14:40:58  
Sevourn said:
User submitted image

I can be patriotic, but I kinda agree here ....

Can't remember it without having is plastered everywhere, EVERY single Sept. 11?

No one replays videos of the OK bombing or anything, I think we can all remember it without having to be reminded that our security sucked enough to let it happen >_>

If my family members died, I would NOT want to keep re-living that day, why the hell do the rest of us =/ and yes, I DID know 2 people on the plane that went down in PA .... not closely but they were cousins of my friend.

God rest the souls of those who died that day, but I can remember it without all the fuss.

go ahead and flame me, idc -.-
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-11 14:47:23  
dude Sevourn why do you care about an American holiday? you're Iranian. seriously, go QQ elsewhere.

an elks lodge not having a flag at half mast is actually a big deal. mc donalds was for the funny factor. it's only one day, and a lot of people died and it changed a lot of policies in America. hell it pretty much created the dept of homeland security.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 15:11:24  
yeah it also indirectly put me into iraq for more than three years of my life

so i'm pretty *** aware it changed some policies

i care because i take personal offense to the "if the flag on your SUV isn't big enough you're not a true patriot" mentality. because as long as you go through all the outwardly patriotic motions, it's cool, right?

i demonstrated my patriotism through my actions. it bothers the hell out of me when armchair patriots go and point at other Americans because they are not proclaiming their love for the country loudly enough for your satisfaction.

flag is an inside joke. it's not for you
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-11 15:21:34  
k so i guess my service doesn't count then. right. gotcha. totally cleared that all up for me.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 15:25:13  
a. depends on where you served.

b. if you're willing to stomp on the freedom of expression you fought for, no, probably not.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-11 15:31:33  
Remember the Alamo.....

<Random Stranger> Who?

<Me> Dude.....

<Random Stranger> Isn't the Alamo in Spain or something?

<Me> k *walks off*

Seriously, next major event thats going to take place, and people will forget 9/11 quicker than ***.

You want me to prove it? Quick, whats on Dec. 7.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-11 15:31:58  
I don't think it really matters of service you both have done, I believe it's the respect you give to it. It happened yes and yes it's been years but why people tend to continue is for how many lives have been lost and the change it made to everyone.

I haven't been out driving today to see if businesses or other places have the flag up at half mast or who has it at full mast.

Eventually in the next few years it will die down more until the day the war ends completely.

It's still a choice but I understand how ppl feel because of the respect in it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 15:33:33  
Alyria said:
I don't think it really matters of service you both have done, I believe it's the respect you give to it.

well, i do think it matters that i served. crazy thought, i know, but i'll continue to believe it.

actions demonstrate respect more strongly than words ever will
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 15:36:01  
Krullgra said:
I personally don't care, so what if their flag isn't half mast? 9/11 needs to disappear along with all the rest of you that QQ about it

this
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-11 15:39:01  
here's a question for you. would you be offended if a flag was left out overnight without a light on it? how about if a flag was shredded and still flying?

i don't get why you're so against flag etiquette.

service is service regardless of where you serve. quit being elitest not everyone deploys. i know a lot of people that are active that have been in for 12+ years and still haven't deployed. i also know people that have deployed 4 times and haven't been in for 8 years yet.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-09-11 15:39:59  
Sevourn said:
Alyria said:
I don't think it really matters of service you both have done, I believe it's the respect you give to it.

well, i do think it matters that i served. crazy thought, i know, but i'll continue to believe it.

I meant for you both on the thread, not on the reasoning.

Sorry I confused that.
 Remora.Siavash
サーバ: Remora
user: Siavash
By Remora.Siavash 2009-09-11 15:40:03  
Littledarc said:
In December of 2001 Congress declared 9/11 Patriot Day. Along with flying flags at half mast a moment of silence should be observed.

Businesses and Organizations who just didn't give a ***:

The Elks Lodge
User submitted image

McDonalds
User submitted image

I'll look for more later today. I like how both of these places flew their flags at half mast for a week when Senator Ted Kennedy died but can't for a Congressionally declared day.

BAWWWWW

Get over it. It happened yes and it was a tragedy but this is taking it a bit too far.

Also do you have a personal problem with Iran?
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-11 15:51:46  
Sevourn said:
Alyria said:

and NOT lowering a flag is an action. especially if it's an organization that has a lot of veterans in it.

edit: i have no problem with Iran. my problem is that he's got an Iranian flag and is commenting on US holidays. I'm not gonna *** and complain about his holidays. so what gives.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 15:52:59  
Littledarc said:
i know a lot of people that are active that have been in for 12+ years and still haven't deployed.

oh no.

yeah. i know these people too. they're called deployment dodgers. there is no form of life on earth i hate more than a deployment dodger. they are far, far worse than a civilian who just didn't join in the first place. i really, really hope you didn't serve and still fail to deploy. if that's the case, your service isn't just nothing, it's a lot worse than nothing.

A deployment dodger is someone who takes a vow to defend his country, then claims he hurt his knee when the call comes to actually do it. He wants the honor, respect and prestige that comes with wearing the uniform, but he's too much of a coward to do what it takes to earn it. Deployment dodgers want to have their cake and eat it too.

please, please say you deployed
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 15:54:26  
Alyria said:
I meant for you both on the thread, not on the reasoning.

Sorry I confused that.

i understand what you meant aly

no offense taken then
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-09-11 15:54:27  
Of course...if you joined the military and werent ever deployed you are automatically a deployment dodger.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 15:57:18  
Ludoggy said:
Of course...if you joined the military and werent ever deployed you are automatically a deployment dodger.

were you there? i promise you. if you were in the army from the time of the initial invasion up until now, and you have not deployed, you are either on life support, a malingering coward, or a coward in a high place or with friends in high places.

i spent more than half of my time in the army in iraq because others were afraid to go even once. guess who picked up the extra shifts?

Oh! and!

Littledarc said:
here's a question for you. would you be offended if a flag was left out overnight without a light on it? how about if a flag was shredded and still flying?

i don't get why you're so against flag etiquette.

nope. wouldn't be offended at all. fly it upside down too, for all i care. I don't have one iota of respect for the flag. it's a piece of cloth. I refuse to pledge allegiance to a piece of cloth.

i love my country. i could care less about the logo we picked out a couple hundred years ago.

when we have a country where you are free to burn the flag with no legal consequence, the actual freedom that that will signify will be more important than a piece of cloth can ever be. that freedom is what i fought for, not the flag itself.
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-11 16:15:42  
and what about those people that do deploy and never leave the FOB? what are they? are they cowards too? seriously stop judging people that served just because they may not have served exactly like you.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 16:25:43  
at least fobbits did what was expected of them. they carried out what they signed up to do. deployment dodgers are another class altogether. they made a vow that they were willing to do something, and when the time came to do it, they refused to fulfill their promise. i have freinds who went through divorces, on their third and fourth deployment, whose wives were convinced the cycle would never end. why? because some cowardly pougue refused to deploy even once, and take their spots. when some people have deployed five times, and others haven't deployed, something is wrong.

so you wont say whether you deployed or not. that's cool. just know that if you served during wartime, and you didn't go, you're lower than scum. for god's sake, never, ever have the nerve to imply that someone other than you isn't a patriot.
[+]
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-09-11 16:29:39  
tsk. you're only making yourself look worse by trashing other service members. service is service period. it doesn't matter if all you did was cook on a ship or if you were driving an unarmored Humvee down a stretch of road that is known to have IEDs frequently. i'm done arguing with you. you obviously don't see what you're saying is a contradiction to what you said before.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-09-11 16:34:52  
My office doesn't even have a flag.

We must be REALLY non-patriotic.

No moment of silence either. Sorry, we were busy. You know...doing our jobs. Until Congress declares it a law to where all businesses are closed, we aren't going to close, mmmkay?

What's with this ideology that service men need to be worshiped like they are gods? You served. Congratulations. On behalf of all American citizens, I personally thank you.

Now kindly shut up.
[+]
 Alexander.Zayo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Zayo
By Alexander.Zayo 2009-09-11 16:35:08  
WTF is Sevourn even posting in this thread? Last I checked Iran didn't have a world trade center to even have an attack on. Your opinion here is out of place imo.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 16:35:47  
Littledarc said:
tsk. you're only making yourself look worse by trashing other service members. service is service period. it doesn't matter if all you did was cook on a ship or if you were driving an unarmored Humvee down a stretch of road that is known to have IEDs frequently. i'm done arguing with you. you obviously don't see what you're saying is a contradiction to what you said before.

if you sign up to cook on a ship, and you cook on a ship, i've got no qualm with you. i'm fine with that.

as for you, have fun spending the rest of your life trying to rationalize your cowardice.

Hey! i've got an idea! mabye you can compensate for it with an extra big american flag sticker! and you can point out other people you don't think are patriotic enough!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-11 16:36:54  
Zayo said:
WTF is Sevourn even posting in this thread? Last I checked Iran didn't have a world trade center to even have an attack on. Your opinion here is out of place imo.

mabye read more closely

i'm american

i was a soldier

i spent 40 months in iraq
[+]
First Page 2 3