Windower Not Using Graphics Card And Defaulting.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower not using graphics card and defaulting.
Windower not using graphics card and defaulting.
By Teapo 2015-10-19 19:18:02  
Just as the Title says, no matter what I do the game wont use my Nvidia 870m and will default to the integrated card. IN changed the global settings and still nothing, I currently have an ASUS ROG 750JS. This has been plaguing me for some time and I cant seem to find a fix.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2015-10-19 20:02:02  
same issue with 940m 4gb on acer aspire e15 laptop, everything except ffxi seems to let me pick what runs on nvidia. Setting pol and everything pol related, or windower related didnt seem to make it work either. I also cant disable the intel5500 because the nvidia card wont detect display settings and run without it, or cant.
By Teapo 2015-10-19 20:18:16  
I have the same problem when I disable the onboard it won't see the you at all and won't let me access it.
By Teapo 2015-10-19 23:00:58  
I'm taking from a lack of responses that this is a pretty major issue with my rig. I have spent the last 4 hours reading forum posts on how this issue is happening because of Nvidia Optimus and everything being funneled through the onboard graphics 1st then to the GPU. There is no way to disable it and I have tried everything in the way of settings to help myself.
Does anyone know of a laptop with a 17inch screen that's decently priced and will run 11 super sampled with no problems?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-10-19 23:41:51  
Try with just POL (no Windower) and see whether that uses your graphics card.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-19 23:53:49  
I had this issue as well. Nothing fixed it. I ended up with a Dell mobile workstation with discrete Quadro graphics. That works fine.
By Pantafernando 2015-10-20 02:46:38  
Whats the effect of that in your game?
I used to have problems with FFXI and my new computer, even though its spec were suposed to be higher than my previous one (that never had much problems till the point the cooler gave up).
The pc used to lag too much. My pc isnt a nvidia, though, its an amd radeon, and recently i kinda of read its a known problem with catalyst, a kind of program that choose what programs you want optimized performance. Suposelly, the fix was updating the cards drivers and bios and changing settings in catalyst. Idk if that would solve my ffxi problems as i dont play it anymore, but i supose that problem is similar to your, and possibly the answer involves updating your drivers and looking for a similar to catalyst for nvidia.
By Teapo 2015-10-20 11:05:07  
The intergrated card is so terrible that the game actually graphic lags heavily and there is a ton of screen tearing. It makes the game almost unplayable. I have updated my bios and video driver. The problem lies in the Nvidia Optimus and not being able to bypass it. I have fully given up. It's unfortunate but I'll just have to buy a new laptop.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-20 11:29:41  
Honestly modern integrated cards should be able to play XI, if it's on the right driver version/settings.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-10-20 12:26:01  
Jetackuu said: »
Honestly modern integrated cards should be able to play XI, if it's on the right driver version/settings.

They should be able to, but they can't. Maybe due to some bug or incompatibility. Or maybe due to a lack of fill rate/bandwidth for 1080p? I don't know much about the Intel integrated stuff spec-wise because it's been so bad in the past.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-20 12:35:09  
Eh, I've had no issues with it on the ones I have tried it with.
VIP
By Iryoku 2015-10-20 23:21:15  
FFXI just picks the first device and monitor it finds, there's no way configure which one you want it to use.

The only solution I can think of is disabling the integrated graphics in the BIOS.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-21 11:51:04  
There is an option of running the game in a VMWare VM, which you should be able to set to use the dedicated card, and then it wouldn't matter.

VMware player should even suffice, so you'd just need a windows install disc. I've been playing in multiple instances this way for years now.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1020 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Jumeya
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-08-06 14:42:33  
NECRO

For modern laptop users with win10, gfx issues etc.
This solution only works for multiple display setups. That is, using one or more external monitors in tandem to your laptop display or using your laptop as a docking station.

If this is you, and you wish your GPU to pick up FFXI or any older game for that matter, what you want to do is make your NON-DUPLICATED display that's externally attached to your laptop to be your PRIMARY display

Integrated cards force external displays to be handled by the other GPU (in my case, GTX1080) in hybrid optimus enabled devices.

Simply right click desktop > Display Settings > Make the non duplicated external monitor your primary display, launch game (windower or not, although uncapped FPS with is rather nice) and voila.
By Jetackuu 2018-08-06 17:51:29  
Or you can use dgvoodoo and not worry about it.
[+]