users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Returning SCH looking for help to gear for apex
Returning SCH looking for help to gear for apex
 Phoenix.Xelnok
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Xelnok
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2016-01-16 09:27:15  
Seeing as there is currently a CP bonus this month, my end goal is to try and reach 100 job points on my SCH, (or as many past that as I can). I am currently at around 2-13 RoV and can potentially get 2 Trizek rings to help farming.

Assuming I have limited playtime/funds, what is the fastest/easiest way to gear up sufficiently to be accepted in an apex farming party, (and any activities to get better gear than I currently have)?

Current goals: Get Keraunos/Mujin Band/Locus Ring/Seshaw Cape/Static Earring/Wretched Coat/AF3 Feet/AF3 Head, (After buying the seshaw, wretched, af3 upgrade items i'll be pretty much out of gil)

(I currently have all sea obis, twilight cape, all important relic items at +2, 500 enhancing, 45%~ FC, Friomisi, Hecate's Earring, Bookworm Cape, and a set of hagondes 113 with about 15 MB on each piece)

What other fairly easy items should I try and go for that would help me start farming JPs?

Thanks.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2016-01-16 09:54:53  
Well first of all, have your cleared vagary? You need to clear vagary to upgrade your Empyrean. You get a free upgrade item for each boss you clear for your first Clear from records of Eminence. If you want you can not buy the wretched coat and use the empyrean +2 body instead as a small downgrade that saves money. As for your staff, Akedemos from escha ru aun is fairly easy to get, and I'm pretty sure you can enter it without having any rhapsodies done. For that NM do a magic burst set up with fire magic bursts and sch making the skillchain fusion. You can get barakarole(spelling) earring from a quest that takes about an hour to do if you have access to all seekers of aldoulin areas. You can try to go for the Tenzen neckpiece from his high tier fight but the drop rate can be a *** if you are doing it on low difficulties. Combine all your see obis into one via synergy for some extra inventory space. For your hands you can farm the venerian abjuration from escha ru aun T1. Its pretty easy and use the money you didn't use on wretched coat buying the hands. Since you won't have enough magic accuracy for apex while you are upgrading your gear, make sure you are eating pear crepes as food as they give 50 MACC. If you don't know how, research how to make skillchains on sch. As for pants the easiest pants that come to mind is merlinic from reisanjima, buttttttttt, you need to progress in rhapsodies a bit to enter that soo, yea not neccessarily fast.
 Phoenix.Xelnok
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Xelnok 2016-01-16 12:15:38  
Thanks for the reply, I love having set goals that I can knock out one at a time.

As of now I haven't done vagary, but ill try and do that sooner than later, I wasn't aware of the guaranteed mat for AF3 which is pretty awesome.

I'll grab that earring, and try to start working on getting the staff and gloves.

Most of the parties i've seen ask for 30% MBD, would it be feasible to start doing the parties with the gear I have now if i use the food while working on the other stuff?
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
サーバ: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-01-16 15:27:57  
Parties ask for 30% MBD...?!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-02-01 19:28:34  
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

They've been shouting for some pretty obscene stuff lately. As all the pro BLM / SCH / GEO's / COR's have long since hit 2000+ JP the ones that are available are folks still gearing up and not the greatest. What you will usually see is the PT leader is on something like DRG but is demanding everyone else in the PT be super well geared to get them a ton of JP. I've taken to just troll shouting back demanding for 1000 skill Idris GEO's, BLMs with 99K T3's, mythic DD's with 1400 acc and so forth.
[+]
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2016-02-02 05:53:33  
Dont forget about them Them DRG's need to have 3 wyvern's that can burst 99k each Saevel
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lebeau
By Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie 2016-02-02 07:09:14  
karusanyoshi said: »
Then you add in another 10 from Seshaw cape & Witching Robe and you're good to go.

Does Witching Robe have a hidden MBD?

Stats:
HP+50 MP+67 STR+19 DEX+19 VIT+19 AGI+19 INT+35 MND+28 CHR+28 Magic Damage+10 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+91 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+25 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+3% "Conserve MP"+5 "Refresh"+2

Possible Augs:

MP +50
Magic Accuracy +15
Magic Atk. Bonus +15
Refresh +1

Or did you mean Wretched Coat?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-02-02 07:57:56  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Bismarck.Speedyjim said: »

They've been shouting for some pretty obscene stuff lately. As all the pro BLM / SCH / GEO's / COR's have long since hit 2000+ JP the ones that are available are folks still gearing up and not the greatest. What you will usually see is the PT leader is on something like DRG but is demanding everyone else in the PT be super well geared to get them a ton of JP. I've taken to just troll shouting back demanding for 1000 skill Idris GEO's, BLMs with 99K T3's, mythic DD's with 1400 acc and so forth.

The best CP parties I've seen is when everyone else is 2100 job points, I get tons of CP then. It's my only requirement now as that helps weed out the noobs.
By fillerbunny9 2016-02-02 09:03:50  
Quetzalcoatl.Guthrie said: »
karusanyoshi said: »
Then you add in another 10 from Seshaw cape & Witching Robe and you're good to go.

Does Witching Robe have a hidden MBD?

Stats:
HP+50 MP+67 STR+19 DEX+19 VIT+19 AGI+19 INT+35 MND+28 CHR+28 Magic Damage+10 Evasion+38 Magic Evasion+91 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+25 "Magic Def. Bonus"+7 Haste+3% "Conserve MP"+5 "Refresh"+2

Possible Augs:

MP +50
Magic Accuracy +15
Magic Atk. Bonus +15
Refresh +1

Or did you mean Wretched Coat?

I think they meant Wretched Coat, which I would personally say to skip. it cannot be equipped until you have gotten 200CP on the job attempting to wear it. it is a stopgap piece, but because SE designed Superior gear so poorly, it's use is hamstrung severely. if you need the piece, you probably don't have the CP to wear it, if you have the CP to wear it, comparable/better gear should easily be within reach.
 Asura.Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2016-02-11 20:19:35  
Is it possible to put Mecisto. Mantle on a gearswap for say Frazzle, tag the crab at the beginning of each battle and receive the bonus CP from the back piece while still using Seshaw Cape for magic bursting?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-02-11 20:50:30  
The CP bonus stuff has to be on you when the mob dies. So it's best to have it your idle set. However thats still no guarantee.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-02-11 22:18:08  
Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
The CP bonus stuff has to be on you when the mob dies. So it's best to have it your idle set. However thats still no guarantee.
This. If you happen to be midcast when the mob dies, you will not get the bonus. It's best to have a toggle that enables/disables the Back slot for when you are CPing, so you never know swap the Mantle out.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [201 days between previous and next post]
By Valedictorian 2016-08-30 18:28:32  
"/yell Looking for members [Blu Run Blm Blm Geo] (APEX Crabs) @1/6"

Take them to Dho Gates.

Stay in Light Arts:
Use Accession to keep ProtectV, ShellV, RegenV, Phalanx, Adloquium, and Hailstorm on everyone at all times.

Prioritize RegenV and Phalanx if you're running low on stratagems, and always use sublimation.

It helps to have the staff weapon skill Myrkr for mana emergencies (hence the adloquium)

Once you hit 550 Job Points your stratagems will charge 15 seconds faster... Making your life a lot easier.

RegenV is so good you can do apex naked @ 99 sch.