users online
フォーラム » FFXI » NMs » Accuracy requirements on lv140+ content
Accuracy requirements on lv140+ content
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-13 23:59:56  
Does anyone have actual numbers on how much accuracy is required for various mobs? I've noticed that the T3s in Reisenjima seem to have a lower accuracy requirement than Kirin, for example. My LS hasn't bothered to pop a T4 in Reisenjima yet as we've been busy with other things, but I've seen on BG that 2100 accuracy wasn't capped on Teles or whatever it's name is.

My main reason for asking is actually because these are the only things I have as of yet been unable to cap my accuracy on with my Automaton(Vir'ava when not proc'd also). If people have real numbers for these NMs, that would help me significantly. I imagine it would also open the door for other people interested in alternative strategies for these NMs.

Edit: Also, does anyone know if distract is considered a unique debuff or is it simply evasion down?
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2015-12-14 00:11:54  
I thought you needed 1000-1100 ish base acc for all that
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2015-12-14 00:36:08  
Distract is evasion down, same as Feint.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-12-14 00:50:35  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
Does anyone have actual numbers on how much accuracy is required for various mobs? I've noticed that the T3s in Reisenjima seem to have a lower accuracy requirement than Kirin, for example. My LS hasn't bothered to pop a T4 in Reisenjima yet as we've been busy with other things, but I've seen on BG that 2100 accuracy wasn't capped on Teles or whatever it's name is.

I don't have exact numbers, but for non-trivial things:

* Teles seems to have somewhat variable evasion, or I am just extremely good at defying odds. Initially, I couldn't really hit it at 1800+ accuracy, but mid-fight, after I've skillfully died to Clarsach Call multiple times, I had capped accuracy with just 1650-ish accuracy + non-Bolster, non-Idris Torpor. Plus those completely super-relevant EVA-10 on Pyrrhic Kleos.

* Maju was capped with around 1750 accuracy + non-Bolster, non-Idris Torpor + that OP Pyrrhic Kleos. I never tried to go lower there though, so there's some chance that 1700 might be sufficient, too.

* I can hit AAs reliably with something like 1650 RACC + non-Bolster, non-Idris Torpor. This probably isn't true for AAMR, because we just entered #*** mode and SV/Bolster'd the ***out of her. AAHM was less evasive than I had thought, tbh.

The bottom line probably is that you need somewhere between 1650-1750 accuracy plus common EVA- debuffs (Torpor, Distract I). Kirin's evasion seems to be higher than that, but I haven't tried stabbing it since our very first attempt.

Even though stabbing things is more fun (for me) than helping other people making things explode. ;-(

/edit: I have no idea why I miraculously capped hit rate on Teles for a rather long period of time with just 1650-ish accuracy, btw.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-14 01:06:13  
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
The bottom line probably is that you need somewhere between 1650-1750 accuracy plus common EVA- debuffs (Torpor, Distract I). Kirin's evasion seems to be higher than that, but I haven't tried stabbing it since our very first attempt.
;-(

This is interesting to me. I'm thinking that it's possible that target marker is functioning like other attachments where it's evasion ignored is essentially half. This makes more sense, but not totally. Kirin's evasion is probably in the ballpark of 1800-1900 I'm guessing? Maybe as high as 2000?

If target marker is providing 22.5% evasion ignored rather than 45%, that puts my automaton around 1900ish accuracy. That explains why it hit rate when from kinda crappy to nearly capped once we added torpor to it.

Thank you very much for that information, Skudo. I greatly appreciate it!
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2015-12-14 01:07:22  
Can't you just /checkparam your auto to find out it's accuracy?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-14 01:13:21  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Can't you just /checkparam your auto to find out it's accuracy?

I can find it's base accuracy, but unfortunately Target Marker ignores a target's evasion rather than adding accuracy, so it's hard to quantify. I wasn't really sure if it just outright didn't work against certain NMs or if the effect was just weird. With Skudo's numbers I think I have it figured out.

Edit: This has me wondering if it is even possible for a melee job to get near that level of accuracy. I imagine the list of jobs that can hit that sort of accuracy level is quite small.
By geigei 2015-12-14 01:21:57  
The new nakara is evasive too, not like teles but i wasnt capped on the short time i was alive, takes close to 0 dmg tho with adds up. 2k acc is the new stantard for new stuff.
 Carbuncle.Skudo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: SKudo
By Carbuncle.Skudo 2015-12-14 01:26:18  
BLU, DNC.

That's it, pretty much. Maybe DRG, because I have no idea about DRG gear options. Everything else is behind by 100+ accuracy.

Oh. I forgot about NIN. Rightfully so, I guess. /runs.

Anyway, those 2k can't even be maintained for a long enough period of time for stuff to matter, I guess. Add the fact that you'd be susceptible to game-ending Dispels and it's clear that SE doesn't really want their new stuff to be meleed.

/edit: I also forgot about RNG. Derp.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-12-14 01:32:37  
That's kinda dumb, I think. There are more melee DDs in the game than there are of anything else, and literally none of them end up being useful for this content because of such a silly accuracy requirement. I've seen videos of Machina on Asura using a Samurai against Kirin, maybe they have information the rest of us do not? Or maybe they found a way to pump their acc high enough.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-14 02:08:59  
Carbuncle.Skudo said: »
Oh. I forgot about NIN. Rightfully so, I guess. /runs.
Why "rightfully so"? Now that you can make real use of Innin NIN can count on a bonus of like what, >50 accuracy? And like 20% Crit hit rate?
Sounds like a pretty massive boost if you ask me.
Sure NIN lacks a real devastating WS and he only has "good" ones, but I think it's likely the job that comes after BLU and DNC, if we rule SPs out.
By geigei 2015-12-14 02:25:23  
Dunno how others pull it off with dnc, my non mythic dnc is far behind my blu, 6k pk's on Aello where my cdc's range from 10k to 20ish.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2015-12-14 03:06:03  
If you're non-mythic you shouldn't really be using PK unless for SC purposes.
Granted that PK shouldn't be too far behind the other options either, but still the best option at 1000TP should be Evisceration, especially in situations where you can exploit crithit/critdamage bonuses (atmacites etc).
Whenever for any reason you can get large amounts of TP and/or TPbonuses, Rudra's Storm pulls ahead, especially when you can Climactic Flourish it.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2015-12-14 04:14:08  
Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia said: »
That's kinda dumb, I think. There are more melee DDs in the game than there are of anything else, and literally none of them end up being useful for this content because of such a silly accuracy requirement. I've seen videos of Machina on Asura using a Samurai against Kirin, maybe they have information the rest of us do not? Or maybe they found a way to pump their acc high enough.

no... or it was one of our very early attempt with it. (more likely one of us fooling around with lockstyle.)
PLD to pop and get adds, RUN to actually tank kirin and kouryu, assortiment of GEO SCH BLM and SMN plus one COR if available to get that thing down. And a lavish use of 1hours at key points.
no melee, not even bothering with a thf.

as for other things, we generaly dont bother meleeing. unless it's specifically resistant to magic. and then songs rolls food bubbles and i dont think we cap acc or racc even then.