users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Lionheart
Lionheart
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-09 09:01:25  
I know a lot of people think Run is a meh DD, but the more I play with it, the more I feel like RUN can be one of the best DDs in the game with Lionheart.

For starters, Resolution is an absolutely bonkers WS. It's my go to DD option on WAR. Averages 10k with just trusts, high end I have seen 29k. With a Geo doing Fraility I average 17k on the low end, 33k is the highest I have seen.

I feel like War just has so much more attack than RUN does, so that does factor in, but if a triple attack procs on a 3k Resolution, you've got 17.15 http://ftp. That's higher than Rudra's or Savage. If somehow you got a quad. proc, you have 19.6ftp. Sadly, the best I can hope for on War is a double attack, which is still a respectable 14.7ftp.

So I imagine what you are wondering is why on earth you would even bother with getting to 3k tp. Well, you only actually need 2250tp, since with Moonshade you have a +750tp bonus.

So the getting to 2250 TP is the issue, yes? Well, if you are REALLY dedicated to RUN(I know some of you are) It's not only possible to get the 93stp needed to have a 4hit build, it's mostly using gear you PROBABLY already have. The oddballs are Hercs body and hands with a STP+7 augment(max using fern). You do have to sacrifice a good deal of multiattack, but you still end up with 12% TA and 24% DA(assuming 15%ad from temper).

With capped magic and gear haste, and 10%JA haste, you have a delay of 102. 102/60 = 1.7 seconds per swing. We need nine swings to hit 2250tp, with no multiattack procs that is 15.3 seconds. Statistically, TA ought to proc at least once, and DA twice. The values are actually slightly below that, but I'm trying to make this ***look good. So anyway. If TA procs once and DA twice, we now have 5 swings, or 8.5 seconds. In order to close a two step skillchain, you have to perform the ws in about 8-9 seconds after the first one goes off. It's certainly close, but mathematically you ought to OCCASIONALLY be able to pull off an effective 3ktp Resolution to close light/radiance depending on previous AM level.

I'm not totally certain if you get AM3 from TP bonus, I'm sure the info is out there but I haven't bothered to look at it.

The other side of things is that you would need enough stp/mutli attack in your resolution set to hit 250tp after the WS, which I'm not totally sure about in terms of what you need. I could do the math but I don't want to.

A more multiattack focused tp set can get a 5hit with only 54stp, which you would have to actively avoid not to hit. /Sam, Lionheart, bloodrain, gensin, samnuha, petrov, Kentarch, Lupine or Enuma are all you would need for it, and you likely use those anyway. Can swap out Kentarch for Windbuffet+1 if you are using Adhemar hands.

Anyway. You need 11 swings like that, or 18.7 seconds. You have a good deal more multi attack obviously, but I don't feel like mathing it out. Need to take some hits to get that extra 50tp though.

I'm tired now. My point is that Resolution is awesome and Lionheart should be on WAR. But it isn't so I am making one for my RUN.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-09 10:06:42  
TP Bonus doesn't apply to Aftermath, so for AM3, you need 3000% TP. Anyway, pretty much since I've acquired more WSD gear (primarily Lustratio +1, which is also heavy in DEX), Dimidation has been pulling much further ahead of Resolution. I've actually since dropped my Resolution merits to 1/5 so I could boost something else. Res also suffers from an attack penalty.

With Epeolatry, it's very easy to self-SC even when wearing defensive gear (depending on accuracy). Despite how much I enjoy this, it's not even close to what I can do on THF for damage, but at least my RUN is as hardy as it gets. There is a benefit when working with mages or using Shantotto 2, since Greatsword WSs can cover all elements in self-SC except Dark:

Dimidiation > Dimdiation: Light
Any Frag WS (Dim, GS, etc) > Ground Strike: Distortion
Herculean Slash > Resolution: Scission

It can be done with other weapons, including Lionheart, but Epeolatry is better suited for it. I think the Aeonics were designed (and are best suited for) SCs using more than 1 person. Comparatively, Mythics are better for self-SCing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-02-09 11:02:13  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
TP Bonus doesn't apply to Aftermath, so for AM3, you need 3000% TP. Anyway, pretty much since I've acquired more WSD gear (primarily Lustratio +1, which is also heavy in DEX), Dimidation has been pulling much further ahead of Resolution. I've actually since dropped my Resolution merits to 1/5 so I could boost something else. Res also suffers from an attack penalty.

With Epeolatry, it's very easy to self-SC even when wearing defensive gear (depending on accuracy). Despite how much I enjoy this, it's not even close to what I can do on THF for damage, but at least my RUN is as hardy as it gets. There is a benefit when working with mages or using Shantotto 2, since Greatsword WSs can cover all elements in self-SC except Dark:

Dimidiation > Dimdiation: Light
Any Frag WS (Dim, GS, etc) > Ground Strike: Distortion
Herculean Slash > Resolution: Scission

It can be done with other weapons, including Lionheart, but Epeolatry is better suited for it. I think the Aeonics were designed (and are best suited for) SCs using more than 1 person. Comparatively, Mythics are better for self-SCing.

What TP values are you using Dimdiation at? Also, does it transfer ftp across all hits? For some reason I assumed it did not, but it occurs to me that I don't really know.

I'm aware of the attack penalty, but thinking about it now I suppose RUN is far more dependent on support to overcome that than my WAR is. I was thinking that the 336DMG on Lionheart would probably help.

In regards to Epeolatry, I don't think I would ever make one, and depending on the upgrade process I probably wouldn't take it to it's "121" version. Maybe somewhere way down the line, but not now. Also, the lack of a WS bonus for Dimdiation is not only odd, but doesn't really help the weapon much with DDing. Lionheart is something I can make from just doing things I am already doing anyway.

In regards to the TP bonus, that actually helps a bit I think. AM2 means that you don't have to worry about losing it and doing Radiance. Instead you can just spam Reso > Reso for light. It's like 1.25(1.45)ftp at 1750tp, so if you just WS at 1k tp every time you're getting 7.25ftp minimum when no multiattack procs, a bit worse than CDC. And if you are doing that, you can WS in five seconds when no multihit procs every time. No worries about not being able to skillchain.

But I must admit that my WS gear for Run is basically all STR gear since so much of it is shared with my PUP for V.smite/S.Pummel. So my Dimdiation sets are not fantastic. And most of my Resolution results come from my WAR which does have some pretty great WS gear and Berserk/Warcry to help with attack. I suppose when it's done I'll play around with it and see what happens.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-02-09 12:10:09  
Dimidiation does NOT transfer ƒTP, the hits after the first (from any multiattack you may have after the one extra) are at the standard 1.0.
It's the same as Savage Blade.

Ultimately the issue with being a DD on RUN is the same issues with trying to do the same thing with Caladbolg/Ragnarok on PLD:
RUN just doesn't have damage increasing abilities.
No SA/TA/CF/TF/CA/sekkanoki/WSdmg/SCdmg/etc...
Acc is less of an issue, but much like PLD, RUN is an attack starved job.

You're basically trying to be a melee WHM. Sure it's something that CAN be done... But you're forcing your job into a role it was never designed for and can never really be good at.
RUN can never even come close to half of what SAM, DRG, or DRK can do, for ultimately the simple reason that it lacks DD JAs and JTs.

It's the same old rigamarole we've seen and treaded before with Relic/Empyrean GS PLD: it's Fetch.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-02-09 12:26:21  
Wasn't sure if you realized it but Warrior's Charge merits now add triple attack (5% per merit).

So WAR has a hefty amount of double attack from traits/gear and maybe 25% Triple Attack with merits.

Getting a good GSWORD for WAR is proving difficult. I can't get the drop off Titan II/UNM Cerb
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-02-09 12:30:24  
My TP values are all over the place, since I generally am looking more into getting AM3 and SCing (whether alone or with others). ftp on Dimidation doesn't transfer, it's functionally similar to Savage Blade but with less impressive ftp values. With this in mind, Dim does better when your gear is heavy on WSD as opposed to multihit. Since I'm also very serious about THF, my gear is well suited for Dim, so it's inevitably going to be better for me.

My Dimidiation set
Considering what you said about having gear catered for Victory Smite, it makes sense that Resolution would be the superior WS for you. With Lionheart, Dimidiation doesn't really have much going for it. I think the lack of a damage bonus from using Epeolatry is because they made Dimidiation and Exudiation more like Empyrean WSs than Mythic WSs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-03-13 03:57:57  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Wasn't sure if you realized it but Warrior's Charge merits now add triple attack (5% per merit).

So WAR has a hefty amount of double attack from traits/gear and maybe 25% Triple Attack with merits.

Getting a good GSWORD for WAR is proving difficult. I can't get the drop off Titan II/UNM Cerb

Last I checked Warrior's Charge just meant for that next attack round. Meaning you'll get a 20% chance to triple attack in the attack round after using the JA...and that's it.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [282 days between previous and next post]
By Xephyrs 2016-12-19 15:09:47  
In fully buffed situations, RUN can completely dominate. WoC our Run with Lionheart was top DPS.

Run has access to crazy gear for multi-attack etc (herc, adhemar, etc). In fully buffed situations, as stated above, they absolutely dominate. In non full buffed situations, you're better off with a blue mage who can cap themselves out.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-12-19 15:57:14  
OH I loved this Movie... oh wait nvm.