フォーラム » FFXI » Escha » Kirin v2 Escha Ru'Aun strategies
Kirin v2 Escha Ru'Aun strategies
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Johnb
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2015-12-31 08:45:30  
I tried this fight twice with Beastmaster zerg / GEO 1hour but not one of them had reliable accuracy with Idris Bolster Indi-Torpor / Shiromochi. When it did land though, it did about 16k dmg which was decent. Is this a viable strategy or does one need to do sch MB?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-31 15:37:09  
You need around 2000ish Accuracy to cap hit rate on the POS. It's extremely hard to get that. Kirin has some really shitty AoE in his second form, enough so that keeping the Beastmasters/pets alive during it is sucky. I recall Falkirk and Beaztmaster have around 1800 accuracy when they are all out.

In short, probably not. Not without being very lucky with TP moves.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-12-31 17:01:33  
With Vorseals, gear, and gifts, I'm up to 1360 accuracy before buffs on RUN. I can imagine with Bolster Idris Torper/Precision (totaling 400), SV Madrigals (about 170 with potency and the slight DEX bonus), Sublime Sushi (105), and AM1 (30) that I could hit him even without Hunter's Roll or Distract. I'm still missing a few DEX vorseals too. But I suppose if he's using full dispels (Horrid Roar), then it knocks me back down to like 1760ish.

From what I've seen, the real killer is the adds and the Terror. Haven't bothered to try him yet though.
[+]
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-01 04:33:07  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
You need around 2000ish Accuracy to cap hit rate on the POS. It's extremely hard to get that. Kirin has some really shitty AoE in his second form, enough so that keeping the Beastmasters/pets alive during it is sucky. I recall Falkirk and Beaztmaster have around 1800 accuracy when they are all out.

In short, probably not. Not without being very lucky with TP moves.

Okay, I guess I'll change my strategy next time then since no one I know really has a full Pet Accuracy setup, updated for Reisenjima.
 Asura.Hoshiku
サーバ: Asura
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2016-01-02 11:15:39  
If you're not married to the beastmaster thing SMN puts out some amazing numbers on both Kirin and Kouryu.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-01-03 20:42:49  
MY LS has discovered tonight that zerging is quite literally the only way to kill Kirin. We've tried a lot of things to kill him in non-zergy way, only to discover that Kirin himself is on a very short enrage timer. In less than 15 minutes, he went batshit crazy while we were finishing off the gods. He was dealing 4k damage per tp move to Automatons, and 15k on players.

SE has literally told the playerbase to go *** themselves, play mages and use magic burst setups.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
サーバ: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-03 21:15:58  
we beat it with 12, x4 Nirvana Smn 1 cor 1 run 1 pld x2 whm 1 sch x2 geo

SC did Frag while all 4 smn went apogee to wind blade, 2nd sc wind blade. after 3 min we had 3 adds out kirin was at 56% last volley took it down to 46%. last form took us with CC and AF up about 40 sec sch 1hr frag spam to get as many lucky burst as could around 5 or 3% all 1hr for smn was over so SCH did SC MB helix SC with a few good BP the smn finished off Kouryu and we got our 1st hard win. x2 belts dropped. Not gona lie this 1 was 100% lucky we usually have issues with pld beind dead within 3 min from adds and terror + Wing damage. Great bunch of people lots of stress and fun (what is we do this) in the end Do not get discouraged if your gear and jp are not best for now. work and keep working on your strats and in the end its worth it
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-01-03 21:30:59  
Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
we beat it with 12, x4 Nirvana Smn 1 cor 1 run 1 pld x2 whm 1 sch x2 geo

SC did Frag while all 4 smn went apogee to wind blade, 2nd sc wind blade. after 3 min we had 3 adds out kirin was at 56% last volley took it down to 46%. last form took us with CC and AF up about 40 sec sch 1hr frag spam to get as many lucky burst as could around 5 or 3% all 1hr for smn was over so SCH did SC MB helix SC with a few good BP the smn finished off Kouryu and we got our 1st hard win. x2 belts dropped. Not gona lie this 1 was 100% lucky we usually have issues with pld beind dead within 3 min from adds and terror + Wing damage. Great bunch of people lots of stress and fun (what is we do this) in the end Do not get discouraged if your gear and jp are not best for now. work and keep working on your strats and in the end its worth it

You're using a magic burst strategy. We know it dies like that, we're just saying that there isn't ANY other way to kill it. Anything else is just too slow. Enrage kills the possibility of killing the lesser gods and fighting Kirin without 2hrs. Just takes too long.

As for gear/jp, literally everyone is 2100 and we have the best possible gear for our jobs. That's not the issue. The issue is that mechanically, it's impossible win without magic bursts.

Edit: It occurs to me that you might be talking to the other guy.
By Chyula 2016-01-03 21:40:21  
brew brew brew, problem solved
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-03 23:44:11  
Yeah I dont talk to you if I dont name you lol I'm simply saying how we beat it for the 1st time Today. I'll assume you can being Blu Pup Cor and BLM and nuke it down while a 2nd pt can use bst burn on pets lots of ways to do it but question is how solid vs luck based
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2016-01-04 00:11:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
MY LS has discovered tonight that zerging is quite literally the only way to kill Kirin. We've tried a lot of things to kill him in non-zergy way, only to discover that Kirin himself is on a very short enrage timer. In less than 15 minutes, he went batshit crazy while we were finishing off the gods. He was dealing 4k damage per tp move to Automatons, and 15k on players.

SE has literally told the playerbase to go *** themselves, play mages and use magic burst setups.
To reset the dmg spikes that he does you need to white proc. Only method I've seen of that is high dmg wind magic or wind dmg bloodpact.
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-08 09:34:40  
I tried this fight again with a JP group and we got it down to Kouryu with Scholar MB strategy and Wind MB. We killed the gods one by one as they popped. Paladin was sub Ninja to deal with Deadly Hold as it can do 2k+ damage and one-shot Paladin. I also had Geo-Wilt and Indi-Vex on. Once it pops Kouryu though, you need Geo-Vex and Indi-attunement because it seems to spam spells. Problem we had was Absolute Terror AoE and all the gods popping at once. Any way to deal with that?
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-08 09:41:35  
About the adds: It depends on where you pop Kirin to start. If you use one of the Bigger area Islands There is a way to kite ur popper down the steps so they are not on the same level as they main body of your alliance. I assume this will be an issue unless you use sprinters drink and run ur happy bum down there faster than the time it takes to "Zone out" of the fight. Id do a lil research using a t1 NM pop to get the exact pop area you can use. The adds will run down to the said popper and give your whole group more time to Kill freely. With that group Johnb had, they were killing adds to both ease the issue of hate shift as well as AOE spam damage from spells and special abilities. There are meds to help with terror and petrify (one of Kouryu's fave spells).
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-08 11:25:11  
Not true, there is around 10~15 sec window, and you can with sprinters drink make it down there easily within that window, But unless you did not read the post I see you quoted, You need to check the area which you can do this. Not all ??? area have that as an option and should be checked ahead of time and ran to see if its viable. Ive done this before I know it can be done and is not an issue unless you have something bind or grav you within that small time frame
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2016-01-08 11:58:54  
Not true, there is around 10~15 sec window, and you can with sprinters drink make it down there easily within that window, But unless you did not read the post I see you quoted, You need to check the area which you can do this. Not all ??? area have that as an option and should be checked ahead of time and ran to see if its viable. Ive done this before I know it can be done and is not an issue unless you have something bind or grav you within that small time frame
No I actually had tested the with drink and had just bearly came near it before getting kicked out. So maybe not easily. I'll retract my comment about it till I try it again.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2016-01-08 13:50:42  
Which one are you using? I may suggest going to one or three to test
 Asura.Loire
By Asura.Loire 2016-01-08 14:33:30  
It was tested at one the first day they had done the adjustments.
 Leviathan.Protey
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-01-08 15:13:22  
Asura.Loire said: »
It was tested at one the first day they had done the adjustments.

The ??? at one has two routes, one route is longer than the other. If you go the route where you are heading back toward the entrance (you run down the stairs where the blue crystal to activate the warp from the old sky zone is), it is really easy to make it in time with a sprinters drink, especially if you wait to use it when you are near the edge of the fight boundary.

All of this will be moot anyway, since SE said they are going to revert the fight areas to the original size (except the ??? at warp 9 in Reisenjima).
 Bismarck.Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2016-01-08 17:18:38  
I tested out #1 and yes you can go to the bottom with Sprinter's Drink. Without it, I doubt it. I don't know of any other places though that are better.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [267 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-10-01 10:45:58  
Looking for some advice for when it transforms at 50%. we use the popper running to the bottom of 1 method but somehow when the run goes to claim it does breath and wipes everyone. Is there a certain place everyone should stand like off to the side or something? We normally try to go right for the reclaim and have everyone ready to stand on feet. Should we be waiting for the run to claim before everyone makes their move?
By Nocki 2016-10-01 10:59:50  
It's pretty consistent that it will breath right after transformation, so when he runs away slightly (towards downstairs pld) nobody moves until after 1 of the blms or the run has tagged it again. As soon as it transforms into kouryu i have my blms manawall and try to cast on it along with me trying to flash it. Once it's all tagged then we run to the feet so that if it breaths it hits me, manawall, or other people but far away from the cone.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2016-10-01 11:10:33  
Theres 2 ways u can do this. You can either meele it or MB it. At this point it doesnt really matter but the meele style is definitely faster and in my opinion much easier. What u need to do is position the mages off to the side so when he changes and goes after the popper, your mages will be out of the path. After the 2nd tank tags it, use Mirrors tonic and Steadfasts tonic and just kill it from there. If your group is good u can kill it before the drinks wear but chances are they will wear around 9-15%. Just keep at it and it will die. Hit me up in game and i can show u where they need to be.
 Asura.Blitzjr
user: tripletee
By Asura.Blitzjr 2016-10-01 11:17:51  
Hmmm
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-10-01 11:18:56  
Asura.Boogerballs said: »
Theres 2 ways u can do this. You can either meele it or MB it. At this point it doesnt really matter but the meele style is definitely faster and in my opinion much easier. What u need to do is position the mages off to the side so when he changes and goes after the popper, your mages will be out of the path. After the 2nd tank tags it, use Mirrors tonic and Steadfasts tonic and just kill it from there. If your group is good u can kill it before the drinks wear but chances are they will wear around 9-15%. Just keep at it and it will die. Hit me up in game and i can show u where they need to be.
Awesome thanks! What's the required acc for melee burn?
By Verda 2016-10-01 12:33:55  
Papesse's group killed it in 2mins 34 seconds using just one SMN as the primary damage, quickdraw, sch burst and geo bursts also played a factor.
YouTube Video Placeholder

For the six base elements magic bursted spike damage, SMN one hour has no contest. The first form is killed by having the COR reset SMN JA for each burst and the second form in conduit'd. Their setup is explained in detail by them here:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47645/summoner-strategy-for-kirin/#2994280
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/47645/summoner-strategy-for-kirin/#2994309

over 95% of the mobs in the game can be done this way by the way it's not just kirin.

I did something similar with Vir'ava in a video for example:

and for magic strong mobs like cerb you can go physical route:

Doing the astral magic burst route for Seiryu is also a very easy way to make the fight not messy at all and I've done similar things for reisenjima t3 with proper setups.

#smnisajobtoo

And no to win you don't have to conduit everything just makes it super easy.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-01 12:44:50  
Asura.Ramsy said: »
Awesome thanks! What's the required acc for melee burn?

With buffs/food/vorseals included, it's about 1890.
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-01 12:47:43  
Pretty sure it's not that much. That's more than WoC and Kouryu has less evasion than WoC I'm pretty sure. I've had someone tell me in a PM they were capped at 1750, but I haven't actually gone out and done any testing/parsing.

Asura.Ramsy said: »
we use the popper running to the bottom of 1 method
I've never really been a fan of that method. In a mage burn, the adds die in 1 volley anyway and die in a few seconds in a melee burn. They're only slightly annoying in a melee burn if Genbu pops due to Tortoise Song. Vex keeps DDs mostly safe from Seiryu's Dispelling Wind.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2016-10-01 12:55:13  
We use 2 tanks when we do meele burns so adds arent an issue. As for acc, i was at 95% at around 1750. Tbh i feel like that was too much acc for this. We way overestimated them both. I actually think it might cap at 1650.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-01 12:57:33  
Given it's a conservative number (the exact value for WoC would be 1879, and while I think Kirin probably is lower, I'm not totally sure) based on your own parsed value, it's strange that you say that.

Are interpreting this as what /checkparam you should hit? Because that's not what I mean.
First Page 2