Fast Cast Option Select

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Fast Cast Option select
Fast Cast Option select
By Bursto 2016-01-22 14:19:09  
Getting hit in fastcast gear seems to be a common concern among runs myself included especially when not subbing nin. I thought it would be useful if while the buff "Fast Cast" from valliance/Vallation is up you only swap enough gear to hit cap. This would allow you to keep more of your damage mitigation armor on all of the time. I'm not an expert in gs but I think it could look something like..

----IDEA FOR LESS SWAPPING DURING Valliance/Vallation----

sets.precast.FC = {head="Runeist Bandeau +1",neck="Orunmila's Torque", ear1="Loquacious Earring",legs="Futhark Trousers +1"} (20% fastcast assumes 5/5 merits adjust as needed)

if buffnotactive['Fast Cast'] then
set_combine(sets.precast.FC,{body="Dread Jupon", hands="Leyline Gloves", ring2="Prolix Ring",
waist="Siegel Sash",legs="Orvail Pants +1"feet="Chelona Boots"})
end

***could also completely replace sets.precast.FC when "Fast Cast" is not up instead
of using set_combine command as I dont particularly trust it though I have no reason not to***

Note: I do not think the above works as written. It is just an example to get the idea across.

I hope this is helpful or if nothing else thought provoking.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-01-22 14:36:55  
Bursto said: »
Getting hit in fastcast gear seems to be a common concern among runs myself included especially when not subbing nin. I thought it would be useful if while the buff "Fast Cast" from valliance/Vallation is up you only swap enough gear to hit cap. This would allow you to keep more of your damage mitigation armor on all of the time. I'm not an expert in gs but I think it could look something like..

----IDEA FOR LESS SWAPPING DURING Valliance/Vallation----

sets.precast.FC = {head="Runeist Bandeau +1",neck="Orunmila's Torque", ear1="Loquacious Earring",legs="Futhark Trousers +1"} (20% fastcast assumes 5/5 merits adjust as needed)

if buffnotactive['Fast Cast'] then
set_combine(sets.precast.FC,{body="Dread Jupon", hands="Leyline Gloves", ring2="Prolix Ring",
waist="Siegel Sash",legs="Orvail Pants +1"feet="Chelona Boots"})
end

***could also completely replace sets.precast.FC when "Fast Cast" is not up instead
of using set_combine command as I dont particularly trust it though I have no reason not to***

Note: I do not think the above works as written. It is just an example to get the idea across.

I hope this is helpful or if nothing else thought provoking.

Would be easier to do it backwards and only apply a set combine when the buff is active for logic sake, also makes it less hastle when updating your FC set at a later date.

However with that said, GS equips the Fastcast gear and immediately equips into your End Cast gear the second the spell starts casting, meaning your set loses all of its purpose, for long spells that suck even at 80% fastcast you would need to define a spell table and have a rule
Code
if spell.contains:LongCasts then
if buffactive["Fast Cast"] then
set_combine(sets.precast.FC,{Add gear})

This would allow you to define a set to use on the start of cast. but really you should be utilising the "True Midcast" function, where you add a rule that equips x gear after swapping out of precast (Start of spell) into a full PDT/Spell Interuption set and just before the cast finishes you equip into your Midcast set and then aftercast right after. (This was discussed for PLDs)

This function was briefly touched on upon Gearswap inception and I've never seen it actually used so I'm not sure where to even find it, or if it's even still supported, but something could be defined if it's not there.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
サーバ: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2016-01-22 14:38:44  
1) Any worthwhile RUN was probably already doing this *or actually using gearswap correctly

2) Your Lua code would not actually equip any gear.

3) buffnotactive is not a table that exists, you would have to define it yourself

So your post essentially amounts to "don't equip gear you don't need to" which... yeah.
 Cerberus.Conagh
サーバ: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2016-01-22 14:44:34  
Asura.Cair said: »
1) Any worthwhile RUN was probably already doing this

2) Your Lua code would not actually equip any gear.

3) buffnotactive is not a table that exists, you would have to define it yourself

So your post essentially amounts to "don't equip gear you don't need to" which... yeah.

he already said he didn't think the code would work it was an example to illustrate what he wanted. Perhaps had you read the entireity of his post, you'd have gotten that.

and point 1) Any RUN doing that is stupid on the basis that equip swaps happen immediately after you start casting unless they've defined some Midaction clarification.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-22 15:11:18  
"buffnotactive" won't work, but you could do
Code
if buffactive['Fast Cast'] then 

else

end

To be more defensive while casting, you'd want to put stuff like PDT/Spell Interruption Rate in your midcast section. You'll also want to think about using different gear based on each spell:

Flash, Foil: Fast Cast, Enmity
Refresh, Regen: Potency, Duration
Barspells, Temper: Enhancing Skill, Duration
Utsusemi, Stoneskin, Blink: FC
Phalanx: Potency, Duration, Enhancing Skill
Ice Spikes, Crusade: Duration
Stun: FC, Enmity, Magic Accuracy
Repose, Enfeebling spells, Dark spells: Magic Acc, FC

Consider having midcasts for spells include something like
Code
equip(sets.Utility.PDT,sets.spellname)

This would simply put on your PDT gear and then add in the proper pieces (such as, say, Futhark Trousers) where necessary, rather than creating full sets.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-22 15:15:22  
Eh... From what I understand of Gearswap's functionality, you shouldn't get hit in precast gear. If you do it'd be in a really slim window and that's your own fault for sloppy timing. Instead, the consideration here should be towards the possibility of defensive midcast options when necessary, and even then you should make an effort to avoid such a situation in the first place whenever possible.

It's also worth noting that one's ability to properly capitalize on this is limited regardless. Perfect general-purpose FC gear caps out at 63% on RUN right now; if you swap in Siegel Sash and Futhark Trousers +1 for enhancing magic that gets you to 78% sans Inspiration. Utsusemi can hit 69%. I have to question the value of more than one, maybe two Inspiration merits if one is thus equipped; Battuta is a solid general-purpose option and Rayke duration is valuable in the current SC/MB meta. One merit only gives you 10% to play with in a perfect enhancing precast set. You could always swap some merits around if you're fighting fodder, but that just leads around to the point that this shouldn't even matter against fodder/why are you getting hit in precast against fodder and potentially why you opted for RUN in such a situation to begin with.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-01-22 15:22:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Eh... From what I understand of Gearswap's functionality, you shouldn't get hit in precast gear.

This is correct. Precast and midcast are sent in the same UDP packet(real packet, not the chunks of data everyone calls packets) and from what we understand of the server behavior, the whole packet is read before anything else happens. It should be impossible to be hit in precast gear.
[+]
By Bursto 2016-01-22 15:29:03  
"Would be easier to do it backwards and only apply a set combine when the buff is active for logic sake, also makes it less hastle when updating your FC set at a later date."

You require less gear when the buff is active. So combining when it's active would be again using more gear than needed if I understand what you are saying correctly. I guess to do it without trying to use a not or to put in in another order you could use an else. So something like if buff active use "set with less gear" else use "set with more gear" or set_combine "set with less gear" with "other fastcast gear".
By Bursto 2016-01-22 15:35:35  
By the time I managed to respond all my questions had been answered and the ideal solution had been presented. Thank you Jeanpaul and everyone else for information and contributions.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-22 15:49:37  
Utsusemi can hit 69%.
Unless I'm overlooking something, with the best possible gear, you could hit 67% casting time on Utsusemi (before factoring the weapon slots, which allows for Vampirism(s) or something else with FC). This would also require perfect Leyline, Carmine +1 head and feet, and Weatherspoon Ring.

I have to question the value of more than one, maybe two Inspiration merits if one is thus equipped
Putting aside the FC that we personally gain, I put a good deal of value on the FC I give to others, notably players who aren't using Gearswap and Trusts (combining maxed Inspiration + Lunar Wyrm Cheer will cap any trust's FC).
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-01-22 16:20:39  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Code

else

end

You can just use not buffactive["Fast Cast"].
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-01-22 16:38:02  
Utsusemi can hit 69%.
Unless I'm overlooking something, with the best possible gear, you could hit 67% casting time on Utsusemi (before factoring the weapon slots, which allows for Vampirism(s) or something else with FC). This would also require perfect Leyline, Carmine +1 head and feet, and Weatherspoon Ring.

ItemSet 134165

Head/body/hands/legs have 4%/5%/3%/6% max augments. Neck->Magoraga and body->Passion Jacket is another 6%. Whether or not Passion Jacket's extra 1% is worth the inventory space, eh...

Putting aside the FC that we personally gain, I put a good deal of value on the FC I give to others, notably players who aren't using Gearswap and Trusts (combining maxed Inspiration + Lunar Wyrm Cheer will cap any trust's FC).
Trusts I'll give you, and that presents a viable argument for swapping merits around based on the situation. Other players... yes, but it shouldn't be a significant consideration for most jobs (ie significantly beyond what you'd merit anyway). Backline jobs hit 80% so easily nowadays. PLD caps at 70% barring -casting gear, so 1-2 merits is still fair game there. DRK should be in the same boat. BLU can cap with FC II, which is basically always set these days (Erratic Flutter).

Shouldn't be isn't always won't be, though.

Lack of GS isn't an excuse to ditch FC gear. Quick magic yes, but I've built macros setups that used FC gear with .txt and even vanilla macros. More unwieldy, less flexible, but by no means impossible or unusable. In fact, it's significantly easier to do so with vanilla macros now than when I was doing it (back before I discovered Windower) thanks to equipsets.

Side note, FC belts and backs for non-mages when?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-22 17:19:36  
Hadn't seen FC+6 on Herc so I didn't factor that in. As for the body, I use Passion for Utsusemi since my Taeon is augmented with Phalanx+3 and Spell Interruption Rate-10% (was aiming for FC, but I quickly warmed up to the practicality of SI on my Phalanx set).

In regards to other players, a considerable number of people I play with are vanilla and don't even macro in gear. While I do encourage them to try looking at macroing in gear, it's ultimately up to them and I have no interest in turning it into a thing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-01-22 17:39:18  
Code

else

end

To be more defensive while casting, you'd want to put stuff like PDT/Spell Interruption Rate in your midcast section. You'll also want to think about using different gear based on each spell:

Flash, Foil: Fast Cast, Enmity
Refresh, Regen: Potency, Duration
Barspells, Temper: Enhancing Skill, Duration
Utsusemi, Stoneskin, Blink: FC
Phalanx: Potency, Duration, Enhancing Skill
Ice Spikes, Crusade: Duration
Stun: FC, Enmity, Magic Accuracy
Repose, Enfeebling spells, Dark spells: Magic Acc, FC

Consider having midcasts for spells include something like
Code
equip(sets.Utility.PDT,sets.spellname)

This would simply put on your PDT gear and then add in the proper pieces (such as, say, Futhark Trousers) where necessary, rather than creating full sets.

Why wouldn't you use Stoneskin+ pieces for SS? Haven Hose/Earthcry Earring/Mufflers/neck? Edit: Siegel sash?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-01-22 18:20:57  
Cuz inventory, I'm lazy, and I usually don't even bother casting Stoneskin unless I'm hit with something like Zombie aura (in which case I need to keep defensive gear going to preserve my HP).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-01-22 22:30:30  
dat +110 HP bonus is useful doe! Especially when paired with Phalanx (2). still needs my hands tho