New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Site Update 2015.10.13
Site Update 2015.10.13
First Page 2
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-13 10:39:59  
The site has been updated.

Mostly a QoL and social patch. The XIV changes in progress aren't ready yet, and will likely go as part of a bigger set of changes (which I'll get to in a minute).

• [XI] The right sidebar now has a Shopping List, which works as a dashboard for stalking items. More below.

• [XI] Itemsets now give the equivalent Gearswap set instead of SpellCast.

• A number of small visual nitpicks and bugs have been cleaned up.

• Account level avatars now show up correctly on the account page.

• The sidebar menu has been reorganized a little.

• FFRK friend codes have been added to the social options.

• There's now a directory for Twitch streams.

• There's now a directory for FFRK friend codes.

So, a couple of things.

- The XI side shopping list is there to function more or less as a private version of Wanted - track stock, prices, and bazaar availability. I wanted to change the price display from median to a more predictive pricing model, but it turned out to be a bigger hassle than anticipated performance wise. You can add items directly from the page, and item pages have an "add to shopping list" option, and all of this is mostly so Byrth will stop abusing item sets.

- There aren't any XIV changes this time around because the ones I'm working on are of sufficient size that it's going to take more time.

- I'm now on the Guildwork staff. This means that my time is going to be stretched even thinner, but that I'll be able to address some concerns directly. It also means that I will eventually be able to add Market Board data to XIV once I sort out the requisite data mining from the GW client. So it won't be immediate, but it'll happen.

As always, thank you for supporting the site. Please let me know if you find any problems.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-13 10:46:00  
The work very appreciated, keep it up!
Rooks said: »
will eventually be able to add Market Board data to XIV
Seriously excited about this
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-10-13 10:53:04  
God damn Rooks, I'm not really a like give-outter but I feel like I have to like everything you post.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-13 10:53:48  
Jassik said: »
The work very appreciated, keep it up!
will eventually be able to add Market Board data to XIV
Seriously excited about this
Me too. \o/
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-13 10:54:04  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
God damn Rooks, I'm not really a like give-outter but I feel like I have to like everything you post.

The red bar compels you
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-13 10:55:02  
Can we get hover/mouse-over helptext for social icons?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-10-13 10:57:33  
When I attempted to use Shopping, it broke out of my normal XIAH display and showed me this:
By Jetackuu 2015-10-13 11:00:45  
Thanks.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-13 11:01:14  
Same deal on Chrome

Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-13 11:03:45  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
When I attempted to use Shopping, it broke out of my normal XIAH display and showed me this:

I missed a commit. It's up and waiting for the boss now.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2015-10-13 11:05:46  
Don't go wearing yourself out there, sir.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-13 11:21:07  
A number of small visual nitpicks and bugs have been cleaned up.
Still haven't fixed the greatest issue that was broken about one year ago!!!!!!

LOOK AT IT!!
HOW CAN OUR LIVES GO ON THIS WAY
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2015-10-13 11:27:17  
Also the thing I mentioned to you that when enlarging pics sometimes the scrollbar appears, but more often it doesn't...it's still there and we all hate you for it.

Deeply.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-13 11:27:17  
*stares blankly*

I don't even see what the issue is, between the nearly 3k in clicker heroes, the lolwindows8, the 10 notification, etc.

:D
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-13 11:29:36  
"Forum" and "Topic" lack width definitions, both at 250px looks like this.

EDIT: I thought I left "Last Poster" at 150px but that looks larger than that.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-13 11:45:33  
Oh, it cuts off the date, got it.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-13 13:43:20  
Shopping list is fixed. Sorry about that.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-10-13 13:45:12  
The shopping list makes two entries even for items that have no stack quantity.

Also, something about it prevented javascript from working on its page. In order to cause this, I added a bunch of items and deleted one. It might not have been working before that, but that's when I noticed it. Edit: It looks like it's just always broken for me now. My list is Wyvern Scales, Ethereal Squama, Muculent Ingot, Befouled Silver, Penelope's Cloth, Sif's Macrame, Staghorn Coral, Waktza Crest, Dragon Heart, Eschite Ore, Macuil Horn, and Defiant Sweat. I'm looking at the possessive items suspiciously.

When you add a new item, it adds both the stack and single amount, which makes sense. When you delete an item, it deletes both the stack and single amount (which might not be desirable for some people).
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-10-13 13:48:55  
The "add to" option on item pages doesn't seem to work correctly.

EDIT: Nvm, it was an item already on my list.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-10-13 13:51:37  
Shopping list needs to be added to the /members/ homepage.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-13 13:52:25  
The shopping list makes two entries even for items that have no stack quantity.

Also, something about it prevented javascript from working on its page. In order to cause this, I added a bunch of items and deleted one. It might not have been working before that, but that's when I noticed it.

When you add a new item, it adds both the stack and single amount, which makes sense. When you delete an item, it deletes both the stack and single amount (which might not be desirable for some people).

It's one database entry - the item ID - so adding/deleting will always give/remove both. It'll only add two entries, though, if the item in question has a stack_size. Try adding Savory Shank and you'll only get one entry (or at least I do).
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-10-13 13:52:47  

Hey, I found the one guy who uses that!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2015-10-13 13:54:15  
I do only get one entry for Savory Shank, but I get two entries for Ethereal Squama. I also updated the above post with the specific conditions I'm using to break javascript.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-13 13:58:57  

The whowhat'sit?
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-10-13 14:14:31  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Also the thing I mentioned to you that when enlarging pics sometimes the scrollbar appears, but more often it doesn't...it's still there and we all hate you for it.

Deeply.

You can force it to appear by putting the image in a spoiler. Not great, but it is a workaround.

I've hated this for idk how long. Have to open images in a seperate tab just so things don't get cut off upon enlarging to original size.

Also Seha, you can remove your Windows 10 Upgrade Notification by going into Windows Update and removing the installed update labeled KB3035583. That is all that specific update does so it's safe to remove it. And to prevent it from being reinstalled, once you remove it, go into your recommended updates (after scanning for new ones) and find it again; then right-click and select hide.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-10-13 14:21:15  
Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

Deeply.

You can force it to appear by putting the image in a spoiler. Not great, but it is a workaround.

I've hated this for idk how long. Have to open images in a seperate tab just so things don't get cut off upon enlarging to original size.

Also Seha, you can remove your Windows 10 Upgrade Notification by going into Windows Update and removing the installed update labeled KB3035583. That is all that specific update does so it's safe to remove it. And to prevent it from being reinstalled, once you remove it, go into your recommended updates (after scanning for new ones) and find it again; then right-click and select hide.
This is a downside to having so many windows VMs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-10-13 14:28:37  
It doesn't bother me, it just sits in the corner of my bar waiting quietly. It's just there to remind me that I might upgrade...but I never will.
By Jetackuu 2015-10-13 14:36:32  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It doesn't bother me, it just sits in the corner of my bar waiting quietly. It's just there to remind me that I might upgrade...but I never will.

I manage the spaces on my bar rather nitpickingly, I feel his pain.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2015-10-14 15:34:07  

To be fair I also looked there first!
By fillerbunny9 2015-10-14 15:59:10  
with you also teaming up with Guildwork, does this mean we can finally move away from the LSCom site for Achievements and such?
First Page 2